Repair Dispensary Tweak Idea

elitharcos

Instead of just respawning your companion, I think it should also repair it as the name states it. Most people are not using it for the duration, just place it down when someone needs their companion. So here is the addition it could have:

Companions within the mod's range while still alive have their shield recharge delay reduced by 20/25/30% allowing more shield gatings to happen. Affected by power strength to a maximum of 60%.

The problem is that sentinels would get revived and possibly die within 1 minute and pets can constantly be revived anyway if you pay attention or one of your teammates. So to make the repair dispensary a nice addition I thought of this idea.

I think DE needs to just face the facts: This was a bad attempt at a band-aid mod for an issue that has been in the game for almost as long as the game has existed. Plenty of people have made suggestions for easy, effective fixes to the issue which wouldn't break the game's balance either. The issue is just the Sentinels are severely lacking. No armor, health, or shield link. They literally sit right next to your frame, so they are constantly in the line of fire and any AOE you happen to get hit with. There's no reviving them like with the other companions, they just die. The Regen mods give them more lives, but those often only last until the invulnerability timer runs out. And their brilliant solution is to shoe horn an augment mod into an ability, that even though it's a helminth ability, people have to try to find somewhere in their already packed and cramped builds to fit this mod for a companion that could easily die in a few seconds after reviving anyways.

My favorite solution so far isn't a hard one either: Change (Primed) Regen. The Sentinel would revive after (60) 90 seconds, be invulnerable upon revive for (11) 6 seconds. Then just balance Reawaken, have it conflict with (Primed) Regen and change it to 30 seconds, with a 9 second invulnerability window.

No need for new mods, or to massively alter the game's systems. Reawaken already exists, so the system is already in place, and it just needs tweaking on the timer and to be applied to two additional mods with just different intervals. It's literally just take the mechanic of one mod and duplicating it to two others with different timers.

Then we can give Protea something else for her Dispensary, something she deserves. Maybe add a slow aura, since her theme sort of deals with time manipulation.

I would say first thing repair dispensary needs to be considerable choice, is for it to not collide with regular dispensary. Either allow one of each to exist separatelly, or roll in repair dispensary into functionality of normal one. Then we could talk. Otherwise, what xZeromusx said makes sense to me.

Archived