Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Alerts (incursions) should guarantee Acolytes

Ms_Salami

The Acolytes MORE OFTEN THAN NOT do not spawn in SP Alerts (Incursions). Sometime they spawn after the mission end screen so you get trolled, but wait around and they often never spawn. When they do spawn the mission can end suddenly because the game does not always count them. 

This includes all mission types. Even Defence and Survival.

I thought the point of the Incursion was there is a incursion by an acolyte, otherwise what the difference?

On finite length missions in Alerts the acolyte should spawn at the start of very near the start. Defence wave 1 or 2. Survival minute 1 or 2. Disruption and Interception, on the 1st defence terminal, and on exterminate at max 50% killed, on Mobile Defence when first area complete before 2nd defence started (similar for Defection missions with escapees). On target missions: eg. Spy BEFORE entering any vaults, , on capture, rescue and sabotage, right at the start.

Not to invalidate your Feedback, because I want increased Acolyte spawn rates... As in, Acolytes spawning within every 10 seconds apart from each other...

... But seriously, please explain how I get on a daily basis like 600 Steel Essence from those, and you're getting the 2 or 3 from each Incursion? What exactly are you doing wrong or not doing at all?

In fact, perhaps its faster if you just tell me what exactly are you doing since that's probably easier to answer...

14 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

But seriously, please explain how I get on a daily basis like 600 Steel Essence from those

How many hours does it take to get 600 per day in the current system? If you casually run the incursions without boosters you're looking at about 20 in an hour. Double that yield and halve the time if you're trying harder. The problem I see is that incursions are often spawned on missions incapable of spawning acolytes, like the Kuva Fortress Assault. That should be fixed.

4 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

How many hours does it take to get 600 per day in the current system?

... Lets just say my sleeping hours doesn't fit the norm, but it isn't because of the current Acolyte spawn system so~ see that number as more of an estimate than an exact value...

... Each of my missions lasts for 3h or more, non-endless, non-exterminate. I usually get around 50 or so, no boosters and no Kavat. Sometimes more than 50, sometimes less... It depends pretty much on how fast Acolyte "A" dies so that conditions to spawn Acolyte "B" are met even faster so it can spawn... Assume that I haven't made faction builds just for the main Factions (Grineer, Corpus, Infestation), and that my builds aren't broken.

12 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

The problem I see is that incursions are often spawned on missions incapable of spawning acolytes, like anything archwing-enabled on Kuva Fortress or Uranus. That should be fixed.

The thing there is that... They really DO spawn in those tilesets, on Incursion missions. They do not spawn, however, during Assassination missions but I think there are no Assassination Incursions. I've had Acolytes spawn in Kuva Fortress Incursions more often than in the Kuva Fortress normal missions, unfortunately.

Sealab tileset is something else considering their spawn system. Although DE claimed to have fixed it and I believe they did but, like they told me a couple years ago, code is fickle and because of how fickle it is, Acolytes spawn underwater if the player is underwater... This is a returned bug... They die instantly whenever they spawn underwater, giving off the idea that it didn't spawn at all when they actually did.

But I like to confirm things before claiming to be certain so~ I'll have to run Incursions in those tilesets next time they pop and confirm that they actually spawn... So~, assume that what I've said has, at least, 80% certainty...

22 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Lets just say my sleeping hours doesn't fit the norm... Each of my missions lasts for 3h or more

They really DO spawn in those tilesets

That's a lot of patience and dedication. You are correct about the spawns for non-archwing missions like kuvival or the sealab Earth node, but acolytes still never spawn on certain archwing-enabled missions like Kuva Assault. If they can't force acolyte spawns in those missions when they show up as incursions, then those missions should be removed from the incursion pool. I'll add that acolyte spawns should also be forced as soon as you complete a non-endless objective, so you are not stuck waiting.

... Well..

25 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I like to confirm things before claiming to be certain so~ I'll have to run Incursions in those tilesets next time they pop and confirm

Including that Kuva Assault Incursion if it appears... I'll pop ingame in a few hours and see if there's one.

6 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Lets just say my sleeping hours doesn't fit the norm, but it isn't because of the current Acolyte spawn system so~ see that number as more of an estimate than an exact value...

Estimates are only good when they're not wildly off. No resource boosts of any kinds means that 600 Steel essence will take 25 hours assuming acolytes every 5 min. 300 essence takes 10 hours assuming 4 minutes between each acolyte. The first is impossible and the other is essentially no-lifing while still being far below your "estimate".

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Estimates are only good when they're not wildly off. No resource boosts of any kinds means that 600 Steel essence will take 25 hours assuming acolytes every 5 min. 300 essence takes 10 hours assuming 4 minutes between each acolyte. The first is impossible and the other is essentially no-lifing while still being far below your "estimate".

No one has the exact same standards, just like no player has the exact same builds as the next player.

Your mathematical calculations fail right at the start because you have absolutely no idea what I have ingame, what equipment I use, what build I have on my equipment and a lot of other high maintenance variables you absolutely cannot calculate. Its much more of a "wildly off" estimate than my 600 Steel Essence estimate.

Keep in mind, I could've said 9000 Steel Essence while clearly blowing it out of proportions and you still wouldn't have the faintest idea how I would pull it off, but I kept myself at a slightly "over-the-top" estimate that I can get with a little more "effort" from my part, but I can guarantee you that the average of 300 is what I get and in less hours than you attempted to calculate those 600...

Oh, and I forgot to point out... There are some missions that actually take less time to execute due to tileset size and if I decide to bullet jump, which I don't... But I avoid the Objective as much as possible, and retrace as many times as I have to in order to make sure everything is dead... You can consider that as "one of the causes" for such a huge mission time... (I also have fun doing that btw)

Besides...

7 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

It depends pretty much on how fast Acolyte "A" dies so that conditions to spawn Acolyte "B" are met even faster so it can spawn...

Apparently, conditions aren't tied to time during non-endless missions... They're tied to kills performed, with a slight cooldown to avoid having them spawn consecutively and immediately one after the next... . If you don't kill anyone, you can auto-extract due to the AFK system and still wouldn't get a single Acolyte spawn.

I'm not debating here who does what with whatever time he/she has on his/her hands, at a given time of the day. Nor am I pointing out that he/she isn't putting enough of his/her time to get anything worthwhile.

Also, do not forget... Thread is about spawns being guaranteed inside Steel Path Incursions, to which I replied twice

7 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

I'll have to run Incursions in those tilesets next time they pop and confirm that they actually spawn...

As I'm not absolutely sure that they do Spawn in certain tilesets during Incursions... Please, avoid trying to calculate variables outside of your control that cannot be calculated in the future..

I'll return later after I do the referred Incursions in Kuva Fortress and Sealab tilesets.. Thanks in advance for understanding.

44 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

According to the wiki

Honestly, I've learned not to rely on the wiki for many things. I apologize in advance for not relying on it for this...

... Its not that the update notes there aren't reliable. Those are reliable, since its pretty much treated information from DE's update notes... Its all the rest, at the exception of those update notes...

2 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

No one has the exact same standards, just like no player has the exact same builds as the next player.

Your mathematical calculations fail right at the start because you have absolutely no idea what I have ingame, what equipment I use, what build I have on my equipment and a lot of other high maintenance variables you absolutely cannot calculate. Its much more of a "wildly off" estimate than my 600 Steel Essence estimate.

What gear you use doesn't matter beyond what your KPS is. KPS has a soft cap due to the game only being able to spawn enemies so fast.
Acolytes spawns boil down to 2 things: Your kill rate and some internal timer. A hour run of Interception with ~100 KPS nets 24 essence. This is in line with the estimated figure of 1 acolyte every 5 min. PC can reach ~200 KPS with good spawn camping, but that doesn't translate to double the acolytes.
But hey, let's be generous and assume that acolyte spawn rate is directly proportional to KPS. So let's say you get an acolyte every 3 minutes. That's 15 hours for 600 essence. 12.5 hours for 500 essence. So you play for 13 hours a day?

3 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Keep in mind, I could've said 9000 Steel Essence while clearly blowing it out of proportions and you still wouldn't have the faintest idea how I would pull it off, but I kept myself at a slightly "over-the-top" estimate that I can get with a little more "effort" from my part, but I can guarantee you that the average of 300 is what I get and in less hours than you attempted to calculate those 600...

11 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Each of my missions lasts for 3h or more, non-endless, non-exterminate. I usually get around 50 or so, no boosters and no Kavat.

Based on your own numbers your claim of 600 is BS. 50 every 3 hours is 400 in 24 hours. You need 70/hr to reach 560 in 24 hours. Bu hey, neat dedication to the game to play it for 24 hours straight.

12 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

but I think there are no Assassination Incursions

There are. I've had Alad V, Captain Vor, Hyena Pack, Lech Kril, Raptor, Sarge, the works. Haven't seen Ropalolyst or Mutalist Alad V, not sure if those special bosses can show up.

When I feel like farming steel essence, I go mining in an open world. They show up on a timer anyway, and in an open world I can just load Arquebex into their dumb face and be done with it. Steel path also gives increased mining ores and higher amounts per dig (feels like, at least). Of course, if you also have a resource doubler, you get double of both steel essence and mining yields.

On 2021-05-17 at 11:56 PM, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Just as an update, also related to this particular thread because its tied to the associated Incursions whenever they appear on those respective mission nodes, Acolytes are not spawning in Kuva Fortress missions tagged with the Archwing symbol... After running each of those Kuva Fortress nodes without being Incursions, I can confirm that they're not appearing there but they do spawn in the Sealab tileset, including Uranus missions, and Kuva Fortress missions that are not tagged.

On 2021-05-18 at 4:43 AM, Zeddypanda said:

When I feel like farming steel essence, I go mining in an open world. They show up on a timer anyway, and in an open world I can just load Arquebex into their dumb face and be done with it.

That's pretty much what I do, when I want just the acolytes... At least, in those, they appear quite regularly haha

Archived