Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instead Of Awarding Players For Skill. They Are Awarded For Having No Life Out Of Gaming...

The-Ex-Wife

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but when it comes to events.

It doesn't really matter at all how skilled you are.
But more so how much of a social life or work life doesn't exist. 

I have gotten most event items but only barely, And for say primed chamber. No way in hell would I be able to get that when I have work and sport as such. 

Its not rewarding someone on their skill but more so congratulating them on basically living at their computer. 

I know how the mods like lethal torrent and shred were implemented into nightmare modes. But is there any future opportunities to acquire say primed chamber rather than spending every waking moment grinding one event. 

Cheers.

#Re posted in this section as didn't know what section it should be under.

Everything but mindless grind.

Check the mastery tests, they require some skill.

except the one where you have to hack everything, that just requires just basic knowledge of all the hacks in the game (which anyone playing this game for a decent time will) and have a fast mind and finger(s), and you really don't NEED them as you get a lot of time to hack the consoles, it just helps

Edited by Ninjaboy00

Theres honestly only two mastery tests that require skill, the marksmanship test (rooms full of orbs and you have to track and shoot each one that glows) and the acrobatics test (wall running, jumping from platform to platform etc). aside from that the game is relatively lax skill-wise.

except the one where you have to hack everything, that just requires just basic knowledge of all the hacks in the game (which anyone playing this game for a decent time will) and have a fast mind and finger(s), and you really don't NEED them as you get a lot of time to hack the consoles, it just helps

OR lots of ciphers if you are lazy.  

Skill? In Warframe? Did you play it at all, OP?

Also, the same day DE makes skill events with prizes, this forum will be washed away by flood of whine from so called "people with social life" about "DE shaping this game only for hardcore MLG pr0 l33t no-lifers qqqq".

Entitlement, envy, greed, instant gratification. The cancer of this community.

Edited by Khranitel

You need skill to know the proper loadouts,how to adapt to situations or different enemies.You also need skill to move around the map,and your aiming/strategy is much more important than the power of your weapon,which you can upgrade by having the skill to face hard enemies

bahahahahah just kidding.This is farmville with guns,or RNG: The game.I agree with you

Edited by VodkaGR

Pretty much any event for any online game ever is going to be pretty grind-oriented. I don't think Warframe has significantly more grind than any of the other games I've played during events... and I would even go as far as to say that it is less grind-oriented. Why? Because you have concrete goal threshholds and a guaranteed way to make progress every time you do something. A lot of other games I've seen have events based around "collect x amount of this special event item that is a random drop and then turn it in to this NPC. Now do that three more times in increasing quantities if you want the actual event item." It's also rare to see events tied into actual game lore in a decently entertaining way, at least on the F2P front.

The most important thing, though, is that DE's events hand out rewards proportional to the amount of grind you put in. Sure, the Brakk took 100 runs to get, but it's a really powerful weapon that feels like it was worth those 100 runs. Other games may have smaller time investments than Warframe does, but their rewards are proportionally less satisfying to get. Of course, that's going entirely off of my personal experience, so bias this, bias that, but I feel it is safe to say that you are a bit misguided in complaining about the lack of a system for rewarding skill in the context of events. Unless of course, you have some intuitive, ingenious system by which more skilled players could progress through an event more quickly. I sure as hell can't think of anything. Having every event be based around headshotting some new enemy model strikes me as pointlessly dull and very limited in terms of the available lore.

Skill? In Warframe? Did you play it at all, OP?

Also, the same day DE makes skill events with prizes, this forum will be washed away by flood of whine from so called "people with social life" about "DE shaping this game only for hardcore MLG pr0 l33t no-lifers qqqq".

Entitlement, envy, greed, instant gratification. The cancer of this community.

So much this.

the survival event was a good example. 20 minutes. it had a clear goal, and it was challenging (unless you had a nova, acird, etc.)

Yes, the survival event was fun (just because an event doesn't take that long to get the highest reward doesn't mean players will stop playing it.) I played that event every moment I was on Warframe.