Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bonewidow Suggestions! (Hope it's okay to post this)

Redfeather75

This frame is really fun and I want to play it through everything! So here's some suggestions to help it be useful in steel path and really shine in a group and be welcome! Voidrig may be better overall, but bonewidow is useful for solo players and with this change bonewidow can pair up with others, like a voidrig, to make a really powerful team!

1. Shield Maiden block no longer reflects damage, because honestly the reflect is insignificant! Instead it taunt's enemies in immediate area and it applies void status to enemies that attack it. So enemies that attack Bonewidow's shield get bullet attractor applied to them! (bullet attractor will allow bonewidow and it's allies to land headshots with archguns more easily and that is REALLY useful for steel path and needs to be accessible)
  2. Throwing an enemy with meathook could make the enemy explode in a way that heals allies in that area of impact based on remaining health of enemy!
  3. Aerial Slam Attack could create an area of energy at impact site, lasting for a short time. The area could buff the damage output of all allies standing in it!
  4. Slide attacks while in Ironblade mode could reduce enemy defenses, by a lot! Whatever it takes to make it Steel Path useful!

edit: I'm adding in a bracket on why void status.

3 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

This frame is really fun and I want to play it through everything! So here's some suggestions to help it be useful in steel path and really shine in a group and be welcome!

1. Shield Maiden block no longer reflects damage, because honestly the reflect is insignificant! Instead it taunt's enemies in immediate area and it applies void status to enemies that attack it. So enemies that attack Bonewidow's shield get bullet attractor applied to them!

Im fine with it not reflecting anymore, but I feel like there are a lot of status that are better to choice from then void, especially for a melee focused mech. 

1. Throwing an enemy with meathook could make the enemy explode in a way that heals allies in that area of impact based on remaining health of enemy!

Why healing? Why not making the thrown target explode dealing damage based on their remaining hp?

1. Aerial Slam Attack could create an area of energy at impact site, lasting for a short time. The area could buff the damage output of all allies standing in it!

Sure. Sounds good

1. Slide attacks while in Ironblade mode could reduce enemy defenses, by a lot! Whatever it takes to make it Steel Path useful!

Can we even slide attack with iron bride? I couldve sworn we cant, but in either case sure. Or at least some way to reduce enemy armor. Perhaps when they shoot the war shield <_<

1 hour ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Why healing? Why not making the thrown target explode dealing damage based on their remaining hp?

I could have sworn it already does explode based on remaining hp!

Can we even slide attack with iron bride? I couldve sworn we cant, but in either case sure. Or at least some way to reduce enemy armor. Perhaps when they shoot the war shield <_<

The slide attack is the shield charge. I heard it referred to as that so I just used it. 😂

Im fine with it not reflecting anymore, but I feel like there are a lot of status that are better to choice from then void, especially for a melee focused mech. 

The idea was useful to support groupmates who aren't using bonewidow and it can allow bonewidow to switch back to a gun like veloctius and land headshots with it. It's really important overall I feel. Really important!

Archived