Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

in your opinion what is the real endgame of the warframe ?

-IGRIS-

Il y a 1 heure, RazerXPrime a dit :

Think lots of people are confused with what Warframe is. Warframe isn't a game you complete or get to the end of. Warframe is about playing the game while enjoying the mechanics and getting a new shiny every now and then. If you rush the game to get everything you want then... you end up with end game. Then you go onto the forums to complain about it disregarding the fact that you're doing it wrong.

If there's nothing about Warframe you really liked while obtaining everything, then you're not going to enjoy it when you do get everything. Also... why play?

Complaining about a lack of end game is complaining about your own foolishness and time investment. 

you are not
referring to me right I didn't come here to cry for lack 
of an ending I came here to know the opinion of others.

il y a 1 minute, Kaokasalis a dit :

The endgame of Warframe is when you run out of things to do or farm for and just spend all your time in the chat all day or whatever else you fancy doing that is a worthless waste of your time.

i farm pl and eidolon hahha

3 minutes ago, UpsyDownn said:

you are not
referring to me right I didn't come here to cry for lack 
of an ending I came here to know the opinion of others.

Well I didn't quote you so no I'm not referring to you. But there are people that come here to complain about end game and this is the bazillionth topic on the matter. So in general it's probably better to discuss what Warframe is and what you'd like it to bring in terms of content, rather than focussing on something the game will never have. 

From my perspective we could definitely do with more game modes that bring some challenge. but in all honesty with the power we wield already and the multitute of ways to avoid damage, I don't see this in the actual battle mechanics. If anything the game mode itself should provide a challenge in terms of specific mechanics. Things that require you to have a decent operator, or specific loadout to work maybe? Maybe add an MR requirement to enter? I dunno. There's many options in terms of game modes that we could enjoy.

Thing is, Warframe is not in entirety a simple stat-check game. This means that difficulty isn't as lineairly scalable in terms of doing and receiving damage.

To be fair a starting player that has unlocked Steel Path will very likely not be able to do steel path simply because of the lack of mods/weapons/frames/skills. Aside from skill however it becomes complicated to build a game mode that is worthy of people that have obtained all that there is. 

The real question is not if there's end game material, but the question should be: what game content is specific to veterans and what can we add to that?

il y a 7 minutes, RazerXPrime a dit :

Well I didn't quote you so no I'm not referring to you. But there are people that come here to complain about end game and this is the bazillionth topic on the matter. So in general it's probably better to discuss what Warframe is and what you'd like it to bring in terms of content, rather than focussing on something the game will never have. 

From my perspective we could definitely do with more game modes that bring some challenge. but in all honesty with the power we wield already and the multitute of ways to avoid damage, I don't see this in the actual battle mechanics. If anything the game mode itself should provide a challenge in terms of specific mechanics. Things that require you to have a decent operator, or specific loadout to work maybe? Maybe add an MR requirement to enter? I dunno. There's many options in terms of game modes that we could enjoy.

Thing is, Warframe is not in entirety a simple stat-check game. This means that difficulty isn't as lineairly scalable in terms of doing and receiving damage.

To be fair a starting player that has unlocked Steel Path will very likely not be able to do steel path simply because of the lack of mods/weapons/frames/skills. Aside from skill however it becomes complicated to build a game mode that is worthy of people that have obtained all that there is. 

The real question is not if there's end game material, but the question should be: what game content is specific to veterans and what can we add to that?

well sometimes I travel in the world
of warframe and I think of things that they could implement
in the game, such as in the world of railjack,
to do a stellar war as before in the dark sector
that the cla fought to get
that solar track more to do something pvp
mode Cla vs Cla make a 4x4 and the winner will
acquire that sector to the world with mini railjacks killing
themselves hahaha it would be cool.

Killing pixels, just like the 'beginning' and 'middle' game, kill pixels, get stuff, kill more pixels.

WF 'endgame' is the exact same as the Day 1 game, IME.

Why look for something in an Entertainment platform that is not designed to provide anything other than the ephemeral fun it provides?

The general 'endgame' idea is based on the false premise that a game can keep people happy 'forever'.

So many people caught in this sunk fallacy trap of thinking they have to play a game when they have finished/beaten/get no more entertainment from it.

The real 'endgame' of WF is for a player to be honest with themselves and move on to another game once this one no longer entertains.

But here, as with many GaaS games, some players think it's the game at fault, when really that player just needs to find another game to entertain them.

Thus, the endless argument over what the endgame is or is not, when in reality, the endgame is just the same game as the beginning game.

I simply do not comprehend this insistence that a GaaS game provider must be able to entertain endlessly, it makes no logical sense IME.

I always thought that trying to avoid toxicity on the forums was the endgame. sometimes it's way harder than dodging a room full of bullets.

either that, or trying to get DE to notice the Design Council and bring us in for more than the occasional token augment idea. now that's a tricky level, let me tell you..

18 minutes ago, ZokuGojira said:

To upgrade our operators, railjacks, and necramechs to the point where we're not using our warframes any more.

Don’t know about that one 🤔 

I love all three of those, but none of them can wall-climb (among other things) 👍 

All I know is that however you define the end game, I won't ever get there. And I'm more than okay with that. It means I always have a reason to log in.

I work 9 to 5 and have kids,  and I think my story is probably very common. 

Honestly, I feel like one of the biggest "Endgame-y" thing you can get in this game is obtaining Primed Sure Footed. It's locked behind 400 days of logins but is a chase mod. I don't use it on every frame but man it was a huge chase for me and I'm sure a decent number of other people.

Outside of that, there isn't much to do in "endgame" outside of personal goals. Getting MR 30 is nice but once you get it it feels as if there's not much else to go for cause there isn't. Doing Eidolons/PT gets really stale as there isn't much more to the bosses themselves(and once you get all the arcanes/rewards do you really need to do more of these?). Going for fashion/codex completion that kinda stuff, lots to do to 100% an account but there isn't any more of that "Progression" feel in WF endgame.

Frankly, I personally find the Lich system to be pretty good in regards to their generation and their uniqueness and stuff to push for. I really like hunting down cool masked/interesting liches and that's how I spend most of my "endgame" WF time. The other time is probably spent helping new players, I generally see a lot of higher MR players offer help cause they're literally bored out of their minds and after making all the meme builds and S#&$posting there isn't much else to do.

Dunno what the fix would be, there has to be some sort of content we can all keep progressing in. What I think could be cool would be if WF introduced some sort of "seasonal" type mechanics ala Path of Exile, where each season they bring in something new that potentially gets applied to mobs. Like Glassmaker glassing random units but with funner mechanics than complete invincibility. I think this game could take a lot from PoE. From its endgame mapping system, even down to adding in more ability effects to enemies like the rare/unique of that game vs eximus units.

On 2021-05-17 at 3:09 PM, UpsyDownn said:

in your opinion what is the real endgame of the warframe ?

Power and "Doing Stuff" that lets us use it.  lol........    so we can keep farming more stuff with it to help new players with.
Railjack + Mechs and possibly + 'Heavy Companions' to go with them could be a fun thing to see done...   yee.

Basically the end-game is doing whatever parts of the game you love most doing and farming from so to have stuff ya can trade to others that are doing other parts of the game to mutually make gains and sells for plat so we all have a fun good time doing whatever it is we enjoy doing.   😊

Far as the current  "End Game"  we are moving towards in the New War, it will be interesting to find out.

Basically.........   Railjack Stuff if a more TLDR answer.   imo

"Railjack" in Warframes is going to be the place to go to find the integrations of the rest of the game in new larger more complex missions.

Personally I hope they add   "Campaigns"  as a thing with RJ where we do like Sorties but more like  Arbitrations where we do a series of linked missions where we keep going from one thing to the next in a sequence of linked missions to reach a final boss or target.,   yee.

And have it be ofc "repeatable" maybe if one finishes or has to exit out before the timer is over for it and the next one starts.
("Campaigns"  could be the  RJ  companion mode for  Arbitrations / Sorties.)

Thoughts?

It's not high level content, it's not forced coop or playing for new gear. It's as we've been told my the Lotus and the game from day one: To bring balance to the system. Sadly, apart from invasions, the game impact of which has been gutted years ago, nothing else supports that idea.

well i created a topic to know how
 is the opinion about the end game of the game
 and had more than 70 answers in a few days,
 for many endgame of warframe is far,
 for others it does not exist and will not exist,
 I saw several cool ideas of hopefully
 veteran players will arrive in DE thanks tenno.

Whatever your goal is really since the game is open ended with so many different things to get from so many different places. If we were talking endgame content here then the answer would be nothing and everything due to the same reason that the game is open ended. There is no endgame content in the traditional sense since there is no actual scaling in the game in the traditional sense either and BiS or appealing items are obtained from the most trivial content all the way to the "hard" parts of the game, which can also vary between builds aswell as frames/weapons.

Tbh there is no "end game" its a topic de adressed before in dev streams alot but as stated here its what you make of it expl. I enjoy helping noobies or newer players to try to help them enjoy the game iv enjoyed for the last 9yrs (pc account included) as much as i have as best i can to re move some of the stigmas de has started within the community devideing us as a whole i may not agree with de or thier tencent money grabs as of late but i do still enjoy warframe as a whole its rich in lore grate over all gameplay and due to whales,4yr + vets, founders whats left of these its free to play for those who cant or dont wanna pay witch is a huge perk for most though not perfect the games grate and i guess to find a "end game" id say paying back is the best kind of end game even if not true end game 

fashion frame and then finally quitting the game because to little effort is put in to make it worth my time.

I simply don't like the cheap knock-off railjack system we got, that got reworked, but not to actually meet what it was promised to do/be. Oh, and grind island 3.0 kinda got me thinking that this is the end-game of warframe, just one grind island after the next. I've been passionate about this game... but the amount of content that is almost completely disconnected from the rest of the game is just staggering.

Archived