Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NG+ - I’m sure I’m not the first and other

(PSN)GuffyNuggets92

So I’m mr30 I play the game every day and like most veteran players I’m bored. Also like other players I’m bored because I have nothing to do in the game beside wait for something to grind (for the most part) and DE does remarkable in coming up with new content no matter how buggy it can be but a simple solution to this is let players replay the game from the beginning. Right now you would need to make a new account to be able to do so. But if you gave say those that have completed the steel path the option to start the story and all quests over from nothing I’m sure players would love the idea. 
Ex. Upon completion of the steel path player receives message from teshin telling them to come and receive your final gift. 
rewards - ng+, 1x Warframe slot (to be used for the awakening quest and your starter Warframe),all content player has collected would come over to ng+

This could also open a few doors few de

-this would restrain the player base from getting more spread out since a ng+ would have older players playing with those on a ng more naturally than just a squad request. 
-de could use ng+ as an incentive to keep playing by allowing those on ng+ access to a retired mission/operations (say all the ones in your player stats) 

—while this would separate a portion of the player base for those yes but by making all missions non-replay able again it guarantee’s that a more balanced match making (so no mr1 with 3x mr 20+) but those with an understanding of the game enjoying a nice short reward for beating the game

-I’m sure I/many others can think of a lot more detailed answers but right now I’m drawing a blank (not because I can’t think of anything but I have trouble holding onto thoughts because of multiple sclerosis (such an interesting autoimmune condition)

—-other idea was to add a join public match button for each planet (so no longer dependent on the pool of people going for that one node to fill your squad) that could through you into any public match in any node on that planet

4 hours ago, (PSN)GuffyNuggets92 said:

guarantee’s that a more balanced match making

Balanced match making doesn't really matter though. If you're concerned about nuking frames, they'll still be a problem for the players on NG+. And because NG+ needs to be accessed by completing the Steel Path, you'll rarely find anyone in match making, since the only people doing that are people going for the highest Mastery ranks, which is a tiny portion of the community.

Side problem of the entire NG+ concept: Barely anyone cares about reexperiencing the story, and those that do just replay the quests, or go through the effort of a new account.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Balanced match making doesn't really matter though. If you're concerned about nuking frames, they'll still be a problem for the players on NG+. And because NG+ needs to be accessed by completing the Steel Path, you'll rarely find anyone in match making, since the only people doing that are people going for the highest Mastery ranks, which is a tiny portion of the community.

Side problem of the entire NG+ concept: Barely anyone cares about reexperiencing the story, and those that do just replay the quests, or go through the effort of a new account.

While you may not feel the community cares about re-experiencing the game from the beginning I know/know of plenty of players that would love to and would much rather not lose all the time/effort/money they put into the game. A NG+ would help because even DE Rebecca has made a ng on ps5 to re-experience the game on the next generation console (key word: re-experience) and players that make new accounts normally start on a different platform which lessen the pool of players available  (pc to console to console/pc). While yes you will still have mr30 blowing through the game a lot of them would be happy to give themselves challenge runs (I personally want to see how far I can get through the game using only flawed mods but the only current option is a ng and I worked to hard for what I have to give it up and the current quest replay just doesn’t feel natural and isn’t available for every quest)

Archived