Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr SERIOUSLY need a rework

(PSN)papas_duquesas_

First, english is not my native lenguaje so there could be some misunderstandings and second don't expect actually details in new ideas of implement to the abilities about combos, critical chance, etc, it's a very general vision about this. 

I've read a couple of topics and this is not just me complaining about Valkyr, "Hysteria" and "War Cry" are really good abilities but what is wrong with "Rip Line" and "Paralysis"?. Ok Rip line it's a funny ability... and that's it, because when i'm trying to pull of an strong enemy he just pass by 5 meters behind me, except for weaker enemies, they just die and it's not even funny so it's useless. Paralysis at least in my opinion (because i like to use a tank valkyr so don't even got a good amount of shield) do nothing, just stun enemies max for 2 seconds and not even make them fly away or something like that, useless. In a lot of missions i tried to do something and be useful with Valkyr but then just came some area warframe with godly mod weapons and kill literally everyone so i can just only limit to watch how everything burns supporting with War Cry 'cause is the least thing i can do. I need to equip other warframes like Saryn so i can help efficiently and a lot of mods and other warframes can make things that Valkyr does so now everything is better than her. Valkyr is a close range warframe so she need to get the enemies very close to her to make a contribution to the team so i was thinking something similar to the ability of the archwing Itzal that one called "Cosmic Crush", with that you can build good combinations by yourself or with teammates, something like a lot of rip lines attracting the enemies to your position quickly. Other ability could be something like Paralysis but that actually DO something like stun or make them fly away as i said before, it's not a bad idea to an ability but it needs more power. A passive could be that the more enemies you got close she get more anxious and more angry so she and the team can get a buff of certain amount of damage or armor at max of 10-15 enemies (more-less) or maybe more damage to corpus getting a little to lore, this is just an extra the actual passive it's not bad. This are just random ideas the most important point here is to change those abilities into something that can make Valkyr a good option and not a useless warframe, i mean not useless at all but could be much better. 

I left this game for a while but now im back on track, don't even done a topic(?) before but i really needed to express myself 'cause i love this warframe and it's just sad that she can't be at the same rhythm than other warframes, she got the potential but she needs a little of attention, i hope this review or whatever it is can make a difference to make her back on track too. 

PD: im mastery rank 13 and got 303 hours playing so maybe there's people with more time, more experience, maybe just others with good ideas or different thoughts about what is going with valkyr, i'll really appreciate you all can share your opinions, thanks for your time. 

37 minutes ago, (PSN)papas_duquesas_ said:

Rip line it's a funny ability... and that's it, because when i'm trying to pull of an strong enemy he just pass by 5 meters behind me, except for weaker enemies, they just die and it's not even funny so it's useless.

Increasing your mobility by grappling terrain is not useless.
I concur it's not quite practical when targeting enemies though.

Paralysis at least in my opinion (because i like to use a tank valkyr so don't even got a good amount of shield) do nothing, just stun enemies max for 2 seconds and not even make them fly away or something like that, useless.

Opening enemies to finisher is not useless.

but then just came some area warframe with godly mod weapons and kill literally everyone so i can just only limit to watch how everything burns

That's an issue about those frames/players, not Valkyr.

36 minutes ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

The problem is how bad the ability feels as a mobility tool. You barely gain any momentum and you stop halfway through the grapple. There's also the issue of tighter maps, which make Ripline essentially useless, since trying to grapple through a hallway just brings you a short distance before hitting the floor.

38 minutes ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

Paralysis is terrible at opening enemies to finishers, since the duration is short and unmoddable, the animation is quite lengthy and locks the player in place, and staggers do not work if the enemy is performing certain actions, such as melee attacking... which is what they do when you're in range to use Paralysis.

If you want a cheap finisher opener, infuse Desiccation. It's slightly more expensive, but actually works, and provides some healing over time.

Another problem with Valkyr is that Warcry is a bad ability for your team mates. Because the armor allies receive is multiplying their base armor, the buff is only useful for frames with higher base armor, and those are the frames who don't need help surviving. The melee attack speed tends to be way too fast when combined with their melee mods, which makes performing combos hard as you have to button mash the melee button even faster. This can cause strain or actually damage your controller/keyboard, so it's better to just not melee when you get that buff.

Ripline just needs its pull strengths and mometum kill reversed (pull valkyr to place without momentum kill, enemy momentum killed so that it lands infront of her)
Paralysis could use a tweak (or even made its augment part of it baseline but without the knockdown/be given a a soft slow lingering grouping effect after the finisher opener with a new hard taunt augment), but is fine if you aren't crippling its range which is a personal choice.

Really its hysteria tho that needs to be fixed. Made a true berserk instead of cowardice encouraging ability. Turn it into a invul form of A2 Berserk.

hace 9 horas, maycne.sonahoz dijo:

I concur it's not quite practical when targeting enemies though.

That's an issue about those frames/players, not Valkyr.

What i'm trying to say is that compared to other warframes the abilities are too weak she is not at the same level of contribution, because i got good mods too with her and i can't help too much because everyone is already dead and yeah it's true, with rip line i can make some races with the team to see who gets faster to the objective or extraction at least it's fun but come on she really needs the rework. 

hace 3 horas, Andele3025 dijo:

Ripline just needs its pull strengths and mometum kill reversed (pull valkyr to place without momentum kill, enemy momentum killed so that it lands infront of her)
Paralysis could use a tweak (or even made its augment part of it baseline but without the knockdown/be given a a soft slow lingering grouping effect after the finisher opener with a new hard taunt augment), but is fine if you aren't crippling its range which is a personal choice.

Really its hysteria tho that needs to be fixed. Made a true berserk instead of cowardice encouraging ability. Turn it into a invul form of A2 Berserk.

Yeah that's true i like the idea hysteria is kind of emergency button, after all what she needs is some little buffs and rework in some abilities.

FWIW, my ideas for Ripline:

Have the mobility function be a lot snappier, i.e. have a much stronger pull that doesn't stop (possibly less than) halfway through.
[Or, in a perfect world, you would copy the good examples of swinging found in certain Spider-Man games, heh.]
Reduce the cost when used on terrain to 10, when used on enemies (i.e. you jump right on top of them)
you get a forced finisher attack (or just the damage of one if the enemy isn't susceptible to those / in a weird position).

Holding the button enters a Blade Storm-esque targeting mode, which can mark up to 5 enemies
(limited so Mag doesn't get too jealous lol) for ... let's say 10 Energy each,
upon release have them get pulled towards Valk at (high) speeds that make them all reach her at the same time,
which is right when they are greeted by an automatic (claw version of a) clothesline style heavy attack.

On 2021-05-18 at 10:41 AM, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

The problem is how bad the ability feels as a mobility tool. You barely gain any momentum and you stop halfway through the grapple. There's also the issue of tighter maps, which make Ripline essentially useless, since trying to grapple through a hallway just brings you a short distance before hitting the floor.

With a little practice it becomes great. Mainly using it either as a second bullet jump, pseudo flight or as a slingshot - it'll add to your existing momentum.  Although being able to hold the ability so you can release exactly when you want like Titanfall's grapple would be a nice change.

• 4 months later...

I'd say Vakyr is really great tank. She is one of very few frames that can get 90% DR from armor alone, or at least incredibly close to it (armor to dr formula is kinda whack). She lacks shields (I mean she have some but pretty crap capacity) so lack of gating makes her take more hits on health. My solution to this was using adrenaline or rage mods which converts damage done to health to energy. Shield break is pretty crap ability in general so in order to stay healthy I replaced it with Revenant's Rave. Works like a charm. She can quickly fully heal as long as she got energy, but to kill her you have to damage health which gives her energy she can use to fully heal. It is infinite loop of damage and healing. Also about Ripline, that skill alone makes her incedibly mobile, you can traver incredibly fast if utilized properly. Ripline isnt offensive skill, more of mobility skill with mildly offensive utility

TL;DR Valkyr is great, jusr replace shield break with something more healing. Ripline is good for your best spiderman impression, travel in style.

On 2021-05-18 at 4:41 PM, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

They should try to make the momentum scale with the length of rip line. Would fix both problem 

Archived