Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Moa have access to Sentinels Mods like they do eachothers? Do each Moa per the Heads have advantages?

DreadgeNought

So as we know,  When you make each of the Moa per the heads you gain their  Precepts  mods and that you can mix any 2 of them.

Question in my mind I have is that if each head has any advantages of their own like an affinity for their own mods precepts that boost their performances?
So if using a Hacker moa that hacking takes less time to cooldown and if can hack bots without needing to hack local consoles for a chance proc.
And the ''kicker'' bot maybe gains additional attack power/speed with more radius....,   or stuff.

Also,  if that a moa should use the "Sacrifice" mod as with Sentinel bots?

For that question,  if a Moa could use 1 or 2 of the mods from Sentinels if that would be fun?  It maybe nice if could use 2 of theirs and 2 of the Sentinels. 
So one could bring Looter and Sacrifice with a kicking hacker, lol... or such.   Moa are nice but being able to do more stuff would be fun.

Perhaps in kind each Moa maybe again could have affinities for Sentinel Mods like say let the  Defense Head use Sacrifice to revive an allied WF or its Owner without going into Bleedout,  but left on 1HP instead.   The Attacker Bot could have a boost to Guns Damage,  Kicker maybe is more sure footed,  and Hacker have some innate bots disruptions if close to them or during fights.....   Just something for the future as we go along. 

Or again,  to simply be able to hold more slots for Precepts say +2 more  Eximus Slots  that let them use additional Precepts be they Moa or Sentinels....  Thoughts?

dunno about all that, but MOAs definitely need looking at, they're just as useless in high levels as most other companions. 

I would have much preferred a truly modular Proxy system where you weren't just restricted to MOAs, but could also have Heavy MOA/Bursa units, Hyenas, Ospreys and maybe even those tiny Ratels, each with their own pros and cons: example:

Bursa Companion: ( can Use MOA mods)

+ Extremely durable, able to block most damage from the front, High armor values.

+ wide array of firepower: guns, grenades, mines etc.

- slow movement, can be outflanked by faster opponents like Manics

- better suited to defensive engagements.

Hyena companion: (can use Companion mods)

+ agile, able to attack on walls and dodge attacks

+ rapid fire weapons, AoE abilities.

- less durable than Bursas

Osprey Companion: (can use Sentinel mods)

+ focus on utility and Supporting Tenno, provide heavy overshields

+ long range firepower, can evade attacks

- stays close to Tenno, vulnerable to AoEs just like Sentinels.

- fragile: low health and armour values.

Ratel Companion: (could have own mods)

+ can be deployed using a Ratel Pad, multiple Ratels active at once.

+ can swarm enemies, strength in numbers.

- individual Ratels are easy to kill; minimal health and armour

- limited utility/abilities, mainly intended for invading rooms to engage enemies/ draw agro.

hopefully we might see some interesting stuff with these new Queenpin hounds. 

22 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

dunno about all that, but MOAs definitely need looking at, they're just as useless in high levels as most other companions. 

I would have much preferred a truly modular Proxy system where you weren't just restricted to MOAs, but could also have Heavy MOA/Bursa units, Hyenas, Ospreys and maybe even those tiny Ratels, each with their own pros and cons: example:

+ Extremely durable, able to block most damage from the front, High armor values.

- limited utility/abilities, mainly intended for invading rooms to engage enemies/ draw agro.

This.   I like this.   Like, yes. . .   Having more "Heavy at a price to make" things would be fun af...    Like,  now we can make Primary AND Secondary Kitguns.

Innately  "Primary"  kitguns are less good than Secondary normal ones in a lot of ways until one gets a riven.
BUT  with the right stuff  Grattler , and Kitguns , get so much more stronk  if you get the best sets for things.,

Something like that stuff for  Heavy Moa / Bursa units, it would be nice.   So like they have more durability 
but are not as mobile in some ways or have reservations like how MOA do vs  Kubrow/Kavatts as  'pets' companions. 

Beasts pets warp to you when you use Masters Summons and they keep up with you closer....   while Moa hang back more and don't get moved.
So yee. . .  like, similar stuff perhaps where they are better at some stuff on offense or such and don't  fkkking  dies  as easy;
but are   MUCH   more pricy to get like how  Necramechs are costly to get and make and max but are    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNED  powerful.,  especially depending on how are used.    Voidrig needs a lot of babysitting support from specific mods   *(that need to be buyable from LOID)*  

By contrast  Bonewidow is  very  durable but its sword while a cut above for CQC fights on the move + Shield,  is fun. . .   That again, the Rig's big's power is so great to make it worth it to have one on a team for Orphix missions and hunting Eidolons.  While  Bonewidow are very good in "normal" missions things.

I could see it as very nice having such kinds of  "Elite"  Moa-Bursa  .  .  .   in a way that makes sense.
Having like said  Offense /  Defense /  Support  Heavy-Moa  "Bursa" would be cools,  and especially if were a 2nd Companion,
that one could have along like how we have different vehicles for stuff.    We could therefore have both a Sentinel Supporter to we can sacrifice for a free revive along with scanning stuff for us while alive,  etc,  and then a Beast / Pet Companion per the  Heavy Bursa/MOA  thing,  such maybe in Khora's case ya still only get 1 'main' companion. . .   who knows.

Thoughts on having it be where you cannot use it  AND  a beast/pet,  but can use one and a Sentinel both? 
Perhaps making it where all  WF  can like Khora have both a  Beast or MOA  "Pet" Companion   AND   a Sentinel . . .    who knows. 

But itd be fun.   ^_^

22 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

To add something else per that....................  to forget a 2nd quotation use;

So maybe we could have it where  Bursa/Moa/Beasts  "Pets"  can be used + a Sentinel . . .

and likewise,  we could use a  Osprey  in place of a Sentinel but not an Osprey + a Bursa.,  

So we could use  Moa and Sentinels  or  Sentinels + Beasts,  or  Osprey + Pets that are not  Bursa. ?
How would you think is best to do this sort of thing.,  considering we can just throw out  Osprey Shield Spectors.

Same thing though,  we can toss out  MOA  Spectors. 

So maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have an  Osprey Companion Option from someone working with  LEGS  called  ARMS?   :3

Sounds good to me

I might actually have a Reason to use a Moa if they could use all Sentinel Precepts universally.

They're already modular mix N match, so thematically it fits.

I want Ammo Case on mine, Boston Dynamics BigDog pack mule Moa. maybe for once I'll use a companion that's not Carrier.

Also while you're at it, let Moa use Deconstructor, because its one of the few companion weapons that is actually decent and having a relevant companion would be nice.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Sounds good to me

I might actually have a Reason to use a Moa if they could use all Sentinel Precepts universally.

They're already modular mix N match, so thematically it fits.

I want Ammo Case on mine, Boston Dynamics BigDog pack mule Moa. maybe for once I'll use a companion that's not Carrier.

Also while you're at it, let Moa use Deconstructor, because its one of the few companion weapons that is actually decent and having a relevant companion would be nice.

I like the way you think.  :D 

Archived