Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potential Combo-based build with Xoris

Brinstar7777

3 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

The Xoris stopped being OP when DE nerfed potential combinations. It's just adecent weapon now as exploding the Xoris still consumes all your counter

THe only thing they nerfed was the posibillity of being used as stat stick for frames, nothing more. It always consumed your combo with the explosion.

6 hours ago, smashedwookie said:

Thats what the volatile mods are for, allow to keep the combo and let the glaive give an explosion on impact.

3 hours ago, Guybrush88 said:

Xoris with Volatile Rebound+bloodrush+weeping wounds is a fun build,

Glaives with combo builds are bugged. At least my Pathocyst is. The respective mods (Bloodrush and Weeping Wounds) frequently stop applying their buff for no apparent reason, the only way to get them back is to reset and rebuild your combo. Sadly completely unplayable in my experience.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Glaives with combo builds are bugged. At least my Pathocyst is. The respective mods (Bloodrush and Weeping Wounds) frequently stop applying their buff for no apparent reason, the only way to get them back is to reset and rebuild your combo. Sadly completely unplayable in my experience.

Yeah i have been having issue since the last two hotfixes with bloodrush and gladiator set buff dropping randomly. Was fine before that.

18 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

Yeah i have been having issue since the last two hotfixes with bloodrush and gladiator set buff dropping randomly. Was fine before that.

I only use Bloodrush+weeping wounds with Xoris and have not noticed any issues

Other glaives like pathocyst and glaive prime I just build for heavy attack

Heavy Attack doesn't have to consume your entire combo. There are mods (Reflex Coil, Focus Energy) and even a Zenurik node Inner Might that will prevent you from losing all of your combo on Heavy Attack. You'll have to interleave normal Glaive throws (build the combo) with some manual detonations (Heavy Attack) to effectively use high combo counts.

I must emphasize that the explosions from Volatile mods are not the same as the Heavy Attack explosion and may not even provide any forced proc. For example, Xoris' explosions from Volatile mods do not force an Electricity proc while manual detonations do. Similar for Pathocyst... Volatile explosions do not force a Viral proc while manual detonations do. Glaive Prime and Falcor are notable exceptions... normal throws always force a Slash or Electricity proc.

4 hours ago, nslay said:

I must emphasize that the explosions from Volatile mods are not the same as the Heavy Attack explosion and may not even provide any forced proc. For example, Xoris' explosions from Volatile mods do not force an Electricity proc while manual detonations do. Similar for Pathocyst... Volatile explosions do not force a Viral proc while manual detonations do. Glaive Prime and Falcor are notable exceptions... normal throws always force a Slash or Electricity proc.

You are right that they don't force those proc, but at the same time they also don't consume the combo multiplier. So on the Xoris, Bloodrush and Gladiator proc (from helios) will stay active, bug pending. 

Archived