Matchmaking Help

(XBOX)HollowCube987

Question

I am an Xbox player, so I don't know if this exists on just PC or if it even exists at all. But having any answer would do me better than having no answer.

When you start up a mission on Public, I'm not sure if it's possible to start the mission as the host, and other people can join you later. Think of something like Railjack matchmaking where you have the choice to start your own game lobby regardless of if there are other available lobbies in public or not

Is there something on the normal starchart that I can do so that I can start public missions as the host, or does Public matchmaking do whatever it wants and I just have to deal with it?

2 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)HollowCube987 said:

or does Public matchmaking do whatever it wants and I just have to deal with it?

This. Which should also be true to RJ as I read a couple of times in the forums now.

Usually you are being put into an open group if there is any. If there isn't you are the host of a new one. I'm not sure how it is when you have a bad connection but I have seen it often enough that even with 20 open Squads to be the Host of a new one.

Closest pc can get is changing the ping that you find is acceptable for match making. Base is 300. Idk if console has that option tho. 

They also took away the ability to choose (by where you launch the mission) if you fly your railjack or not in tempestrati shrug

Archived