Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros 2.0 - Ruler of the Desert

WarspitePOWAAAAH

I have done a similar Inaros rework in the past and figure out I would clean up some stuff a bit, for those who haven't read my past builds :
Inaros is a problematic frame, I would say he is the only frame that discourages you from using his abilities at all, 3 of his abilities drastically hinders your mobility, most of them are absolutely pathetic and worst part is some abilities doesn't even let your teammates do work. Inaros 2.0 introduces a new mechanic to him - to turn the battlefield into a desert, your playground.

Being the ruler of the sands, Inaros's abilities interacts with the sand in various ways, the more you have managed to convert the battlefield, the more control you have over the entire map, and the more powerful you become. General changes have been made to drastically improve his flow by reducing time spent idle and increasing his mobility. With these new tools, no fortresses or mortals can escape the grasp of Inaros and his underworld kingdom.

In order to make things easier to explain, we will begin with his new 2nd ability of all - Duat's Gate

----------------------

NEW 2ND ABILITY : DUAT'S GATE (15% max HP)

Spoiler

Inaros slams the ground, converting nearby grounds and creating a patch of fine sand, and converts pre-existing sand patches in range into quicksand patches, casting on quicksand patches summons multiple sand patches outside of its radius. Increases all damage Inaros deals, and his allies' weapon damage when they are standing on top of any sand.

Sand patches slows down enemies, while quicksand patches captures a certain amount of enemies by drowning them, dealing minimal finisher damage/s. Merges with nearby patches of the same type to grow in size. Part of the captured enemies' body will still be exposed, allowing Inaros and other teammates to kill them with weapons.

Author's Notes :

Spoiler

Quicksand patches are immune to nullifier dispels, however normal ones will be removed upon contact with a nullifier buble.

----------------------

PASSIVE : EMPEROR

Spoiler

Enemies killed with Inaros's abilities, or while captured inside a quicksand patch turns into sand clone to temporarily fight for Inaros after death. Clones dissolve into a patch of sand upon dying or expiring, or while standing on top of a sand patch infuses it with their vengeful spirit, turning it into a quicksand patch. Clones benefit from the weapon damage buff of Duat's Gate.

Upon dying, Inaros enters a sarcophagus, all nearby clones will rush to Inaros's location, sacrificing their health to resurrect Inaros. Inaros also rapidly drains the health of any enemy caught in quicksand to revive himself.

Author's Notes :

Spoiler

The original % heal on finisher kills has also been removed. With health becoming his new resource of casting abilities, this also act as an indirect nerf to his survivability.

------------------------

NEW(SOMEWHAT) 1ST : SETHIS WIND (15% max HP)

Spoiler

Tap blinds enemies in front for melee finishers, hold to knockdown enemies in front, and pull them in front of Inaros for ground finishers. Damage over time from this ability no longer heals Inaros.

Sand Interactions

Spoiler

Tap initiates a crushing tide of sand on (quick)sand patches in front, traveling forward and along adjacent (quick)sand patches crush enemies, the sandwave expands in width as it travels outward and ends when it reaches the end of a (quick)sand patch with no adjacent patches. The sandwave deals finisher damage, knocks down and pushes enemies away. Deals greatly increased damage to enemies caught in quicksand.

Hold reverses the process by shifting the sand in front, pulling enemies on top of sand patches towards the point of casting for extended period of time. Rapidly drains the health of enemies in front that are caught in quicksand to heal Inaros.

------------------------

3RD : SANDSTORM (1% max HP/0.25s)

Changes

Spoiler

Changed to behave similarly to Cloud Walker, Inaros turns into a swirling tornado of sand, moving around freely at incredible speeds. Shields nearby allies while Sandstorm is active, providing them with damage reduction.

Enemies ragdolled are pulled towards Inaros with a much stronger force, allowing Inaros to gather hordes of enemies with this ability. Enemies at the outer edge of this ability's range are only staggered continuously, only enemies within close proximity of Inaros are ragdolled and pulled.

Sand interactions

Spoiler

Rapidly leeches off the life essence of nearby enemies caught in quicksand, quickly draining their life to heal Inaros, dealing % amount of finisher damage/0.25s.

Other interactions

Spoiler

Casting Sethis Wind while Sandstorm is active ends the ability in a radial form of Sethis Wind, while also dragging sand patches in rage towards or away from Inaros based on tap/hold casting, creating a trail of sand patches as they are dragged by the ability.

Author's notes :

Spoiler

New sand patches created by dragging them can immediately interact with the radial Sethis Wind cast, be it the expanding, crushing sand wave or the shifting sand that pulls enemies towards the point of casting.

------------------------

4TH : SCARAB SWARM (-)

Changes

Spoiler

Drains 2% of max HP for every 1% of the buff generated, the casting portion drains no health.

Drains 1 HP/0.25s instead of 2% when charging with 100% Scarab Armor buff, as simply charging can also trigger the affects mentioned below.

Scarab Armor

Spoiler

Inaros's eye glows while charging up the Scarab Armor buff, grasping at all nearby enemies standing atop his sacred desert. While charging, nearby sand patches shifts and trembles similar to how it interacts with Sethis Wind, tripping enemies and bringing them towards Inaros. Quicksand patches are dragged towards Inaros when he is charging, bringing with it any trapped victim for Inaros to leech off while leaving a trail of quicksand.

While charging, Inaros rapidly drains the life essence out of enemies close to him. For each enemy within close proximity, the charge rate of Scarab Armor is increased at no extra health cost. Enemies killed by Inaros completely draining their life forces provides a significant amount of charge to Scarab Armor.

Authot's notes :

Spoiler

Inaros's 4th takes forever to charge, and you pretty much never touch the ability again for the rest of the mission unless you are using the augment. These additions gives Inaros means to charge up his buff super quickly, as well as being able to use it to reposition sand patches and herd enemies after fully charged.

Scarab Swarm

Spoiler

Tap to drain 25% of the Scarab Armor buff, unleashing a devastating attack.

Inaros levitates briefly to summon a insect swarm annihilation, all (quick)sand patches nearby explode violently as hordes of scarabs are released from the underworld, dealing a large amount of damage to enemies caught in it and within close proximity of the (quick)sand patches. Each detonated (quick)sand patch releases multiple scarab swarms as seeking projectiles, seeking out enemies to damage them, healing all allies nearby and chip away at their armor with each damage tick. Larger patches releases even more swarms.

Covers any surviving enemies in sand, slowing them down and causing them to covert nearby grounds upon death much like Inaros's sand minions. Sand patches are removed after being detonated, and quicksand patches are reverted to normal ones. Both the explosion and the scarab damage over time reduces enemy armor, and swarms will prioritize enemies that haven't been targeted by other swarms yet.

Author's notes :

Spoiler

Swarms now actively seeks out enemies to chew on instead of hoping that some enemy will go near the initial target and spread it. It also gives Inaros an offensive tool to utilize his normally defensive sand patches.

Other interactions

Spoiler

Casting Sandstorm while Scarab Armor is active releases seeking scarab swarms every few seconds, at no additional cost of the buff.

Inaros's sand minions can also very much help him in the process of charging his Scarab Armor, by sacrificing their soul, this will not trigger their sand conversion upon death.

------------------------

AUGMENTS

1ST : SETH

Spoiler

Sethis Wind augment - Hitting sand minions with Sethis Wind creates a trail of sand patches going towards or away from Inaros, depending on the form of ability used. 

2ND : APOPHIS

Spoiler

Duat's Gate augment - Hold down the ability to create a single quicksand patch, summoning a giant serpent, slithering towards Inaros's reticle and swallowing enemies caught in its wake. Upon expiring or recasting while active sees the serpent burrow back into the ground, creating another quicksand patch at its location and trapping all swallowed enemies in it.

3RD : SHU

Spoiler

Sandstorm augment - Upon deactivating Sandstorm, sends out multiple smaller sand tornadoes in all directions, pursuing enemies for a period of time while they leave behind a trail of sand patches in their wake. +30% Sandstorm speed.

4TH : OSIRIS

Spoiler

Scarab Storm augment - When Scarab Armor is active, consumes 5% of its charge every time Inaros is inflicted with a status effect, negating said effects and summons a sand minion of the attacker by his side. Extends mummified demon hands from underneath nearby quicksand patches to capture enemies outside of the pulling range when charging up, draining their health to boost Inaros's charge rate, even if they are outside of his radius.

--------------

Quick question. Why did you decide to put a% hp cost on skills, instead of respecting the logic of energy?

I have nothing against using HP to fuel abilities, but Inaros is not a vampire, although 3 out of 4 abilities have an innate vampiric ability. Personally I would find it more logical to adopt this strategy on a vampire-themed warframe, as well as on a warframe with less HP than Inaros, since it does not struggle to go beyond 8k, making the skills free.

16 hours ago, Enderman20 said:

Quick question. Why did you decide to put a% hp cost on skills, instead of respecting the logic of energy?

I have nothing against using HP to fuel abilities, but Inaros is not a vampire, although 3 out of 4 abilities have an innate vampiric ability. Personally I would find it more logical to adopt this strategy on a vampire-themed warframe, as well as on a warframe with less HP than Inaros, since it does not struggle to go beyond 8k, making the skills free.

The costs of abilities are based on the current max HP, I dont get how going for 8k+ health makes the skills free, as they consume a % amount of max health that Inaros currently has, similar to Garuda's 3rd, you wont lose less health in terms of % if you have full umbral set equipped than say a 300 health Garuda, let's say you have exactly 8k health with 100% efficiency, then casting 1st consumes 1200 health; If you have 5000 health, then casting 1st costs 750 health, seeing his 1st has a cost of 15% of max HP.

This combined with the removal of % heal on finishers acts as an indirect nerf to Inaros's survivability, as I do not want to touch his stats as it is right now. It also makes gives him the reason to use all the heals in his kit. However, it is worth mentioning that this is not originally my idea, and someone suggested it in my old post a while back and I thought it would be an appropriate way to address the issue that is Inaros's survivability.

44 minutes ago, WarspitePOWAAAAH said:

The costs of abilities are based on the current max HP, I dont get how going for 8k+ health makes the skills free, as they consume a % amount of max health that Inaros currently has, similar to Garuda's 3rd, you wont lose less health in terms of % if you have full umbral set equipped than say a 300 health Garuda, let's say you have exactly 8k health with 100% efficiency, then casting 1st consumes 1200 health; If you have 5000 health, then casting 1st costs 750 health, seeing his 1st has a cost of 15% of max HP.

This combined with the removal of % heal on finishers acts as an indirect nerf to Inaros's survivability, as I do not want to touch his stats as it is right now. It also makes gives him the reason to use all the heals in his kit. However, it is worth mentioning that this is not originally my idea, and someone suggested it in my old post a while back and I thought it would be an appropriate way to address the issue that is Inaros's survivability

It's actually not a great nerf. Already the 4a of inaros needs some of its hp to be loaded, and it can recover them in a few tenths of a second. A decent inaros player (and I tell you this from main inaros) will usually use rage on him, to have an infinite supply of energy, and putting skills with a cost in% hp, would render rage useless, and allow the addition of any mod (for example, skill range), which will allow him to recover life even faster, since it could involve more enemies, so at the end of 1 second to restore the whole life bar, it would take 0.7. the fact that with 8 + k hp the skills are free, is linked to his favorite arcane, or arcane grace (if so called), which is the one that regenerates you x% hp every second, and even if only one is mounted, it is enough to regenerate all the HP lost to the skill, and that effect combined with the skills, will make io your neef useless.But then why do you want to nerf the stamina of inaros, which has hurt you?

9 hours ago, Enderman20 said:

It's actually not a great nerf. Already the 4a of inaros needs some of its hp to be loaded, and it can recover them in a few tenths of a second. A decent inaros player (and I tell you this from main inaros) will usually use rage on him, to have an infinite supply of energy, and putting skills with a cost in% hp, would render rage useless, and allow the addition of any mod (for example, skill range), which will allow him to recover life even faster, since it could involve more enemies, so at the end of 1 second to restore the whole life bar, it would take 0.7. the fact that with 8 + k hp the skills are free, is linked to his favorite arcane, or arcane grace (if so called), which is the one that regenerates you x% hp every second, and even if only one is mounted, it is enough to regenerate all the HP lost to the skill, and that effect combined with the skills, will make io your neef useless.But then why do you want to nerf the stamina of inaros, which has hurt you?

I dont really see a point of running rage/adrenaline on Inaros because you barely ever use your abilities.

To charge up the entirety of his 4th up with no additional help, Inaros (this version) requires his health completely drained twice over. Most of his abilities requires setting up sand patches before their true potentials kicks in, and healing is part of that. To set up, you will need additional health cost, and once again the amount of health you have doesnt let you cast abilities more frequently, as they drain in %s, not amounts. It doesn't matter if you have 8k health or 200 health, 6 casts with 100% efficiency on either 1st or 2nd will leave you at 10% health. Your abilities drain in %s, but heals in amounts, with maybe some exceptions.

And now that I have thought about it, it actually makes a low health Inaros more ideal when you are opting for a caster role, your abilities drains less health and you heal up faster in terms of %. It opens up some more build varieties as Inaros really has nothing to builld for as he currently stands for. The reason why I decided to nerf the raw survivability is honestly a question that I never thought I would need to answer, the Inaros we have right now uses his extreme survivability to cover up for the fact that his abilities are pathetic, if you are going to fix the ability part, then clearly the survivability of his should not remain as idiot-proof as it is right now.

Archived