Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Prime

Breezer88

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I feel "bland and generic" goes to Frost Prime, Mag Prime and Excalibur Prime. Gara Prime looks incredibly detailed and unique.

True, I was judging her up against the more recent designs. Most of the old ones are generic simply because they hadn't really started doing the really interesting designs at that point. When compared to say the last 10 primes she looks a little bland and generic.

6 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Not a huge fan of Gara's design itself, feels a little bland and generic. The weapons on the other hand look fantastic.

I'm personally okay with a step back from time to time. Heck, I'd even be okay with getting my butt kicked by a frame wearing a traditional Kimono if done properly. Hahaa. This is the beauty of WF if you ask me. You can cause players to have seizures with bright color frames or go simple with classic designs. A look and style for everyone hopefully without disenfranchising people. Sadly though I've come across players who take time out in the middle of a sortie to berate people for having a "boring" frame. Me being one of them. Sorry I suffer from tonic-clonic seizures from photosensitivity... Strange, but we play on for the love of the game.

Is it sad that I'm actually more happy that Wukong's relics are finally getting out of the rotation?

Seriously, I have a disgusting amount of Wukong related relics...and I never did get all of the old Chroma ones cracked either.

10 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

True, I was judging her up against the more recent designs. Most of the old ones are generic simply because they hadn't really started doing the really interesting designs at that point. When compared to say the last 10 primes she looks a little bland and generic.

To each their own. I rather have a Gara Prime type aesthetic than Ivara Prime again.

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

To each their own. I rather have a Gara Prime type aesthetic than Ivara Prime again.

I prefer the more elaborate alternate prime designs, if I wanted to look like default Ivara I'd use her skin since I have that option. I quite enjoy Ivara prime's appearance. 😄

"Wake the f*** up, Samurai, we have a system to farm."

A little disappointed they didn't prime all three of her signature weapons, but at least they primed the obvious ones. Overall, looking forward to getting her. Base Gara was brand new when I started playing Warframe, and she remains a very useful frame for me.

Anyway, bye bye Wukong Prime. I'll remember you as the prime frame that weirdly likes to drop on me on my ad hoc runs. I'm now sitting on 13 sets I'm in no hurry to sell.

Gara herself looks OK, but I still think I prefer her Zamariu skin for the Samurai vibes. I was curious what they'd do to "prime" her glass, looks like it's just gonna be blue, because Orokin like blue stuff too I guess. 

Astilla Prime, relatively goofy looking but Astilla is a very fun shotgun so I don't really mind. Cedo turned out goofy too (bullpup with drum mag, like lolwut?) and that's probably the best shotgun in the game now. I hope the prime gets a higher reserve ammo capacity though, it's one of the only drawbacks to the Vanilla Astilla.

Volnus Prime, to me the Volnus will always be an axe more than a hammer. sure it uses hammer stances but it isn't even trying to look like it's remotely blunt, and it even deals slash damage. that said, the prime one does look really neat, I like how they added some gold filigree on the glass to act as spikes. 

Fusilai Prime didn't even make the cut, as I predicted. RIP fans of throwing knives. 

8 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

"Wake the f*** up, Samurai, we have a system to farm."

A little disappointed they didn't prime all three of her signature weapons, but at least they primed the obvious ones. Overall, looking forward to getting her. Base Gara was brand new when I started playing Warframe, and she remains a very useful frame for me.

Anyway, bye bye Wukong Prime. I'll remember you as the prime frame that weirdly likes to drop on me on my ad hoc runs. I'm now sitting on 13 sets I'm in no hurry to sell.

With how popular Wukong is for people who want to play WF without playing WF, you sit on them for a while and you will probably have a stack worth a whole lot of plat. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Gara herself looks OK, but I still think I prefer her Zamariu skin for the Samurai vibes.

My guess as to why they designed Gara Prime as a samurai/shogun is because the original (normal) Gara protected the Unum, in an honorbound manner. The Lotus ordered the rest of the Tenno to retreat from the Unum too, yet Gara decided to stay to protect the Unum.

1 hour ago, EnwoQ said:

I hope astilla prime or volnus prime are good otherwise for me they're just mr

Both weapons as their normal counterparts are already strong. It's not surprising that they're badly overshadowed by things like the Acceltra or Kuva Nukor.

On track. It's an aversion to Prime Warframes like Octavia, Nezha, and Titania. The three mentioned didn't have overcomplicated designs, but it was an update/improvement to their original body model. Gara Prime's identity was likely inspired by Gara's Tennogen. Unlike Ivara Prime, Gara Prime is received more positively along with the better detailing (particularly the glass shards on Gara Prime and her weapons) as a result.

Archived