Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it worth Primed Warframes bringing more than two weapons (or one weapon and a sentinel) in the future?

Zahnny

I'm probably gonna get some people angry at me for making a suggestion that would require that they farm even more weapon parts per prime warframe, if that's the case well. I don't want to seem like a jerk, but that's not really a concern of mine. And I've only ever farmed for prime items that weren't accessories. I wouldn't mind the extra grind.

I bring this up because I've been talking to a friend about Gara Primes recent news, and this is the second Prime Warframe in a row to come with its signature weapons (or release bundle weapons that don't count as signatures for all warframes for some reason.)

Octavia P came with her signatures.

Gara P is coming with her signatures.

And in a thread I posted in here.

I pointed out how with Nidus Prime upcoming in either 3 or 6 months that DE have an excuse to make some Infested Prime weapons, I'm personally quite interested to see what such a thing would look like if they were made, of course there's no garuntee. But if we're following this same trend, Hirudo and Hema were Nidus's release bundle weapons.

Anyway, my friend mentioned how Djinn could be a possible prime candidate with Nidus Prime, and while I won't deny a Djinn Prime would look cool, I'm going to be kinda bummed out if Nidus Prime's weapons simply amount to Djinn Prime and Gazal Machete Prime (because they have a synergy combo together).

So, in the event that does happen, would it be too unreasonable for DE to consider dropping more than two farmable Prime items (not counting the Warframe) with a Prime Access release? Or is that asking too much?

I think the frame/weapon/sentinel amount is somewhat fixed due to their relic destribution. 3 prime items per PA makes for easier vault rotation when stuff goes in and out. If they start mixing things up now it might get a little messy or they have to unvault more stuff at the same time (which wouldn't be bad seeing how large the prime pool already is). 

I'd really depends on what the design of Nidus will be, I think. In a way, they could do a Hirudo Prime if they find a design and explanation/lore that fits in, but I think we can all agree that Nidus is a very unique case, just like Xaku or Revenant. Will they do the same "mistake" (imho) as Valkyr Prime and make it based off of the ripped appart, lab experiment concept that is the base version? Who knows. We can only hope for the best.

(Also, sidenote : Gara Prime do be missing her signature throwing Knives, so I wouldn't personnaly mind having more than 2 weapons/equipement per PA. I'm not buying them anyway so the price could be higher I wouldn't give an F. The one thing I don't want tho is for every new Tenno weapon to be soem Warframe's signature, as I don't really want to use a specific frame to use a weapon to it's full potential and vise-versa)

There's a difference between release weapons and signature weapons, so keep that in mind. Astilla and Volnus actually have stats that change when Gara uses them, just like with Atlas and Tekko or Octavia and Pandero and Tenora. There isn't actually a trend for release weapons, only actual signature weapons that have implemented passives (https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Signature_Weapon). Nidus doesn't have a signature weapon, so we could have pretty much anything with him. Some Infested Primes would be really cool and I expect that's what we'll end up getting.

To your question, I guess there's no reason DE couldn't do a PA with more items though I don't know if it's particularly necessary and they seem pretty happy with the frame-and-two-items pattern they've kept up over the years.

20 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

I'd really depends on what the design of Nidus will be, I think. In a way, they could do a Hirudo Prime if they find a design and explanation/lore that fits in, but I think we can all agree that Nidus is a very unique case, just like Xaku or Revenant. Will they do the same "mistake" (imho) as Valkyr Prime and make it based off of the ripped appart, lab experiment concept that is the base version? Who knows. We can only hope for the best.

Valkyr always pissed off, Berserker theme, regular version is just more angry. Her design is a mixture of her deluxe and regular version they can't make it completely deluxe cause that would mean using the different body model of deluxe which means no prime accessories option for tennogen.

As for the other ones just slap golden armor on them, since revenant is sentient themed he might not have gold and just look cleaner

I always imagine that Nidus Prime would look like some monstrosity caged inside an Orokin shackle

and as mutation goes up the shackles will gradually break.

I think the prime weapons can go with the same idea, just like what they did with mutalist corpus weapons

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I pointed out how with Nidus Prime upcoming in either 3 or 6 months that DE have an excuse to make some Infested Prime weapons, I'm personally quite interested to see what such a thing would look like if they were made, of course there's no guarantee.

That would be pretty neat, I think :)

I've been wondering about a hypothetical Lesion Prime myself, but some of the Fish in the cambion Drift could be an example to draw from, for Prime-Infested things:

The Ostimyr for example:

ostimyr_warframe_forum_image.png

Half Orokin, half infested. Of course Nidus Prime could even resemble the older (I think?) blue-colors of the Infested Orokin Derelict tileset, if not regular infested. But at least regarding weapons such as the Lesion getting primed, that fish crossed my mind. I don't know if the Lesion Prime or a Hirudo prime would keep their passive effects or not, but that would be good too.

I haven't yet started the quest for Nidus, so I'm not too informed on his Lore (I didn't want spoilers, so I haven't looked up that quest directly) in regards to how he could be Primed, logically speaking. But I'm guessing that there could be a version similar to him made by the Orokin that existed around the same time back in the day, but was just not relevant to the Nidus in that quest.

• Not to go off-topic, but I had similar theories for other eventual Prime Frames;
    Spoiler

Just hypothetically speaking:

• Perhaps Protea Prime also existed around the same time / after the Protea we know came to be; Hidden by the Orokin from Parvos, because he very likely would've settled for nothing less than the best.

• Seeing Gara Prime not too long ago today, a similar theory could be applied to her as with Nidus (But it would be much better if more Lore entries could be added in-game to explain the backgrounds of more prime frames!);

• Gara Prime existing at the same time as the Gara who defeated the massive Sentient being, but was not relevant to her situation.

• I thought of how that could work for Sevagoth, but I don't know if that'll make sense for his situation. No idea where to draw from for a Sevagoth Prime, other than the Void off the top of my head.

• Xaku Prime, I'm not entirely sure how to explain them. I briefly thought of whether the Entrati know more of the backstory of Xaku, in case primed versions of the Warframes that make up Xaku fell to a similar fate as their non-Primed counterparts, but that would be a bit too unlikely of a circumstance.

• Alternatively, I wondered if they knew the process of making an original Xaku Prime, or not.

That's all I can think of for now, at any rate.

It's certainly food for thought, if nothing else :)

46 minutes ago, FURYDANCE said:

I always imagine that Nidus Prime would look like some monstrosity caged inside an Orokin shackle

and as mutation goes up the shackles will gradually break.

I think the prime weapons can go with the same idea, just like what they did with mutalist corpus weapons

Is Nidus an Orokin creation though? I thought not. So if he is not, then why would there be a prime version? Not 100% about his origins, but prime versions are orokin originals. If he's not of Orikin make then there should be no prime. Maybe Umbra?

18 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Is Nidus an Orokin creation though? I thought not. So if he is not, then why would there be a prime version? Not 100% about his origins, but prime versions are orokin originals. If he's not of Orikin make then there should be no prime. Maybe Umbra?

iirc, DE were under a legal contract with Leyou (assumingly now Tencent) to make Prime Access roughly every 3 months. You can probably debate what comes with primes, but as far as the Warframes themselves are concerned, they will all be Primed one day, regardless of lore.

I know it sucks from a lore perspective, but it is what it is.

4 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

iirc, DE were under a legal contract with Leyou (assumingly now Tencent) to make Prime Access roughly every 3 months. You can probably debate what comes with primes, but as far as the Warframes themselves are concerned, they will all be Primed one day, regardless of lore.

I know it sucks from a lore perspective, but it is what it is.

No wonder they're poopin out frames at the same pace... 

I mean this is unhealthy EA like conduct. Is this really true? I mean that would explain why the new war has not come out yet as well.

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

So, in the event that does happen, would it be too unreasonable for DE to consider dropping more than two farmable Prime items (not counting the Warframe) with a Prime Access release? Or is that asking too much?

if they weren't going to make the exception for Gara, who has 3 legit signature weapons, all with bonuses when used by her, then they aren't gonna do it again. they might release frames in the future with more than 2 signature weapons, but I doubt it, judging by Lavos and Sevagoth it seems DE focus more on the frame itself and just create one signature weapon for it, which is understandable.

I expected Fusilai to get dropped due to the fact that Silent & non-AoE thrown Secondaries are just not really relevant in warframe anymore. sucks for the people who like those glass knives, but there you go. maybe -if the stars align on a unicorns butthole -  DE might add a relic for Fusilai Prime to Baro later on, but if AkLex and AkVasto Prime Relics are anything to go by, you've got several years of incessant nagging to DE to do first. 

No thanks, don't want the prime part grinding to be worse than it already is now because of the increased drop table dilution. We don't want the relic drop table to be like that of Void's drop table when a Prime Vault is active do we?

1. People will always be in argument about what can be considered as "signature weapons". Some go with release dates or bundle -vanilla, primes, or both, some go with leverian, some go as loosely as design, while some stick very strictly to only in-game descriptions. Btw wiki won't help.

2. Regardless of lore -just design wise, primes absolutely can be infested. For years now we have saryn prime's design language, i haven't seen anyone complain about that. Also yeah, those deimos orokin infested fishes are also a great reference of how prime designs can be infested too.

18 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

if i am remembering correctly, the Nidus quest is hardly related to the frame itself(same goes to many frames like Mesa Atlas Mirage and sevagoth).

They are more like a MacGullfin ("A LoSt WaRfRaMe"), so nah, it didn't mention anything about whether Nidus is created by the Orokin. 

6 minutes ago, FURYDANCE said:

if i am remembering correctly, the Nidus quest is hardly related to the frame itself(same goes to many frames like Mesa Atlas Mirage and sevagoth).

They are more like a MacGullfin ("A LoSt WaRfRaMe"), so nah, it didn't mention anything about whether Nidus is created by the Orokin. 

Wiki states this:

Fair, but the Myconians aren't asking for charity. Their ancestral understanding of the Infestation comes from an Old War relic. A relic that I know, will be of extreme interest to you. Return the Triuna, and the relic will be yours. Fair compensation for the risk.

This kind of refers to Nidus being from the Old War era though. My thoughts were that the Myconians were party in creating Nidus, but perhaps this isn't the case. It's not clear who made him, but he's from the time of the Orokin at least.

2 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Wiki states this:

Fair, but the Myconians aren't asking for charity. Their ancestral understanding of the Infestation comes from an Old War relic. A relic that I know, will be of extreme interest to you. Return the Triuna, and the relic will be yours. Fair compensation for the risk.

This kind of refers to Nidus being from the Old War era though. My thoughts were that the Myconians were party in creating Nidus, but perhaps this isn't the case. It's not clear who made him, but he's from the time of the Orokin at least.

YES! that's a perfect example of a "lost warframe " and imo it says nothing about the creation of the frame, its relation with the Myconicans is just like how Gara is related to people of Cetus.

On 2021-05-18 at 12:52 PM, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Will they do the same "mistake" (imho) as Valkyr Prime and make it based off of the ripped appart, lab experiment concept that is the base version?

Very little of Valkyr Prime is actually based on that. Most of Valkyr Prime comes from Gersemi: her thighs, her ribs, her shoulder fins... The most prominent motif from "ripped apart" that also appears in Prime, is her shins

On 2021-05-18 at 1:54 PM, Zahnny said:

I'm probably gonna get some people angry at me for making a suggestion that would require that they farm even more weapon parts per prime warframe, if that's the case well. I don't want to seem like a jerk, but that's not really a concern of mine. And I've only ever farmed for prime items that weren't accessories. I wouldn't mind the extra grind.

I bring this up because I've been talking to a friend about Gara Primes recent news, and this is the second Prime Warframe in a row to come with its signature weapons (or release bundle weapons that don't count as signatures for all warframes for some reason.)

Octavia P came with her signatures.

Gara P is coming with her signatures.

And in a thread I posted in here.

I pointed out how with Nidus Prime upcoming in either 3 or 6 months that DE have an excuse to make some Infested Prime weapons, I'm personally quite interested to see what such a thing would look like if they were made, of course there's no garuntee. But if we're following this same trend, Hirudo and Hema were Nidus's release bundle weapons.

Anyway, my friend mentioned how Djinn could be a possible prime candidate with Nidus Prime, and while I won't deny a Djinn Prime would look cool, I'm going to be kinda bummed out if Nidus Prime's weapons simply amount to Djinn Prime and Gazal Machete Prime (because they have a synergy combo together).

I thought at first ya meant having Primes able to CARRY more than 2 weapons + melee......

But yee, having Primed  Djinn + Melee as its own thing separately if at the same time  +  Them having Nidus + 2 Weapons per normal,  not so bad.

I would like to see one of em being those  'Fighter'  melee can get made that give HP per Crit as a primed perhaps, with Primed Hema maybe. 

the other thing maybe...........  if the "vault" were less of a thing.  idk...,    or at least was a more regularly rotating thing so its like on a 3 months cycle for any given frame perhaps,  that every primed frame and weapon would be up to farm relics for a month at a time and back again 2 months later again for a full month / 30 days / on a regular planned for cycle. 

This who  "YOU MIGHT  get  a  week  or  two  a  year"  thing for some really good poplar ones like with Rhino or Oberon is..............      dumb.

MAYBE there can be some "Legacy / Legendary Frames"  where the normals are plenty good and there are better meta WFs one can use but  meh..., 
if its one like  Chroma Prime and Monkey Prime though to be ones that are never Vaulted can be a thing that serve as   "Utility Frames,"  along with Limbo?

idk.   But yeah the "Vault" thing is kinda dumb. 

18 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Wiki states this:

The Old War was long though, so we dont know if the Myconians were part in the creation of Nidus or if a Tenno "piloting" a tenno made Nidus copy ended up at the Myconians for some reason during the tenno rebellion at the end of the old war. And there was certainly a Nidus Prime at some point directly made by the Orokin since Nidus isnt really infested in the actual sense, it is just that his design utilizes the Helminth in that way, just as Frost utilizes it to create ice, Ember fire and Gara glass.

Archived