Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change to Syndicate Standing Acquisition (Not Sigils)

YourPETturtles

There's definite room for improvement in how Syndicate standing is acquired currently. Sigils are primarily an aesthetic feature, and mixing in an experience system into that feels awkward. 

1. Having Syndicate standing be gained by sigils is awkward for swapping between loadouts/warframes. If I used to run for New Loka but now I'm running for Suda, I have to go in and change every single Warframe that I use, and I have to update all my loadouts. Syndicate standing each day is limited, so forgetting to change your Syndicate sigil on a single mission can cost you 1/4 of your daily standing if you're unlucky. For someone like me who loves to constantly change Warframes and swap loadouts, it's a headache. 
  2. The sigil system is unintuitive for new players and is hard to find when it's hidden in Appearances -> Regalia. I recently have had 2 friends join Warframe for the first time, and both of them were confused by how to even apply the sigil in the first place, and had I not been in Discord with them to explain step-by-step, it's highly likely they never would have been able to earn Syndicate standing in the first place. 
  3. It feels bad to give up the actual rewards you could receive upon reaching a new rank with a syndicate, just so that you can earn more standing by a few percentage points. I'd much rather get to choose one of the cool Warframe augments or weapon parts upon spending a bunch of credits and rare resources to rank up, rather than gaining 2% syndicate standing. 
  4. It takes up a Sigil slot for players to show off their experience in the game. This is much less of a concern, but we have 1 less slot to display how many things we've been involved in over the years. 

The solution I see as best would be to simply have an option to set your active Syndicate in the Syndicate panel on the orbiter, and do away with the sigil/standing system. Then, automatically increase the standing that a player earns upon leveling up the Syndicate. That way, no matter what Warframe you swap to, you always are running for the Syndicate you want, and after spending a few hundred thousand credits, you can get an immediate payoff. Sigils should still exist, but they should be more in line with the rest of Sigils: a decoration.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

It isn't the first time nor will it be the last time that this topic is mentioned. You're preaching to the choir, me & countless others have wanted this to be resolved for some time. Until DE actually starts to care about older content, we'll just have to keep on making stuff like this, right?

I was worried that was the case. Maybe I throw this on Reddit too and hope enough people complain lol. There seem to be many easy QoL changes they could make.

52 minutes ago, YourPETturtles said:

I was worried that was the case. Maybe I throw this on Reddit too and hope enough people complain lol. There seem to be many easy QoL changes they could make.

Honestly, Reddit & Twitter probably are the better options at this point. The forums are just for show these days.

Archived