Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enough with the overkill on cooldowns please

Is anyone else tired of cooldowns I mean Mech Cooldowns & Archgun cooldowns are an overkill they should be 1 minute or less regardless of missions 

But there are times I noticed the mech & arch guns have upwards to 5 minute cool downs very inconsistent & uncalled for... 1 minute Is enough I really think DE should make 1 minute cooldowns on these especially when your trying to rank up your arch gun with a gravimag equipped..

Also whoever thought they were funny & decided to make calling a railjack squad defender be able to come in missions but the 2nd he dies or disappears there's a 10 minute cooldown I mean seriously this too should be 1 minute Because most missions don't last but 3 to 5 minutes 

If you were staying in endless that's one thing but in non endless calling a defender into a mission is pretty much useless... I would prefer all gear wheel stuff have no more then a 1 minute cooldown...

Also the MR test cooldown system needs a serious nerf..

I get that if you fail you gotta wait 24 hours to try again. OK that's all fine & dandy 

However the one that grinds my gears when it comes to DE & there overkill of Cooldowns 

Is like yesterday I passed my mr23 test OK & too my surprise I'm eligible to go to Mr 24 

But wait there's yet another 24 hour cooldown I'm like really? If I pass a test & I'm eligible for another test That same day I should have every right to take that test as well..

There's no point in being forced to wait to take the next test...

However I do believe the 24 hour cooldown should be exclusive to a failed test as this gives you time to practice..

But I think the 24 hour cooldown for passing a test & being immediately eligible for the next one should go... 

In closing I want to make a request to DE that in the future please chill on the cooldowns & not go overboard with them... because it takes the fun outta the game... 

Please note these are just my opinion & suggestions on how to fix the cooldown problem if it comes off as something different I'm totally sorry as I'm in a hurry cause I need to go take care of my 81 year old dad cya later..

Sassy Drama Queen GIF

Cooldowns on some of the gear items seem a little long but generally I have never had an issue with cooldowns. Definitely not to the degree you're describing. 

And there absolutely is a point to not being able to jump from one MR test to the next. Warframe is a product. Your incentivized to play for long periods, not cram it all into a few gameplay sessions. If they didn't have this in place a new player could theoretically grind the first 20 MR ranks in like a week.

Couldn't agree more.

Especially with calling in crewmate, I'd literally rather have an NPC doing zero damage, as long as they are at least in play. I'd love nothing more than getting invested into customizing and gearing them but at 10 min, they aren't even an afterthought. Huge letdown there.

Archwing weapon cooldown is just as pointless, now you can restock ammo, you can play actively with the archwing guns throughout the entire map anyway. What's the point of the cooldown, it's too overpowered to be in constant use?

Then the plan (was) to add necramechs to regular missions, what would you call those? Plus, necramech carry the very same archwing weapons with no cooldown.

I think they just have too things neglected, they need to work on, while being slow to change.

All the mods no one uses, broken frames, focus schools, railjacks and it's really everything you can think of, that needs work. Cooldowns, certainly

Welcome to beta!!!1

not really a problem to me, and there are reasons for it:

- Archgun cooldowns would make more sense if they had their full power capability in Atmo mode, but nerfed damage, limited ammo and having to deploy it first keeps them in line and prevents them from outclassing our regular weapons. 

- Mech cooldowns are the same deal, the Mechs aren't meant to replace the warframes, just work as an alternative that's focused more on heavy firepower and durability, but at the cost of mobility.

that's the idea anyway. the only time the cooldown is even a factor is if you spend all the ammo in your archgun and your mech dies. the former can be prevented by killing heavy enemies, the latter by simply modding your mech properly.

8 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Couldn't agree more.

Especially with calling in crewmate, I'd literally rather have an NPC doing zero damage, as long as they are at least in play. I'd love nothing more than getting invested into customizing and gearing them but at 10 min, they aren't even an afterthought. Huge letdown there.

Archwing weapon cooldown is just as pointless, now you can restock ammo, you can play actively with the archwing guns throughout the entire map anyway. What's the point of the cooldown, it's too overpowered to be in constant use?

Then the plan (was) to add necramechs to regular missions, what would you call those? Plus, necramech carry the very same archwing weapons with no cooldown.

I think they just have too things neglected, they need to work on, while being slow to change.

All the mods no one uses, broken frames, focus schools, railjacks and it's really everything you can think of, that needs work. Cooldowns, certainly

Welcome to beta!!!1

the cooldown on archguns is how long it takes to regen the ammo to full. Picking up ammo when it's on cooldown will also lower the cooldown.  Of all the cooldowns in the game the archgun one is one of the most reasonable.

Gear cooldowns are irrelevant with heavy ammo drops and just keeping your mech alive. As well the defenders, if they weren't nerfed, are actually pretty busted with high combat stats which justifies their CD for being an overpowered specter.

And the MR test cooldown are there so you don't cram all the tests in one sitting. It's partially the same reason why foundry timers exist. And the cd for failing is there as a punishment, don't want to wait to retry the test then spend more time practicing it beforehand.

55 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

- Archgun cooldowns would make more sense if they had their full power capability in Atmo mode, but nerfed damage, limited ammo and having to deploy it first keeps them in line and prevents them from outclassing our regular weapons. 

Archguns were actually buffed when Archgun deployers were added. In fact there was an infamous case where the ground version had completely different stats from the space version (I think it was the Velocitus) for a few months, and it was actually the ground version that was stronger

2 hours ago, Drasiel said:

the cooldown on archguns is how long it takes to regen the ammo to full. Picking up ammo when it's on cooldown will also lower the cooldown.  Of all the cooldowns in the game the archgun one is one of the most reasonable.

The point was "dispensary" and necramechs using the very same guns, with instant reload - in so far as "constant use is too overpowered", it's already in there, in several variations.

(with necramechs for all maps probably never coming out lol)

With archguns you can't use melee, far as I know, so there is already a drawback. Not to mention you need a gravimag by grind or plat. You paid more than enough.

Where I am coming from is, if you like an item, you want to use it, plain and simple. Whatever else is true, cooldowns fundamentally do not fit the game, Lavos being another example, forge, arty-gun and so on. It can't work it can't.

Like I said last time with crewmates, I wouldn't even care if they did zero damage, as long as they are around, in use, active.

To me the whole game is instant-spam speedrunning, so I don't know who is messing with us adding a 10 minutes timer. Bro, we don't even have 2 seconds to stand around here doing nothing, no one is waiting around for 10 minutes in this game.

When you design a game, you decide if you want to allow "animation skipping" or "animation clipping", if you do, the game becomes "twitch based", meaning it reacts as fast as you can dish it out. You don't have to wait for the game, it plays at your speed. As fast as you are able.

So anything that takes even a fraction of a second too long to react when you click it, will be going against the games own core.

I bring this up 200 times a week, people's average reaction time is 1/4 of a second, which includes the initial hearing or seeing and then pressing a button.

If you are playing by memory, having a locked rotation such as doing combos, 4 actions per second isn't even fast, because you don't have to interpret first.

So standing around for 3 minutes is 720 skipped or missing inputs for your brain.

Look at it like this, if you have a folder open on your desktop, you click X to close it, how much delay will you brain tolerate before you hit the button again, or you think your PC crashed? 3 minutes? 10 minutes?

More like less than a second.

3 minutes or 10 minutes, in a reaction time action game, might as well be 800 years, it's not "in play".

I mean I am down to negotiate what people feel needs to happen for balance, if we are out here pretending the rest of the game is balanced, but cooldowns and reaction based video gaming don't go together, they are opposites.

And I do sympathize with the people who are sentimental over old rpgs they played with zombie hotbar casting, cooldowns and locked animations, but that isn't this game, that's another game.

9 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

The point was "dispensary" and necramechs using the very same guns, with instant reload - in so far as "constant use is too overpowered", it's already in there, in several variations.

With archguns you can't use melee, far as I know, so there is already a drawback. Not to mention you need a gravimag by grind or plat. You paid more than enough.

Where I am coming from is, if you like an item, you want to use it, plain and simple. Whatever else is true, cooldowns fundamentally do not fit the game, Lavos being another example, forge, arty-gun and so on. It can't work it' cant.

Like I said last time with crewmates, I wouldn't even care if they did zero damage, as long as they are around, in use, active. To me the whole game is instant-spam speed running, so I don't know who is messing with us adding a 10 minutes timer. Bro, we don't even have 2 seconds to stand around here doing nothing, no one is waiting around for 10 minutes in this game.

When you design a game, you decide if you want to allow "animation skipping" or "animation clipping", if you do, the game becomes "twitch based", meaning it reacts as fast as you can dish it out.

So anything that takes even a fraction too long to react when you click it, will be going against the games own core. I bring this up 200 times a week, people's average reaction is 1/4 of a second, which includes the initial hearing or seeing and then pressing a button.

If you are playing by memory, having a locked rotation such as doing combos, 4 actions per second isn't even fast.

So standing around for 3 minutes is 720 skipped or missing inputs for your brain.

Look at it like this, if have a folder open on your desktop, you click X to close it, how much delay will you brain tolerate before you hit the button again, or you think you crashed?

3 minutes or 10 minutes, in a reaction time action game, might as well be 800 years.

While I had a good laugh reading your response I'll take one point to reply to seriously. The cooldown and availability of the crewmember are tied to the power they bring to the table. So it cannot be anywhere near as available as a specter simply because these things are going to oneshot everything. I don't like the cooldowns either, but it does force you to think about when you're going to deploy them. This makes it kind of a tactical decision and also more niche. When would you deply them? Well when you need to defend something on the Open World areas where an extra hand for 3 minutes can make a difference. Or maybe when you've rescued the prisoner in a rescue mission. Just as an example. You can also summon them in Nightmare missions and they will stay on your side. In fact I just did one today and summoned both a specter and the crew member and the crew member one shot the specter. Funny.

In all honesty you don't need them. They are a nice to have. And with such things these cooldowns, how long they may be become largely irrelevant.

Also I like missing inputs. Keeps me sane.

4 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

While I had a good laugh reading your response I'll take one point to reply to seriously. The cooldown and availability of the crewmember are tied to the power they bring to the table. So it cannot be anywhere near as available as a specter simply because these things are going to oneshot everything. I don't like the cooldowns either, but it does force you to think about when you're going to deploy them. This makes it kind of a tactical decision and also more niche. When would you deply them? Well when you need to defend something on the Open World areas where an extra hand for 3 minutes can make a difference. Or maybe when you've rescued the prisoner in a rescue mission. Just as an example. You can also summon them in Nightmare missions and they will stay on your side. In fact I just did one today and summoned both a specter and the crew member and the crew member one shot the specter. Funny.

In all honesty you don't need them. They are a nice to have. And with such things these cooldowns, how long they may be become largely irrelevant.

Also I like missing inputs. Keeps me sane.

Yes it is funny, people sitting around talking about video games, never heard of reaction time before, or animation skipping. Then they start hating me when I talk over their head like it's my fault.

From my perspective, you owe me a favor after I just gave you something new to think about, now I am the bad guy.

But yeah I don't know, feels like you didn't respond to the points I made so I guess I should ignore what you had to say too?

So to summarize, cooldowns do not belong in reaction time based action games, which warframe is, because animation skipping, and it's impossible to care about items that aren't in play.

And, archguns already have "constant use" with dispensary - and allegedly necramechs on all maps at some point.

3 hours ago, Surbusken said:

Where I am coming from is, if you like an item, you want to use it, plain and simple. Whatever else is true, cooldowns fundamentally do not fit the game, Lavos being another example, forge, arty-gun and so on. It can't work it can't.

Like I said last time with crewmates, I wouldn't even care if they did zero damage, as long as they are around, in use, active.

To me the whole game is instant-spam speedrunning, so I don't know who is messing with us adding a 10 minutes timer. Bro, we don't even have 2 seconds to stand around here doing nothing, no one is waiting around for 10 minutes in this game.

When you design a game, you decide if you want to allow "animation skipping" or "animation clipping", if you do, the game becomes "twitch based", meaning it reacts as fast as you can dish it out. You don't have to wait for the game, it plays at your speed. As fast as you are able.

So anything that takes even a fraction of a second too long to react when you click it, will be going against the games own core.

I bring this up 200 times a week, people's average reaction time is 1/4 of a second, which includes the initial hearing or seeing and then pressing a button.

If you are playing by memory, having a locked rotation such as doing combos, 4 actions per second isn't even fast, because you don't have to interpret first.

Look at it like this, if you have a folder open on your desktop, you click X to close it, how much delay will you brain tolerate before you hit the button again, or you think your PC crashed? 3 minutes? 10 minutes?

More like less than a second.

3 minutes or 10 minutes, in a reaction time action game, might as well be 800 years, it's not "in play".

I mean I am down to negotiate what people feel needs to happen for balance, if we are out here pretending the rest of the game is balanced, but cooldowns and reaction based video gaming don't go together, they are opposites.

And I do sympathize with the people who are sentimental over old rpgs they played with zombie hotbar casting, cooldowns and locked animations, but that isn't this game, that's another game.

necramechs don't use the same guns though, they use archwing style archguns not ground style archguns, which is why they have the regenerating ammo of archwing. Necramech guns also aren't instant reload they are battery reload with a short cooldown between when you stop shooting and when you start recharging. You are correct that you can't use melee with them equipped. You also can't aim glide as far when they are equipped.  However talking about cost, it is waaaaaay more expensive in time and effort to get a necramech and then build it to survive long enough to get to benefit from the archwing style archguns. Dispensory, unless you really love protea is locked behind grinding an entire frame and entrati standing, and helminth resources. Both necramechs and helminth are more endgame oriented systems and costs where gravimags are at worst upper middle tier.

I get wanting to use an item and being put off by cooldowns but I still think the cooldowns are not a bad thing especially where there are methods to lower the cooldown.  I would rather see the cooldowns stay with lower totals  and have more ways to mitigate them such as in the case of the ground based archguns.

We're going to just have to agree to disagree about warframe being a twitch shooter though, If it was my crippled butt would have had to give up on it long ago. It is a horde shooter and there is a lot going on, often too much for even normal people to properly process but it's difficulty has always been built more around using the proper gear for the right missions.

12 hours ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

Is anyone else tired of cooldowns I mean Mech Cooldowns & Archgun cooldowns are an overkill they should be 1 minute or less regardless of missions 

But there are times I noticed the mech & arch guns have upwards to 5 minute cool downs very inconsistent & uncalled for... 1 minute Is enough I really think DE should make 1 minute cooldowns on these especially when your trying to rank up your arch gun with a gravimag equipped..

Also whoever thought they were funny & decided to make calling a railjack squad defender be able to come in missions but the 2nd he dies or disappears there's a 10 minute cooldown I mean seriously this too should be 1 minute Because most missions don't last but 3 to 5 minutes 

If you were staying in endless that's one thing but in non endless calling a defender into a mission is pretty much useless... I would prefer all gear wheel stuff have no more then a 1 minute cooldown...

I get that if you fail you gotta wait 24 hours to try again. OK that's all fine & dandy 

However the one that grinds my gears when it comes to DE & there overkill of Cooldowns 

Is like yesterday I passed my mr23 test OK & too my surprise I'm eligible to go to Mr 24 

But wait there's yet another 24 hour cooldown I'm like really? If I pass a test & I'm eligible for another test That same day I should have every right to take that test as well..

There's no point in being forced to wait to take the next test...

However I do believe the 24 hour cooldown should be exclusive to a failed test as this gives you time to practice..

But I think the 24 hour cooldown for passing a test & being immediately eligible for the next one should go... 

In closing I want to make a request to DE that in the future please chill on the cooldowns & not go overboard with them... because it takes the fun outta the game... 

Please note these are just my opinion & suggestions on how to fix the cooldown problem if it comes off as something different I'm totally sorry as I'm in a hurry cause I need to go take care of my 81 year old dad cya later..

AGREED........   like  F t W ??   with the  1.5min cooldown on Mech Launcher stuff???   in the Overworld, lmfao...

If anything make it more like with the Archwing or Archgun stuff maybe where the more you kill with it before death the less long the CD , or such...,
At least the CD on Redeploy while its alive is short.

Would also be nice if the Operator could do  "Repairs"  to a low-hp  Necramech on foot with  "Hold Y" maybe. . .   if below 30% HP or so.?

30 Seconds Cooldown or less  for all modes with it  is good...   and for a 1min or so for  Archguns,  to maybe 2min at most if it has a LOT  of max ammo.
Not  "% Left of Max Ammo,"  but for Total Ammo perhaps.,  still at least most of the time if its a "lots of stuff to kill" mode one will get lots of ammo drops.

Maybe an  Ammo Mutation Mod + Eximus Slot  for Archguns?  :)

8 hours ago, Drasiel said:

necramechs don't use the same guns though, they use archwing style archguns not ground style archguns, which is why they have the regenerating ammo of archwing. Necramech guns also aren't instant reload they are battery reload with a short cooldown between when you stop shooting and when you start recharging. You are correct that you can't use melee with them equipped. You also can't aim glide as far when they are equipped.  However talking about cost, it is waaaaaay more expensive in time and effort to get a necramech and then build it to survive long enough to get to benefit from the archwing style archguns. Dispensory, unless you really love protea is locked behind grinding an entire frame and entrati standing, and helminth resources. Both necramechs and helminth are more endgame oriented systems and costs where gravimags are at worst upper middle tier.

I get wanting to use an item and being put off by cooldowns but I still think the cooldowns are not a bad thing especially where there are methods to lower the cooldown.  I would rather see the cooldowns stay with lower totals  and have more ways to mitigate them such as in the case of the ground based archguns.

We're going to just have to agree to disagree about warframe being a twitch shooter though, If it was my crippled butt would have had to give up on it long ago. It is a horde shooter and there is a lot going on, often too much for even normal people to properly process but it's difficulty has always been built more around using the proper gear for the right missions.

I don't feel you are bringing up anything relevant to the points I made?

Dispensary adds infinite ammo to archguns, is that a fact or is that not a fact. So is the cooldown absolutely pointless for "balance", to prevent constant use, yes. I would call that a certified fact.

Cooldown to prevent constant use, well it is in constant use...

You can play entire maps, reloading your archgun, when you want, on any frame you want. The end.

On top of that, necramechs, who in and of themselves, are of course totally overpowered, clowning the "because balance" viewpoint - not that we weren't already laughing at the notion of the game being remotely balanced as is.

... they get to reload archguns in around 2 seconds.

What category the game falls into, is also rather factual, you can't just make things up.

Yeah I'd like the game to identify as 2D strategy to fit my lifestyle.

The game's genre isn't a personal knock on you, like I am out here trying to look down on people for not being elite players, none at all. The player's only job is having fun, relaxing and destressing, it's recreational.

That's one of the strengths of warframe I'd say, people are laid back and helpful but right now we in a debate about the health of the game, where being helpful to individual posters, have to take a backseat to being helpful towards the entirety of the game. The debate aside I wish you nothing but the best.

But so "the genre of the game" point being brought up, is relevant for qualifying gameplay.

Could you drive slow in a racing game for example? Could you grow plastic waterbottles in a farming simulator?

There are universally true attributes, assigned to nearly everything, that must be true. When does a football turn into a basketball? Well I am just out here wanting to feel it's a tennisball, is that how it works.

Of course then a game genre has mandatory restraints, characteristics, demands, expecations put on it.

For warframe, nothing is further from the genre characteristics, than cooldowns.

I can't think of a single feature or element in all of video gaming, that is further from the genre, than cooldowns literally.

The genre aside, I also believe you could write a 48 volume saga, on how cooldowns in video games, fundamentally don't work, and were only invented from lack of developer solutions, trying to stall players.

Based on the premise, "video games are about doing something", where if true, a cooldown, having to sit and wait "not doing anything", logically have to be anti-gaming.

6 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

I really dislike the cooldown on the crew dude...all of the others I pretty much don't care, but this one is way way too long for what it does.
What does he do for 10 min, drink tea? Spankin' it in the ship? Lazy mofo...

Worker's rights...

On topic: I think this is one of the most "cooldown friendly" games I have played given the number of insane abilities that operate without them entirely.

6 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

I really dislike the cooldown on the crew dude...all of the others I pretty much don't care, but this one is way way too long for what it does.
What does he do for 10 min, drink tea? Spankin' it in the ship? Lazy mofo...

If you equip them with the right guns, they kinda destroy everything. I had mine in an arbitration defense yesterday. whenever I’d call her in, I didn’t even need to shoot anything for as long as she stuck around. Helped me solo 50 waves with ease. I kinda thought the timer was a bit long; but if you had a full squad with crew members, it wouldn’t be very difficult to keep at least one active at all times. Seems fair to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

13 hours ago, Surbusken said:

Yes it is funny, people sitting around talking about video games, never heard of reaction time before, or animation skipping. Then they start hating me when I talk over their head like it's my fault.

From my perspective, you owe me a favor after I just gave you something new to think about, now I am the bad guy.

But yeah I don't know, feels like you didn't respond to the points I made so I guess I should ignore what you had to say too?

So to summarize, cooldowns do not belong in reaction time based action games, which warframe is, because animation skipping, and it's impossible to care about items that aren't in play.

And, archguns already have "constant use" with dispensary - and allegedly necramechs on all maps at some point.

What new thing to think about?

Well the only thing you've confirmed is that you cannot handle two different input types while I can. That's not new.

And I'm simply in disagreement that these things cannot coexist only because it's annoying for you. I think the cooldowns are long yes, but I honestly am not bothered by it. I can work with it. They needed to implement something that was balanced and this was their decision. The other decision they could make is removal of the on call crewmember and archgun deployment. On paper this would make you happy.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Deputy Facepain said:

If you equip them with the right guns, they kinda destroy everything. I had mine in an arbitration defense yesterday. whenever I’d call her in, I didn’t even need to shoot anything for as long as she stuck around. Helped me solo 50 waves with ease. I kinda thought the timer was a bit long; but if you had a full squad with crew members, it wouldn’t be very difficult to keep at least one active at all times. Seems fair to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

10 minutes isn't fair though that's the difference & is an overkill 

We should be able to recall him after 1 minute & if needed no more then 3 minutes...

Because some missions are so quick it's not even possible to use them so 10 minutes to re call a crew is just way too long.. maybe 5 minutes I'd be OK with but it should between 1 & 3 Mins at most though 

But knowing DE they would reduce it to 5 mins which is better then 10 but still to long in my view 

Crew members are fun to use & can help you get out of certain situations making the most difficult missions a breath. Nothing wrong with recasting them in 5 minutes or less..

4 hours ago, DreadgeNought said:

AGREED........   like  F t W ??   with the  1.5min cooldown on Mech Launcher stuff???   in the Overworld, lmfao...

If anything make it more like with the Archwing or Archgun stuff maybe where the more you kill with it before death the less long the CD , or such...,
At least the CD on Redeploy while its alive is short.

Would also be nice if the Operator could do  "Repairs"  to a low-hp  Necramech on foot with  "Hold Y" maybe. . .   if below 30% HP or so.?

30 Seconds Cooldown or less  for all modes with it  is good...   and for a 1min or so for  Archguns,  to maybe 2min at most if it has a LOT  of max ammo.
Not  "% Left of Max Ammo,"  but for Total Ammo perhaps.,  still at least most of the time if its a "lots of stuff to kill" mode one will get lots of ammo drops.

Maybe an  Ammo Mutation Mod + Eximus Slot  for Archguns?  :)

I'd love to have my operator heal my Mech once it hits below 30%hp that's a brilliant idea..

Kinda sad that Boneswindow can Self heal with meat hook but Voidrig can't so your idea is a good one...

& yes an exlius slot for Archguns could solve the cooldown problem cause then equipping ammo mutation Mods would allow you to rank it up in game easier..

And as long as you don't run out of ammo you can continue to use archgun I'd be OK with this 

Only time the exlius slot & ammunition Mods can't be used is when you play archwing missions since they auto Reload on own...  

Exlius Mod slot & ammo mutation Mods for Archguns should only be for guns with Gravmag + only in non archwing missions..

So I like your idea on this one too..

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Deputy Facepain said:

With full squad(with luck with people who know what they are doing), yes you are right.

But that is really deceptive and I'll tell you why.
I did an experiment last week, I was solo on 1+ hour on sp survival and I deployed about 10-ish specters(ancient, corrupted, moa, nidus etc) +the crew dude(with a great rivened gun, the gun was not the problem). When I was around them it seemed like they were helping and killing a lot.
Then I said to myself, I'll take a little break, they seem to be fine, 2 min should not be a problem(I did not pause intentionally)
When I got back from the break everything has gone to hell, almost all the specters were dead(except the corrupted bombard), life support from 100% was at 0.
So ye specters can seem to do stuff when they have the support and back up of a warframe or a whole squad, but on their own...they are useless.

CD mechanics aren't my favorite thing, but as something occasional mixed in with  spammables of various sorts, they work well enough.  What they're supposed to do is allow some higher impact actions with more predictable limits than those of actions that are limited by resources or reactions.  As long as we've got plenty to do while something is on CD, and as long as the payoff for the CD is substantial enough, they're basically fine.

Warframe is far from a cooldown-heavy game, athough some individual CDs are too long or should be more impactful.   And some could have alternatives that let us avoid the downtimes entirely, but that may come with reduced power or a cost or both.

18 hours ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

This statement just killed the whole thread for me.

People who need huge neon arrow to notice the PRACTICE button literally a couple of centimeters from the "start test" button, or cocky enough to just go for the test regardless of the existence of that practice button, are imho the worst warframe players.

Archived