How can I create Rhino when I can't get to the materials?

Praetorian210

Question

So as my first character is Mag, I cannot pass the Frost phase specter in order to get to mars. Naturally I started collecting Rhino's parts, however, I have his blueprints but the parts are on the planet I'm trying to get to, Mars. How can I create Rhino then?

Frost is a difficult specter at the point that you fight him, but it's more about your weapons and mods than frame. If his shields are being problematic, try modding for magnetic damage (electric + cold), or delete them with mag's abilities if you can get some energy. 

Just keep trying, Frost is a difficult road block in that early game. Once you're past it watch out for the Valkyr specter in the Jupiter junction, she's also quite difficult at that stage in the game. Otherwise rail specters shouldn't be too bad. Good luck Tenno!

4 minutes ago, sauceyboii11 said:

oof... okay....

Well think about it. If you grab Rhino to go through the starchart you learn to block things with your face until it stops working. You don't learn to evade attacks, you don't learn to tell when you're affected by status, you don't learn much parkour, etc. Hell this guy hasn't even bothered reading what his Mag's abilities do or else he'd realise that if he uses Magnetize he pretty much wins the fight. If all you learn in this game is how to headbutt things till it stops working, how to swing your melee and shoot your gun, you're going to end up extremely average at the game and that means you'll be constantly reading the wiki, checking videos and asking questions because you can't understand what's going on in new content and how to adapt to it. There are a LOT of mechanics in this game to learn, becoming a tank and trudging through missions using 1 ability(possibly 2) won't teach you much.

2 minutes ago, Praetorian210 said:

to the dude who said Mag can easily beat frost, How? I've been trying and trying and I cant penetrate his regenerating shield.

Let me guess.  You are whaling on him with melee, and his shields are not going down?  It's not that you are not dealing enough damage, it's that you are not dealing any damage because he is blocking your every attack.  Warframe Specters, like you, can block weak melee attacks and ranged attacks if they face you with their melee weapon drawn.  However, the block only works in a small cone in front of them and does not work against heavy melee attacks and warframe abilities...

That should be more than enough of a tip, come back if you still cannot figure it out.

7 hours ago, Praetorian210 said:

So as my first character is Mag, I cannot pass the Frost phase specter in order to get to mars. Naturally I started collecting Rhino's parts, however, I have his blueprints but the parts are on the planet I'm trying to get to, Mars. How can I create Rhino then?

Well I will not help you to obtain rhino but garuda (unles you really want it) and other stuff. I will help you get excalibur first at mars because he is pretty much a tank but fast and really easy to dodge enemy attacks using him and all his abilities are for attacking. I will give you free travel to phobos mars and deimos to help you make frames.

1 minute ago, Xenotater said:

Frost is a difficult specter at the point that you fight him, but it's more about your weapons and mods than frame. If his shields are being problematic, try modding for magnetic damage (electric + cold), or delete them with mag's abilities if you can get some energy. 

Just keep trying, Frost is a difficult road block in that early game. Once you're past it watch out for the Valkyr specter in the Jupiter junction, she's also quite difficult at that stage in the game. Otherwise rail specters shouldn't be too bad. Good luck Tenno!

uhh Saryn Specter- 1-hit death. Took me a while to figure her out. The others are rather straight-forward but Saryn can and will; snipe you the second you touch the console. I had to call on Valkyr as Hysteria's immune buff was the only thing I had then to make sure I lived long enough to kill the Specter

7 hours ago, Praetorian210 said:

to the dude who said Mag can easily beat frost, How? I've been trying and trying and I cant penetrate his regenerating shield.

Mag's second ability is called Magnetize.  It locks the target down,  directs incoming fire to its center mass,   multiplies incoming damage,   and does damage over time based on the amount of damage fired into it.       It's a very potent ability and an effective boss killer against most bosses that don't have special mechanics.  

I just tried it out on the frost specter with an unmodded Mag,  and an unmodded Braton.    It wasn't completely brainless,  but it wasn't terribly difficult either.     Beating down the shield was,  indeed,  a bit of a chore using only my gun,   but that wasn't necessary.   Mag's abilities all do magnetic damage,  which is highly effective against shields.   Her third ability,  Polarize,    is sufficient to completely knock down the shield in one cast.  Polarize also splinters armor,  doing damage and reducing armor value,  which makes it a very potent ability in this fight. 

Without any mods,  the simple strat of casting Magnetize,  casting polarize,  and hosing down the magnetize bubble worked extremely well, though it sometimes took two castings of Magnetize.    

Mods make it much faster.    A rank 5 serration and a rank 5 Intensify together remove the need to cast Polarize,  and let me finish off the specter in the duration a single magnetize casting. 

You're new at this and the mod system can be daunting to learn,  but it's the key to weapon and warframe power.    Right now you probably don't have many,  but putting a even single damage mod and a single elemental mod on your weapon can make them much more powerful.   

27 minutes ago, Praetorian210 said:

I had really forgotten how easy this one is.. Mag .. activate console.. aim at specter, hit your number 2 .. and shoot.. I just re-did it with a Mk1-strun unmodded and a Mag prime (I dont have a normal Mag), unmodded .. and it took all of about 20 seconds..  

I know it might seem hard but its really about you understanding the Mag (or any frames) abilities and how to use them with weapons.. Mags 2 is a killer bubble that you shoot at once its around the target and it will kill it.. If you had more energy you could use your other abilities to make it faster of course but for you:-  Mag, #2, shoot, dead specter, is the way of the ninja my fello Tenno

2 hours ago, Praetorian210 said:

So as my first character is Mag

Actually Mag is the best starter frame among the 3. Cast her Magnetize on the Frost specter, then shoot the bubble. I hope your guns has some damage dealing mods on them.

Never really understood why DE put the materials for frames on planets further away. Plastids is not even close to Venus. The first planet to get them is Saturn. I don't think many of the vets even realize this.

My advice to OP. Give up on getting Rhino for now. If you keep playing you'll get the parts eventually.

If you really really want to build him you could ask a player to take you to any of the planets further in, but I would advise against that and just unlock the star chart and planets at your own pace. It was a lot more fun for me that way.

32 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Never really understood why DE put the materials for frames on planets further away. Plastids is not even close to Venus. The first planet to get them is Saturn. I don't think many of the vets even realize this.

My advice to OP. Give up on getting Rhino for now. If you keep playing you'll get the parts eventually.

If you really really want to build him you could ask a player to take you to any of the planets further in, but I would advise against that and just unlock the star chart and planets at your own pace. It was a lot more fun for me that way.

yep great advice, and as said Mag is a great frame to run with right through the star chart.. spend some time using Mags 2+3 and u will find Mag is pretty good .. then when u get used to her 2 + 3 bring on Mags, 1 + 4 :) 

2 hours ago, Praetorian210 said:

You can defeat Frost with Mag in several ways specific to Mag because aBiLiTiEs, or you can just go with the universal way of Melee... They are susceptible to Lifted status, staggers and knockdowns.

... I suggest using those to keep it disabled and, whenever its on the ground, stab it for much more damage...

... I also suggest, if you choose the firearms approach, to use the terrain to your advantage while you keep hammering its shields...

Spoiler

Vital Information -> Use either full Toxin elemental damage, or combine Toxin with Magnetic elemental damages. You can get those mods from the 3 initial planets.

... Or, go with the nuclear approach... Get Dread and 1-shot it through the window... Oh wait, Dread's mastery requirement is higher than what you have right now...

... Oh yeah, just use Lex if you want to shoot its face.

6 hours ago, Praetorian210 said:

correction: you will also need to unlock phobos to get plastids and an orokin cell from deimos.

You could use her abilities to stun the frost specter. I'm afraid you cannot get rhino you beat the frost specter, you could craft boltor, use props as sheilds. Unless you have plat then you can buy him.

6 hours ago, Praetorian210 said:

I could help you farm the materials as I also want to get rhino ;-;

pm me if you want to farm together, I could give you free access to mars deimos and phobos. that way you can build rhino and defeat the frost specter as rhino is a tank.

6 minutes ago, Praetorian210 said:

If you have trouble beating the Frost specter with Mag, just say it.  Trust me, it's not hard at all and you do not need Rhino.

3 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

You can defeat Frost with Mag in several ways specific to Mag because aBiLiTiEs, or you can just go with the universal way of Melee... They are susceptible to Lifted status, staggers and knockdowns.

... I suggest using those to keep it disabled and, whenever its on the ground, stab it for much more damage...

... I also suggest, if you choose the firearms approach, to use the terrain to your advantage while you keep hammering its shields...

Reveal hidden contents

Vital Information -> Use either full Toxin elemental damage, or combine Toxin with Magnetic elemental damages. You can get those mods from the 3 initial planets.

... Or, go with the nuclear approach... Get Dread and 1-shot it through the window... Oh wait, Dread's mastery requirement is higher than what you have right now...

... Oh yeah, just use Lex if you want to shoot its face.

If he uses meelee frost will froze him so use ability and gun

Melee slam attack should stagger the specter, giving you a chance to get some hits in. Pretty sure that's how I cracked Frost last time.

In theory Mag could just delete him if you use her skill to drop a mag bubble on him and fire you weapons into it.

As for building Rhino, aside from Orokin cells you could theoretically get the other materials from low level cetus bounties, if you're geared well enough. Bounties are harsh on a new character if you're inexperienced though.

6 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

you can easily kill the Frost specter with Mag, Mag is a great frame that can kill just about anything when used properly, actually I would prefer Mag to Rhino anyday  .. but isnt Rhino parts from Jackel on Fossa, Venus?

hello and good day sir. the materials for rhino are at deimos mars and phobos.

Just now, -AncientWarrior- said:

you can easily kill the Frost specter with Mag, Mag is a great frame that can kill just about anything when used properly  .. but isnt Rhino parts from Jackel on Fossa, Venus?

I think he means the crafting materials he needs come from mars

4 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

True

13 minutes ago, Praetorian210 said:

Naturally I started collecting Rhino's parts, however, I have his blueprints but the parts are on the planet I'm trying to get to, Mars.

2 minutes ago, McCIoud said:

I think he means the crafting materials he needs come from mars

yeah but he does say parts .. idk .. all good in the hood

9 minutes ago, sauceyboii11 said:

I could help you farm the materials as I also want to get rhino ;-;

pm me if you want to farm together, I could give you free access to mars deimos and phobos. that way you can build rhino and defeat the frost specter as rhino is a tank.

And that is how people don't properly learn the mechanics. Tanking in this game doesn't teach much. 

Archived