Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Let Us Be Able To Turn The Flashlight Off And On With A Key Bind.

Kaibah

I just think it'd make things SO much simpler. There are some areas in the game which are quite dark, but the flashlight still doesn't turn on (like the Orokin Derelicts). I don't know if that is a bug, but anyway, at least if you had a key bind, we can choose when we want to use it.

What do you think?

Edited by Kaibah

I agree, simply for immersion more then anything. Flashlights should be brighter and more powerful, much like the ones in dead space for example.  However, I think that maps taking place on "derelect" maps (not specifically orokin derelects, but you know like the infested maps that are obviously on a grineer ship)  should be much, much darker so that you have to use your flashlight to look around. Plus it'll be awesome and horror-ish. x3 

I concur with this.

But thing that bothers me most is that, although set in the far future, everybody still uses flashlights! We're ninja! Ninja Flashlights?!

The Grineer and the Corpus probably have night vision in their helmets, but the Tenno? Tenno flashlights, IN THE WEAPONS!

As ninjas or people with highly advanced suits, we should actually be able to see in the dark.

Maybe, but nightvision would kill it for me for two reasons.

One: if it was just some perfect "future nightvision" thing, that's just boring and does absolutely nothing for atmosphere.

Two: If DE wanted to add practical nightvision, it would either be A: The fake nightivison in games like call of duty or tom clancy games, or it would be B: like real life night vision, which is almost just slightly better then stumbling around in the dark.

Dead Space took place far in the future too, and it used flashlights.  And how friggin cool was it to hunt space zombies in the dark with your flashlight?

Edited by DragonDance

I really want this as well. I really hope it would not be too much to ask for either.

Like, I don't want the auto-flashlight to go away, because it's pretty cool when the flashlight turns on by an in-game scripted event/trigger.

However, like Kaibah mentioned, some parts of the levels get really dark and the flashlight won't turn on when you want it to.

Maybe, but nightvision would kill it for me for two reasons.

One: if it was just some perfect "future nightvision" thing, that's just boring and does absolutely nothing for atmosphere.

Two: If DE wanted to add practical nightvision, it would either be A: The fake nightivison in games like call of duty or tom clancy games, or it would be B: like real life night vision, which is almost just slightly better then stumbling around in the dark.

Dead Space took place far in the future too, and it used flashlights.  And how friggin cool was it to hunt space zombies in the dark with your flashlight?

Well not complete NightVision, I agree that would kill the game feel. But maybe something like "Predator-Vision" or like Thermal. I can't see why since the Grineer grunts and Corpus crew have face masks that glow.

What bugs me is that the flashlight STILL lights to where your cursor is and is not an actual physical light bulb of sorts on your frame/weapon :\ 

I simply can't STAND that,it ruins everything,when I stand still I want the flashlight to either shine from the "eyes" of my frames,so wherever it is looking,the light shines that way,or from where the front of the weapon is pointing,so that when the frame does its idle animations and moves the weapon around,so does the light.

What bugs me is that the flashlight STILL lights to where your cursor is and is not an actual physical light bulb of sorts on your frame/weapon :\ 

I simply can't STAND that,it ruins everything,when I stand still I want the flashlight to either shine from the "eyes" of my frames,so wherever it is looking,the light shines that way,or from where the front of the weapon is pointing,so that when the frame does its idle animations and moves the weapon around,so does the light.

I agree! The flash light that follows our weapons is strange as there is no flash light attached to them. Our whole bodies should be able to emit an aura of light since we have those glowy things on our bodies!

Edited by SicSlaver

I agree! The flash light that follows our weapons is strange as there is no flash light attached to them. Our whole bodies should be able to emit an aura of light since we have those glowy things on our bodies!

It's kind of weird, but I dunno about an aura of light. Our character or everyone running around like this could be super annoying or ugly to look at. Same with a night or thermal vision.

• 3 weeks later...