Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Rubble Mechanic Broken When Using The Helminth System

Sbimon

~FIXED as of Echoes of the Zariman: Update 31.6~

Info on the issue: 
When running tests in the simulacron (was also tested in normal missions) the ability-petrify is NEVER used to petrify enemies and subsequently generate rubble. I am only using Path of Statues augment to petrify enemies and then pick up rubble once they die. If abilities are infused over petrify, enemies still petrify from Path of Statues but no rubble is dropped. The rubble drop mechanic seem to be coded to ONLY work when the ability-petrify is present, even if it is never used itself. This makes no sense if you read carefully into the abilities of atlas and the rubble mechanic (rubble drops from petrified enemies, regardless of how they are petrified).

By just replacing the ability-petrify you essentially bug out the entire rubble mechanic and break a large chunk of atlas abilities, augments, and general usability.
I made sure to test the same "setup" and made myself invincible to make sure rubble was not just healing me. I hope it was just an oversight and that it gets fixed soon!

Here are the two setups for reference:

Screenshot_437.pngScreenshot_438.png

As you can see rubble is building on the OG build below:

unknown.png

Below are the results using the Subsume build and there is no rubble dropping (this is with roar infused over petrify):

unknown.png

P.S. For those wondering why anyone would infuse over petrify.... Well I built this to be one of the best landslide builds available and petrify is used even less than tectonics and rumblers. (Background info explains)

*I did more testing with spawning in the rumblers and despawning them -> they still drop rubble with the Subsume build. So far only landslide setup is getting affected by the removal of petrify.
**More testing: Enemies that are petrified when summoning rumblers also do not drop rubble when killed with the Subsume build.

Background info:
Since the release of Atlas prime (he is the frame I main, the reason I play) I have created a build solely focused on landslide and evolved it over the years. Refer to setup images below for a better understanding. The OG build was the original build I ran for years more or less (narrow mined used to be adaptation, and I was missing fully upgraded mods/arcanes), part of my playstyle consists of never using petrify as path of statues is incredibly reliable if you know and understand all the mechanics behind it. Once I managed to get around to using the helminth system I started to run into major road blocks in advancing further and creating stronger builds. With the current stats preferring strength, duration, efficiency, range in that order and ranking the abilities I used least, petrify was the only choice to boot off the list and with careful consideration, Roar was the best and reliable replacement for more power. It fit better stat wise than any other option without having any annoying pre-conditions like Mirages-Eclipse. I would argue this is one of the best builds out there while keeping a sense of risk/reward as mistakes during those reallyyy long endless survival missions still hurt... Skill is still required to keep it going properly. QoL is considered as much as possible and this build fits perfectly for me. (Just check my profile; about me, that 100mil sure looks great in steel path) There is still room for this build to grow (quite a bit actually), but I haven't really played WF since this post was made as this "bug wall" just sucks the fun out of the game for me.

TL;DR:
Rubble no longer drops from petrified enemies (regardless of how they became petrified) if you use the helminth system to infuse an ability over petrify.
Currently affects:
Path of Statues augment. Enemies that are petrified when Spawning Rumblers. Rubble Heap augment.
Firewalker when actively being used causes interference with rubble drop from petrified enemies (Note* Even when infused over rumblers rather than petrify).

So how does one know if the bug report is "accepted" or in line to be and just pending dev intervention? As from looking at the bug reports, forum moderators selectively choose which ones they reply to and it just causes players to bump or make the same thread again as we don't know what's going on. Other games forums I go to have a very controlled bug report section and this just looks like a dumping ground comparatively. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2021-05-23 at 2:12 PM, Sbimon said:

So how does one know if the bug report is "accepted" or in line to be and just pending dev intervention?

Unless they acknowledge the bug on their bug tracker (trello board) or simply reply, there's little to no way to tell. It's an unfortunate reality as things stand, just making bug reporting harder and less impactful.

On 2021-09-17 at 12:04 PM, CyberneticSusurrus said:

Wow. This is ridiculous.

That's almost 4 months and not even an acknowledgement of the issue, much less a fix.

I have pinged the warframe staff, they did see and like the post but nothing more than that... 👌 The bug is also noted on the warframe wiki in the helminth section under bugs. XD

One day it will get fixed and I can get back to seeing ridiculous dmg numbers with my fav frame!

Is the reason this is 'overlooked' or gone unoticed because Atlas is a low play time frame? this would nerf his current user base if he cant use the helminth properly. 4+ months and no fix/mention of this despite the traction it has. (being here, on the wiki and countless people knowing within official warframe twitch community.

Hope it gets fixed, but considering Yarelli's aquablades still don't work on almost all hard cc frames and she's brand new, I'm not too surprised. (Definitely not still salty that I reported a nightwatch napalm bug in the first week that didn't get fixed for years and someone else's post was cited for the bug LOL)

1 hour ago, Nobilus said:

Hope it gets fixed, but considering Yarelli's aquablades still don't work on almost all hard cc frames and she's brand new, I'm not too surprised. (Definitely not still salty that I reported a nightwatch napalm bug in the first week that didn't get fixed for years and someone else's post was cited for the bug LOL)

its like forum moderators put all the bug reports they see into a hat and then devs pull a few out at a time and the other persons was picked out the hat before yours

• 3 weeks later...

Tested as of Hotfix 30.8.2.... I saw the patch notes saying:

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed a handful of script errors when casting Warframe Abilities

Gave me some hope... Painfully disappointed that it didn't include atlas. 

Tested as of Hotfix 30.8.3....

On 2021-10-19 at 3:04 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed script errors when casting numerous Warframe Abilities. 

Really gonna bamboozle me twice...GOD DAMN!

@[DE]Momaw Why must it be this wayyyy? ;) pretty please push this forward to get looked at... I've been here since May.

• 4 weeks later...

maybe if someone from Tencent got into warframe and mained Atlas then found this bug, then thered be a higher chance of a fix. Doubt one will come in anytime soon. No response from anyone, no attempted fix at all dispite the many bug fixes, including other helminth fixes that seem like a ant sized bug compared to this rhino (atlas) beetle.

I just ran into this bug. I subsumed Firewalker over Petrify and now the Rubble Armor passive is non-funtional. Any enemies that have been "rocked" by Path Of Statues or the AoE of Rumblers and then smashed no longer drop rubble.

@[DE]Momaw Is the bug squishing team aware of this issue?

Additional note (possibly also a bug): I just tried equipping Firewalker over Rumblers. Any "rocked" enemies damaged or currently under the effect of Firewalker when shattered do not drop rubble. As long as Firewalker isn't interfering, rubble drops normally. Is this intentional?

Archived