Jump to content

Decoy might just be the only ability where I'd rather have the Conclave version. Can we fix that, please? (Decoy buff/rework thread.)


Perfectly_Framed_Waifu

Recommended Posts

Basically, Conclave Decoy uses your Primary weapon and deals 50% of its damage with 30% accuracy (modified by Strength and Range respectively, according to the Wiki). The duration is only a second more than 1/5th of our normal Decoy, but that's irrelevant at the moment since the Decoy barely lives for a second under any non-low level fire. While simply making our normal Decoy work as the Conclave version would already be a buff, here's my full list of suggestions (for the normal version, not the Conclave one): 

Conclaveify Decoy
Decoy shoots using your Primary weapon, dealing 50% of its damage (modified by Strength) and shooting with 50% accuracy (modified by Range). Duration remains at 25 seconds.
(This would give the ability some basic offensive use, like its Conclave counterpart.)

Iron Skin-like survivability
Upon activation, the Decoy is invulnerable for 4 seconds, absorbing incoming damage and gaining health equal to that amount (modified by Strength or something else).
(This would give the Decoy some amount of survivability at any level.)

Explosion on Death - a synergy of sorts
Upon death or the end of its duration, the Decoy explodes, dealing damage based on its total health in a 2m area.
(The reason for this suggestion and its small area is to give it a synergy with Radial Disarm, as the explosion isn't likely to hit much unless enemies gather around it to hit it.)

Deceptive Bond
Outside of Conclave, this augment is changed to only transfer damage taken to the Decoy, not from the Decoy to Loki.
(As it currently is, the upside to this mod is largely undone depending on who the enemy is shooting at. Having it be a one-way thing would let players decide where they want the damage to go.)

(Not all of these suggestions need to be implemented, of course, but in the state Decoy is currently in, any of them would be a very much appreciated buff.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Basically, Conclave Decoy uses your Primary weapon and deals 50% of its damage with 30% accuracy (modified by Strength and Range respectively, according to the Wiki). The duration is only a second more than 1/5th of our normal Decoy, but that's irrelevant at the moment since the Decoy barely lives for a second under any non-low level fire. While simply making our normal Decoy work as the Conclave version would already be a buff, here's my full list of suggestions (for the normal version, not the Conclave one): 

Conclaveify Decoy
Decoy shoots using your Primary weapon, dealing 50% of its damage (modified by Strength) and shooting with 50% accuracy (modified by Range). Duration remains at 25 seconds.
(This would give the ability some basic offensive use, like its Conclave counterpart.)

Iron Skin-like survivability
Upon activation, the Decoy is invulnerable for 4 seconds, absorbing incoming damage and gaining health equal to that amount (modified by Strength or something else).
(This would give the Decoy some amount of survivability at any level.)

Explosion on Death - a synergy of sorts
Upon death or the end of its duration, the Decoy explodes, dealing damage based on its total health in a 2m area.
(The reason for this suggestion and its small area is to give it a synergy with Radial Disarm, as the explosion isn't likely to hit much unless enemies gather around it to hit it.)

Deceptive Bond
Outside of Conclave, this augment is changed to only transfer damage taken to the Decoy, not from the Decoy to Loki.
(As it currently is, the upside to this mod is largely undone depending on who the enemy is shooting at. Having it be a one-way thing would let players decide where they want the damage to go.)

(Not all of these suggestions need to be implemented, of course, but in the state Decoy is currently in, any of them would be a very much appreciated buff.)

Deceptive bond also needs a buff as of:

-Not only working within 14 meters

-Not having to have LoS of the decoy

it wouldn't hurt it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

I only use decoy to switch teleport

Yeah, speaking of that, it would also be an idea to combine Decoy and ST into one Press/Hold ability since they're kind of a duo, and ST only feels like half an ability. That would require Loki getting a new 3 though, so it'd be more of a frame rework than an ability one. Still, it's something I really want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Yeah, speaking of that, it would also be an idea to combine Decoy and ST into one Press/Hold ability since they're kind of a duo, and ST only feels like half an ability. That would require Loki getting a new 3 though, so it'd be more of a frame rework than an ability one. Still, it's something I really want.

If they made it one ability and came up with something else to round him out I would start playing him again. 

As it stands now he is in a weird kinda stealth place for me. His decoy and switch teleport are only used for getting into hard to reach places. His radial disarm works but it's not like I can spam it when it costs 100 energy (just starting zenurik). His invisibility duration is way too short and takes corrupted mods to reach 30 seconds. 

I would say they could make decoy as described with the added ability for you to switch places with him or a target with the decoy (with limits because switching allies could be grieving). Then his new 3rd ability could be more directly related to damage or defense with added synergy. 

Going with his trickster theme it could be an ability that translates a certain amount of damage done to loki as damage to a random enemy within a certain range. (duration ability 20-30 second base duration and refreshable).

So 50%-70% (capped at 90%) of damage done to him is ported to random enemy within 15-20m.

When radial disarm the damage ported is 200% (50-70% reduction still but the hits are twice as strong on the random enemy.)

When decoy, loki attacking his decoy is 200% to random enemy. (no damage is done to decoy by loki himself but it receives the 50-70% reduction from all other sources.)

Capped at 150% for bosses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, quxier said:

Why not infuse Mind control. /sarcasm

Amusingly enough, the suggestion in your thread is quite similar to how I wish Mind Control worked!

Basically, cast on an enemy and they become your ally. When they die (and they can since they're no longer invulnerable), the MC transfers to another enemy, and so it continues for the full ability duration. You can have up to 3 MC's going simultaneously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Amusingly enough, the suggestion in your thread is quite similar to how I wish Mind Control worked!

Basically, cast on an enemy and they become your ally. When they die (and they can since they're no longer invulnerable), the MC transfers to another enemy, and so it continues for the full ability duration. You can have up to 3 MC's going simultaneously.

Ha. Nice.

Well, I picked Decoy to change as Mind controlled enemy is not bad. I'm not sure if it's right to change behaviour of one ability to look like another and change another ability. In both cases ("transferable" thing being in DEcoy or Mind control)... I'm ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...