A Simple and Concise Hydroid Revamp

thecursedcometh

This is a revamp of Hydroid's abilities, giving him what many of the better frames have nowadays, such as armor strip, ally support, and crowd control capabilities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Hydroid
Speed: 1.15
Shield: 300
Energy: 200
Health: 375
Armor: 200
Subsumed Ability: Whirlpool
Passive: Every 10th enemy killed drops additional loot.
Weather (25): Emit a cloud of corrosive vapor around Hydroid, rapidly eroding enemy armor and shields.

• Duration: 6/12/18/24 s
  • Range: 10/20/30/40 m
  • Strength: 20/40/60/80 % armor and shields

Ionic Rain (Augment): Allies within range of Weather are cleansed of all status effects and are immune to status effects.
Whirlpool (50): Summon a violent vortex of water and sand around Hydroid, knocking nearby enemies off their feet and dragging them toward him.

• Duration: 3/6/9/12 s
  • Range: 5/10/15/20 m

Tempest (Augment): Enemies affected by Whirlpool are shocked, erupting in an Electric explosion on death equal to 2/4/6% of their maximum health.
Amorphous (25, 5 per second): Hydroid's body dissolved into water vapor for a short time, ignoring all attacks and absorbing all projectiles. After the effect, all projectiles absorbed are fired back in a circle with 200% damage. Hydroid ignores lasers and cameras in this form.

• Efficiency: 20/15/10/5 eps
  • Strength: 50/100/150/200 % damage reflected

Mimicry (Augment): Reflected projectiles change elements to match enemy weaknesses.
From The Depths (50, 3 per second): Summon a massive water avatar of Hydroid around him which mimics his movements. During this ability, Hydroid gains 50% damage reduction, is slowed by 40%, and is immune to status effects.

• Efficiency: 12/9/6/3 eps
  • Strength: 80/100/120/140 % base damage
  • Strength: 12/24/36/50 % damage reduction
  • Strength: 70/60/50/40 % slowed

Coral Barrier (Augment): Each enemy hit by From The Depths grants Hydroid 50 armor for 5/10/15 seconds after the ability ends.
Note: If you're familiar with Naruto, think about the Susanoo. Basically a bigger version of Hydroid.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Your rework is interesting. Allow me to give a personal criticism inherent in the 4th. In my opinion, it would be more appropriate to limit movement speed by 25% / 35% instead of limiting the use of weapons to melee only. Okay, melee are powerful, but it's a fairly recycled mechanic between concepts, and I personally find it more logical that one wearing massive water armor (because that's what it would be) would logically be limited in agility or movement speed. , rather than in the use of weapons, but it is my personal opinion.

2 hours ago, Enderman20 said:

Your rework is interesting. Allow me to give a personal criticism inherent in the 4th. In my opinion, it would be more appropriate to limit movement speed by 25% / 35% instead of limiting the use of weapons to melee only. Okay, melee are powerful, but it's a fairly recycled mechanic between concepts, and I personally find it more logical that one wearing massive water armor (because that's what it would be) would logically be limited in agility or movement speed. , rather than in the use of weapons, but it is my personal opinion.

I was originally thinking about that, and removed it because I was thinking along the lines of: water sliding on the floor would be fast. But you're right, limiting to melee is quite an overused concept. Changed the ability to include a movement reduction.

Archived