Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many Tenno Weapons are Left to Prime?

LarenaBot

Thinking about the future of Prime releases, every warframe after Harrow has at least one signature weapon to be built into their Prime Access.

But are we running out of options for the second item to go with them? If we assume that extant variants dont affect anything, by my count, we have the Attica, Magnus, Veldt, Strun, Gunsen, Lacera, and... like ten S#&$ty swords I guess (Dark Sword, Ether Sword, Plasma Sword, et al)

Wonder if DE has some big Tenno Weapon expansion planned so that Prime Acess avoids being Signature Weapon + Sword after a few more

My theory is that they will give every new frame three weapons, with the third one being a potential for another Warframe's prime access. In addition to left over stuff from the Tenno lab like the Gunsen and Veldt.

Or they will make up new prime weapons like what they did with Reaper Prime, Euphona Prime and Dakra Prime.

Meh, I always thought that Tenno weapons are weapons designed specifically for Warframes. A part of those would be Orokin in origin, but not necessarily.

So in my mind all Orokin weapons are Tenno weapons, but not all Tenno weapons are Orokin weapons. But Maybe I'm mistaken.

The use of "Tenno" weapons is a mistake really, because it says nothing about the actual origin of the weapon. My guess is that this is a remnant of the story shift of the second dream that was never fixed. If all Tenno weapons are of Orokin make, then they should be called Orokin weapons and not use the old reference. Or maybe I should just accept that they are one and the same and move on.

45 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Meh, I always thought that Tenno weapons are weapons designed specifically for Warframes. A part of those would be Orokin in origin, but not necessarily.

So in my mind all Orokin weapons are Tenno weapons, but not all Tenno weapons are Orokin weapons. But Maybe I'm mistaken.

The use of "Tenno" weapons is a mistake really, because it says nothing about the actual origin of the weapon. My guess is that this is a remnant of the story shift of the second dream that was never fixed. If all Tenno weapons are of Orokin make, then they should be called Orokin weapons and not use the old reference.

You're not wrong in thinking that some weapons designed by the Orokin were made for non-Tenno use because there are some example of such. The Quellor for example was used by Dax railjack crew and there is also the Orvius which is Teshin's personal glaive. Tenno weapons as a term however is very much a real thing in the game. Its not really expanded upon much in the game but several weapon bear the notion of having been crafted by Tenno gunsmiths such as the Tiberon or Sybaris. DE have also never really expanded upon why there are non-prime variants of prime weapons, we just know that primes are the first original design by the Orokin. The reason for non-primes may be that as the Tenno developed as a culture and became a group of their own, they might have wished to distance themselves from their Orokin ancestry/origins. Especially since they were responsible for bringing down the Orokin empire. Lack of resources during the Old War or the Collapse might also have led to the Tenno to making their own equipment. Whatever the reason however, Tenno weapons as a group term is very much a thing that is real and has a reason to be.

They've still got a decent list of old Tenno weapons to go through at least. All those crappy swords are indeed crappy and weird, but when they're Primed they'll get high-tier stats and a flashy redesign, so hopefully Plasma Sword or Magnus Prime will be palatable. I just hope we get Furis Prime as a single gun for that tasty augment.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we see Prime Arch-guns in the future. That feels like a niche that could easily be capitalised on.

And if they do manage to hit that deadline, they can always just Prime other factions' weapons, and write a blurb about how the enemy reverse-engineered the Prime design or something. Pretty much everyone was fine with it back when the Braton was a Corpus weapon.

3 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

What are Orokin weapons?

Primes, Warframes, The Sentients, even The Infestation.
Note: Not all of those...ok well, none of those remained under their control; but they did originate from the Orokin.

3 hours ago, chaotea said:

Even if the did, its likely the would make prime versions or grineer or corpus weapons, as if these were the 'original' versions and the corpus / grineer ones were copies.

THANK YOU!

No really, how about, just a thought, maaaaaaybe we finally dispel this stupid myth, of how Grineer and Corpus weapons aren't allowed to have Primes, because hur dur ''reasons''.

In lore - all current major functions, were more or less slaves to the Orokin; not just Tenno, but Grineer and Corpus too. So weather they wanted to or not, they used Orokin gear, including weaponry. Wupty do, Tenno pull a revolt, Orokin go extinct, this probably included the weaponsmiths and now all orokin tech somehow becomes a buried relic.
New chapter: Everyone is now free to design their own stuff, perhaps taking inspiration or outright copying orokin design from memory...ooooor; There is this mission type, Excavation, ye heard of it? Surely you didn't think we are the only people in Sole who have mining equipment, right? Mayhaps ze Corpus stumble upon an Orokin relic while digging around, a Prime if you will. Hipity hopity, some research later and *boom* - Opticor Prime.

You know you want it, so stop denying it existence by perpetuating a lie!

I mainly want the older ones to get Primed first. off the top of my head the main ones I want to see are

Attica Prime

AkMagnus Prime (don't waste our time with the single Magnus DE, dual or nothing please).

Tonbo Prime

Dual Zorens Prime

Dual Ether Prime

Ether Reaper Prime (not the same as Reaper Prime, Ether Reaper looks like an Axe)

just about all of the newer weapons are still likely to get primed at some point, especially when we get to frames with only one Signature weapon; so I'm not worried about them, but these are weapons we've had for YEARS and still have no variants whatsoever!

Short answer: a lot. 

As for who made what when, well, the fact is when it comes to small arms there really isn't anything new under the sun. It's been done before. Now, if you really did have nano-fueled weapons, that'd be new, but only briefly. Once it's an established technology, it'll be iterated on quickly and pervasively. That's pretty much the history of small arms. 

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

No really, how about, just a thought, maaaaaaybe we finally dispel this stupid myth, of how Grineer and Corpus weapons aren't allowed to have Primes, because hur dur ''reasons''.

Yea, i like to think that we could see some that are, if not direct precursors, then some sort of ansestor or concept that inspired the latter weapon.

There's 320 entries under "Tenno Weapon" and 120 under "Prime Weapon" in the wiki.  At least half of each are duplicate entries, and some of Tenno weapons wouldn't qualify, e.g., MK1.  I'm not going to count them all the qualified non-Primed by hand, but let's just say there's many dozens, or a bunch.  On top of that, they can add more through Tenno Reinforcements or whatever way they want.  On top of that...it's not like they're actually limited to Tenno Weapons.  It's DE's patterns, and they'll break them if it pleases them to do so.

I will say that I find the latest pattern of priming signature weapons to be pretty irritating though, as I prefer less certainty.  And so many of my personal favorites like Talons, Kestrel, Okina, Veldt, Endura aren't signature weapons, so their primes have receded further into "Perhaps Never".

8 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Don't know how close to the lore DE will stick, but Tenno weapons should not be primed. Only Orokin weapons.

True Orokin weapons are Jade Light blasters and... Jade Light blasters. That's about it, really

• 4 weeks later...
Am 21.5.2021 um 16:55 schrieb AuroraSonicBoom:

Still can't forgive DE for first releasing a crossbow that numerically and mechanically outclasses my Attica, but then also priming it first.

dont lose hope. zhuge prime might not stay on its throne...attica prime might turn out better, who knows. lets hope.....and then nagantaka prime comes around laughing.

On 2021-05-21 at 10:58 AM, RazerXPrime said:

Don't know how close to the lore DE will stick, but Tenno weapons should not be primed. Only Orokin weapons.

DE threw the lore in the bin shortly after 2013, its no longer relevant.

On 2021-05-21 at 2:30 PM, AlphaPHENIX said:

Only 'reasons' we have for this 'myth' are the following:

1. No grineer/corpus/infested/sentient produced weapons have thus far been Primed.

2. DE outright stated, along with the statements of 'every Warframe has a Prime' that 'Tenno' weapons are cut-down/mass-produced/part-reproduced versions of the original Orokin tech. Therefore, like every Warframe has a Prime, every Tenno weapon has a Prime, somewhere. In theory.

So...

On 2021-05-21 at 9:58 AM, RazerXPrime said:

If DE are sticking to their own Lore, then it's most likely that only Tenno weapons will get Primes.

But.

That said? Since Sentients, Grineer, Corpus and Infestation were all originally subject to, or created by, the Orokin, it's possible that those weapons could have an Orokin equivalent somewhere and will maybe get a Prime.

A great example is that Sentient tech has already been Primed: The Sentinels are technically Sentients, the Tenno discovered them on some moon somewhere, and their lore is that they're similar tech to the Sentients. Although DE could argue that there's a difference between the Sentinel tech and the Sentient tech too.

I wouldn't be averse to some of these weapons getting shiny gold versions, but it's just another skin in that regard.

5 hours ago, Aratir said:

DE threw the lore in the bin shortly after 2013, its no longer relevant.

People (That Guy) keep saying this, but it's demonstrably not so. You might not like some of the twists and turns the lore takes, but keep in mind DE likes presenting everything from the imperfect observer viewpoint. Why they do this is up for debate, but this is what they've always done and will presumably continue to do. 

Prime weapons were those made during the height of the empire for use with the warframes. Tenno weapons are stripped down wartime production variants. Primes are the originals. 

Grineer and corpus weapons all are newer weapons than prime weapons. These polities didn't exist during the Great War, though they had predecessors. Something did exist for the dax and original grineer troops--we've seen it in the CGI trailer--but they weren't weapons meant for warframes. Now there we may see something modern grineer weapons were based on, but they were cannon fodder in a quite literal sense so it's doubtful too much effort was expended on them. Ballas himself makes this point in the Banshee Prime trailer.

There will have been some technology drift since the Great War, but it'll be mostly confined to the corpus--and that being reinventing energy weapons. What we've seen so far, though, indicates stagnation--at least until the corpus started to research sentient technology. Here we'll see new stuff. 

23 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Only 'reasons' we have for this 'myth' are the following:

1. No grineer/corpus/infested/sentient produced weapons have thus far been Primed.

2. DE outright stated, along with the statements of 'every Warframe has a Prime' that 'Tenno' weapons are cut-down/mass-produced/part-reproduced versions of the original Orokin tech. Therefore, like every Warframe has a Prime, every Tenno weapon has a Prime, somewhere. In theory.

So...

reeee, another one

1. This is just saying ''Why yes?'' to ''Why not?'' and I am bloody of tired of it.

2. All this is saying is that every Tenno weapon has a Prime (which ya, sure), it does nothing to disprove that weapons of other factions can have a Prime.

So - get better arguments.

55 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

1. This is just saying ''Why yes?'' to ''Why not?'' and I am bloody of tired of it.

Alpha?

On 2021-06-16 at 11:19 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

If DE are sticking to their own Lore, then it's most likely that only Tenno weapons will get Primes.

But.

That said? Since Sentients, Grineer, Corpus and Infestation were all originally subject to, or created by, the Orokin, it's possible that those weapons could have an Orokin equivalent somewhere and will maybe get a Prime.

A great example is that Sentient tech has already been Primed: The Sentinels are technically Sentients, the Tenno discovered them on some moon somewhere, and their lore is that they're similar tech to the Sentients. Although DE could argue that there's a difference between the Sentinel tech and the Sentient tech too.

I wouldn't be averse to some of these weapons getting shiny gold versions, but it's just another skin in that regard.

Please don't cherry pick things to reeeee at?

I'm not saying no just to say no, I'm saying that DE have said no so far. So far.

Which is why it's not a 'myth', it's an actual stated reason. Even if you don't agree with it.

Archived