Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Prime: Update 30.3 PC QOL Preview!

[DE]Rebecca

Probably not a thing but I would love it if our on call Lich can like intercept our enemy Lich. Doing wrestling moves, tackling them if they grab us, and etc.

Oh and a personal opinion, I would love it if the back breaking animation came back as a level 5 lich thing... kinda a waste to just scrap it.

Dont wannabe the party pooper

But when do you guys plan too add actual gameplay content?

melee feel clunky and useless now beside glaives

a lot of frames are dull

AI still doesnt exist

augment must updated for a lot of frames  

statut system is weird and really not rewarding (please try to play hades or something?)

we really need new or refreshed in game system

much love                                                                                              

New Tenno here.  Literally not a single one of these things will benefit me as a new player and I doubt it will help any othersMore than 600k credits can be easily burned just by upgrading mods and buying blueprints to craft weapons.

If you want an idea of the devaluation of credits compared to costs, just remove 3 zeroes from your credits, add a dollar sign, and say 'that is all the money you can survive on for 30 days'.

If the devs are being sincere in starting new player accounts and playing 'from scratch' as F2P, then please livestream it.  Turn off receiving any gifts and solo everything by yourselves until at least Jupiter.  If that is done then I'll concede this point completely.

For everything else, I'm apathetic.  It is ok, I guess.  Will look over the patch notes to see the full story when it drops.

If DE honestly wants to know what New Tenno feel about the game, it wouldn't hurt to ask.  Send a survey via e-mail with a (small) untradeable plat reward (or a blue and orange potato).  Something to show they actually care what new players think.  A game without new blood will quickly die off in the face of competition.  A developer will always have a different perspective than most players will have by virtue of being 'on the inside' and automagically knowing how things work (combining elements to make Gas or Magnetic or whatever reactions on weapons, for instance.

You wanna instantly make newbies happy?  Potatoes.  Make them rain.  A golden and blue potato on EVERY junction would do quite well.  Maybe even be generous enough to throw in some weapon and warframe slots along with it.  That kind of stuff would help far more than a meager amount of credits.

Even WITH the 3 free weapons (and weapon slots) received during the recent '8th Year Anniversary' event, I still find myself forced to sell awesome weapons I enjoy for credits to make room for stuff I haven't mastered yet.  That REALLY sucks and I'm not at the point where I can easily 'earn platinum' on a player-driven person to person trade system where I can be scammed (via chargebacks) and risk an account ban because DE will punish the victim to 'encourage' using real money instead.

WarFrames are also a major issue with slots being stingy to obtain without shelling real money.  With the starting platinum being untradeable, I don't see much reason to keep it at 50 plat instead of the old 200+ plat back in the day.  Let newbies get themselves a few WarFrame and Weapon slots so they WANT to stay in the game instead of just quitting when they hit a wall.

I honestly don't know why WarFrame and Weapon slots are even a thing.  Are the other monetization methods not making DE enough money?  Is Tencent not paying the bills often enough?  Imagine a F2P Pokemon game but you have to pay for a 'slot' every time you catch a new Pokemon otherwise you can't use it and you only start off with 3 of them which is half of a full team.  Others tell you 'git gud' or other nonsense and anyone you trade with for premium currency (lets call em PokeCoins) risks scamming you and getting your account banned through no fault of your own.

This is the reality a lot of new players face.  Collect all the things but you have to pay for each individual inventory slot.  Enjoy.

15 hours ago, DaMasque said:

Oh and a personal opinion, I would love it if the back breaking animation came back as a level 5 lich thing... kinda a waste to just scrap it.

At the very least, it should be one of the Lich's grapple moves if they catch you breaking social distancing.

It would be awesome to get lifted into the air, take a Back Breaker, and then thrown away like a candy wrapper

16 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

With the lack of moddability of Liches, players are still not gonna swap their overpowered syndicate crew members with inferior liches. Please make their weapons moddable please, or if storage is an issue, let us swap their weapons with another Kuva weapon we have in the arsenal.

20 hours ago, (XBOX)HollowCube987 said:

I'm not sure if my 47% impact Kuva Kraken lich can compete with my Rivened 6 Forma Sicarus Prime crewmate with full Combat Competency in terms of damage,

24 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

That REALLY sucks and I'm not at the point where I can easily 'earn platinum' on a player-driven person to person trade system where I can be scammed (via chargebacks) and risk an account ban because DE will punish the victim to 'encourage' using real money instead.

Stuff like that happens pretty rare nowadays, but if you want to be safe, here is what I usually do :

• Before you make the trade screenshot it. It will help you a ton if get the negative plat balance. These screenshots can be used as proof for support if you do happen to get banned.
  • After making the trade, do not spend the plat immediately. Wait for a week or two, then you can start spending it.

Thank you very much for all railjack fixes and fortuna and command/crew changes (among other changes)! Those are really appreciated.

(It helps me so much so I think I will go look for buying a gunner/pilot again, or who knows, maybe even a pilot with some defence skills for when the pilot's seat is taken, after I just recently totally ditched and replaced the formerly almost useless very bothering pilot in order to get those points in a more useful skill.)

I hope it goes relatively bug free and eagerly waiting for the patch to drop. Hope no launcher issues by then, off course, too.

Basically, thank you for the patch and good luck :)

These """"upgrades""" to the UI, when what the game needs is a complete fresh start with functionality and usability for the players as focus (instead of the current one that can only be assumed to be "it's preeeety and shiiiiiny!!!"), always makes me think of that old saying "you can't polish a turd."

20 hours ago, Daken333 said:

we do have more in game ranks, just not enough weapons/warframes to get there 

He's talking about clan ranks as you can see in the SS he provided

15 hours ago, DaMasque said:

Probably not a thing but I would love it if our on call Lich can like intercept our enemy Lich. Doing wrestling moves, tackling them if they grab us, and etc

Honestly, this sounds fun, battle of the titans. Like physical attacks cause on call crews are just like specters attacking with guns nbd. But would be fun to see these animations, assuming they work, cause I've every kuva weapon in the game and despite killing all those liches I've never seen one single functionally perfect kill animation. 

18 hours ago, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

Railjack would be an almost perfect thing, if you didn't remove Gian Point. I really just want a node where i can fly around and just kill stuff without ever leaving my Railjack, i think that was the reason a lot of us played it. It was just fun.

I lost count how many times I've brought this up after railjack retrofit update. The way you "force" people to do normal missions in railjack by calling it core gameplay integration is really annoying if I'm being honest. To me railjack was something different from core gameplay and that's why I went to play it, it was clunky and needed reform but instead of improving it you just made it into normal star chart missions? Point? Going from one mission to another mission was the point of orbiter and now you put it to railjack, only this time you've to manually go to the nodes to do missions like defence exterm, etc. There isn't one single railjack exclusive mission, not one. This is still gonna be ignored by the team cause hardly they listen to what players actually want. When I thought they bringing exterminate, defense to railjack honestly I was excited cause I thought you'll do all those things with your railjack just like they did with archwing missions,but to my disappointment. 

14 hours ago, sixmille said:

I'm not sure it's a good idea to give new players nearly 1M credits, it delays the need to socialize and use the in-game chat, it creates drones not players who are invested in the game because they bond with others and use all the tools at their disposal.

They only get the credits by completing the Junctions.  They have to earn it.

13 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

With the lack of moddability of Liches, players are still not gonna swap their overpowered syndicate crew members with inferior liches. Please make their weapons moddable please, or if storage is an issue, let us swap their weapons with another Kuva weapon we have in the arsenal.

^This. I can understand them not using other weapons due to potential clipping/animation issues, but at least let us equip them with kuva weapons since they have the rigging!

Apart from that, some much needed QOL. Can never have enough QOL :clem:

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

QOL Area 2: UI

When will the relics selection screens ever get vaulted status migrated over to an icon from the current cumbersome mouseover+tab system that is currently implmemented here? Seems there was a great stride in making Friends and Clan screens all on screen all at once, but this problem continues to exist since the relic UI revamp many mainlines ago?

11 hours ago, Eyymily said:

Hey, how about the next time you want to overhaul UI for no reason, you overhaul recruiting and trading so we're not spamming an IRC chat like some caveman from 2001

Use the filters. That's what they're there for and work well.

If you're just selling to anyone, you don't need to worry. If you're buying or trying to look for people buying specific things, you filter for those things. If there are people that are posting the same wall of text about 20 different overpriced 'god' rivens over and over or trying to scam people with low bulk buy prices, add them to your ignore list.

Same on recruiting, when you want to crack certain relics, filter by A1, G3, or the name of the frame or weapon you're hoping to crack. Otherwise filter for ESO, Steel Essence, Index, or whatever else you want to farm.

@Daedalus007 I remember the time I started pretty well. I was always low on credits and guess what, I had to work for them. 600k is a lot when you start and by the time you need expansions in all kinds of slots, you will be quite some hours into the game. Which is, for a f2p, very generous with the free stuff you can get.
So either you spend time and work for the stuff you want or you spend money (to buy plat, which can come at a discount or you get the small option every now and then instead of having to pay monthly sub to even play). And if one can't spend money, there is a market where plat can be traded. Nightwave also grants you free slots and credits for potats. The options are all there, but it's up to you which you use.
To get MR, clearing nodes was a good choice for example.
You don't have to pay in this game to win, but getting plat every now and then lets you get some luxuries which improve your qol.

If new players all take after you, there's no way DE can satisfy them.

Edit: And no, I'm not a DE fanboy. They messed up enough in other areas.

22 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You can also end Contracts with the Crew Members that are not equipped from here.

Can we get an option to remove converted Liches as well? Only way to get rid of them is to try to sell off to another player.

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

Use the filters. That's what they're there for and work well.

If you're just selling to anyone, you don't need to worry. If you're buying or trying to look for people buying specific things, you filter for those things. If there are people that are posting the same wall of text about 20 different overpriced 'god' rivens over and over or trying to scam people with low bulk buy prices, add them to your ignore list.

Same on recruiting, when you want to crack certain relics, filter by A1, G3, or the name of the frame or weapon you're hoping to crack. Otherwise filter for ESO, Steel Essence, Index, or whatever else you want to farm.

Yes, I could mess with the filters and manually spam every time i want to sell/buy something or find a group,

OR i could dump all my stuff on warframe market, list all my relics on a discord server and do other stuff while waiting for market DMs or a relic to get a full squad

Archived