Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Nidus and Night Wave Hints

(PSN)nuttin_but_trubl

So I'm a very avid Nidus player and recently I was thinking. The night wave seems like it's almost leaking a possibility at Nidus umbra. And I feel like it's a strong possibility for him to get his umbra instead of a primed version. Due to the fact that Nidus is allegedly the prototype to Excalibur. He's a Warframe where the infestation was dominant over the host making him "alive" instead of a robot zombie like our other Warframes. Plus how would they even make him primed? All the umbra mods work perfectly on him and his weapons and he's a very "Symbiotic" Warframe possibly leading him and the operator to work more closely together and buff each other as well as the helminth charger. He's got alot of promise for being umbra. And lets all look at the rewards for Night Wave like a message instead of a pool.  Just some random thoughts for my favorite Warframe.

Every warframe will have a prime according to DE

Nidus is not "proto excalibur", is not a prototype and also doesn't have any relation with excalibur

Umbra mods works on a lot of frames, not just umbra and nidus (you have frost, inaros, valkyr, wukong... the list goes on)

Nightwave infested items are from series 2, wich was infested themed: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nightwave/Series_2

But think about how Nidus means the origin of infection. One would assume he is the progenitor to the infestation itself. We truthfully know very little of where anything came from we just know why we came to be. Nidus would have to be the first Warframe or maybe not even a Warframe all together he is simply infestation. 

And while we are on the topic of the origin of the infestation would what's on Deimos be its own form of infested life all together it even appears to grow out of the void as if the infestation itself is a greater entity and what we see of it though may appear to be individuals in reality actually be some greater life form that exists outside of our reality?

if we have other umbria frames that will leave excalibur the odd one out again and we already heard the founders were only gonna be able to get him if DE made another umbria frame people will wine about excalibur prime so excalibur umbria is DE giving players a prime ish version of excalibur while alowing the founders to keep their trophy so i hope the next teir of frames is not umbria but something else so the commuinty will consider excalibur umbria as excalibur prime and stop winning about the founders pack

and for the last post i think theres more going on on deimos than people are thinking of ......the infested are a hive mind why do fass and vomb fight are they not of the same mind and in the iso bountys why do we need to protect a juginought from other infested? are the infested not a hive mind (its like your left arm deciding it wants to destroy your right arm even though you control them both) so why are infested fighting amung themselves (also seen a anchent and a charger VS a leaper and no there was no radiation proc affecting any of them) so if there is a second infested entity that might be causing the conflict as the 2 hive minds are fighting for control of the whole infested hive

• 1 month later...
On 2021-05-22 at 5:15 AM, (PSN)nuttin_but_trubl said:

Due to the fact that Nidus is allegedly the prototype to Excalibur.

Citation needed.

On 2021-05-22 at 5:15 AM, (PSN)nuttin_but_trubl said:

All the umbra mods work perfectly on him and his weapons and he's a very "Symbiotic" Warframe possibly leading him and the operator to work more closely together and buff each other as well as the helminth charger.

Umbra mods work on every frame.

On 2021-05-22 at 6:59 AM, (PSN)nuttin_but_trubl said:

But think about how Nidus means the origin of infection. One would assume he is the progenitor to the infestation itself. We truthfully know very little of where anything came from we just know why we came to be. Nidus would have to be the first Warframe or maybe not even a Warframe all together he is simply infestation. 

Again, citation needed, stop making things up, nidus was an old war relic, that's all we know.

Also, umbra having actual sentience is meant to be a specific punishment by ballas for snitching on him, just because muh infestation doesn't mean that it's going to be an umbra, ALL WARFRAMES ARE INFESTED.

On 2021-05-22 at 2:45 AM, (PSN)nuttin_but_trubl said:

how would they even make him primed?

by slapping some gold and infestation elements on a warframe.

we've seen similar design language done on saryn prime.

let's see... make nidus umbra, which means making a whole new story quest for him, writing, voice acting, mocap, actually putting all those stuff into the game. which players can play and get for free.

or make nidus prime, which means less work, and they can sell a new prime access. make money, git biches.

really hard choice, guys... if i'm DE i really won't be able to decide... there's just no clear winner there.

Archived