Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So when is DE gonna make the loot pool indevidual instead of it being for everyone in the squad?

-Just_Hunter-

Just now, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Loot doesn’t have a set lifetime. Rather, there is a set amount of drops that can be present at a given time. 
So for example, let’s say the loot cap is 100 consecutive items, and that 70 items have dropped after an essence drop (i.e. steel essence is the 1st item, and we are currently on the 71st item).

If 30 more items drop without any of the previous ones being collected, the first item (the steel essence in our example) gets deleted.

If 25 items are collected (chosen arbitrarily), then 30 more items drop, the the steel essence will not despawn as you are still under the drop limit.

So what you can do is carefully manipulate the amount of loot drops present to make sure the steel essence doesn’t despawn.

I understand how it works but SE farm is terrible now. With 5minutes between acolyte spawns you are pushing the limit asking for loot to despawn. It's a calculated risk and OP got burned. OP also knew the mechanics and still failed to pick up loot. 

Back when SE farm was good I wouldn't run fetch and gather all the trash loot while SE piled up. It was worth the risk then because you could get like 8 SE drops and a double buff. Now i don't even try to farm SE it's not worth it. 

15 minutes ago, dkgaming1010 said:

i was doing the smeeta meta which is where you dont pick up the SE until you get your affinity boost (as mentioned earlier) without it, it wouldnt really be worth your time, because at one hour spent you only get 30k kuva when i can get 120k kuva instead with the smeeta method. And the true reason why im using this method is because DE has nerfed SE farming so much so that you barely get any kuva for it to be worth your time. You have to sit and spend 4 hours farming without the smeeta method just to get the same amount as the smeeta method does in one hour.

Yes I got that part quite clearly.

The problem is you are are demanding code changes to a loot system that is structurally sound for the majority of other players

All because you got burned by not properly mitigating your risk in a "use at your own risk" strategy.

Just now, Eyn_Sof said:

That is actually false smeeta gives double buff so you only potentially cut down the time in two, that's not counting the fact that it's a chance that smeeta procs the specific buff or at all. Also the SE drop was nerfed exactly because of this and nekros and other loot frames.

so yeah its like playing the lottery but you have a way higher chance of getting the affinity buff and then we have all of the SE laying around and then it kinda just runs up

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

So, when earlier you said that you were picking up all your loot, this was not actually the case.  You let it sit around, hoping that you would be able to double your rewards.  Well, you lost on that gamble.  That's what happens sometimes when you gamble.  You win some, you lose some.  This time, you lost.  The lesson here is to not push your luck.

no thats not the problem the problem is that it only despawned because of my freind had to go afk because he had to go the toilet, and then when we reached the loot cap because he didnt pick up his loot because he was afk, so all of the SE started to despawn even for me , and thats the whole point Im trying make, it shouldnt be despawning for everybody just because one person in the squad isnt picking up their loot.

4 minutes ago, dkgaming1010 said:

no thats not the problem the problem is that it only despawned because of my freind had to go afk because he had to go the toilet, and then when we reached the loot cap because he didnt pick up his loot because he was afk, so all of the SE started to despawn even for me , and thats the whole point Im trying make, it shouldnt be despawning for everybody just because one person in the squad isnt picking up their loot.

So were you, or were you not picking up the steel essence?  You said you were picking it all up, but you also said you were letting it sit in the hopes of a buff.  Which is it?  If you were picking it up, then it doesn't get removed from your inventory when it despawns for everyone else.  If you weren't picking it up, that's entirely on you.

So which is it?  Were you picking it up, or not?

14 minutes ago, Aesthier said:

Yes I got that part quite clearly.

The problem is you are are demanding code changes to a loot system that is structurally sound for the majority of other players

All because you got burned by not properly mitigating your risk in a "use at your own risk" strategy.

Yeah i know im taking a risk but thats the whole point it shouldnt have come to this point of people having to take a risk for farming something efficently in this game, and yes its a big thing to demand from a single person but im not even one of the people that has left the game because there isnt anything for riven traders like me to do, expect you gueesed it farm kuva but its nearly impossible to do it efficiently.

8 minutes ago, dkgaming1010 said:

it shouldnt be despawning for everybody just because one person in the squad isnt picking up their loot.

It isn't.

All loot has a timer on it from when it hits the ground. Others have pointed this out to you.

Just now, Aesthier said:

It isn't.

All loot has a timer on it from when it hits the ground. Others have pointed this out to you.

which it dosnt have i can prove this once more and if you dont belive me you can add me ingame and we can take a 2 hour mission and the first drop SE will still be there (if you remeber to pick up your other loot) which points back to the fact that it should be changed.

I sympathise with your frustrations, the situation you were in, and trying to farm SE in general. Especially since I think a few people misunderstand your message and point. 

That being said, DE probably won't change how their loot cap/system works, because they seem more concerned with the issue of AFK farming. At the moment, as far as I am aware, engaging with this strategy, that being leaving SE around for a while, to wait for a Smeeta buff, before collecting, is best done solo. Being a good friend sure... but that frustration can't really be levied against DE as a strong motivation for them to fix things in your favour. Though I again understand why you would want this. Yeah its unfair that your friends bathroom break meant you missed out after doing hard work... but like... thats the risk with such strategies. That particular strategy isn't probably one that DE is particularly fond of, its kind of counter intuitive to a 'natural play style' (this is loot... oh wait avoid the loot for 30 mins till your cat goes meow...) and just exists because we are trying to be as efficient/optimal as possible, so coming in from that angle... 

Basically just do it solo, which can be risky, its not too hard to pick up either, your friend will have to do it on their own too, if thats what they want/desire! 

Good luck either way! 

7 hours ago, EnwoQ said:

1) goes afk for 40min
2) doesn't pick up loot

Blames dev and demands new coding

How about not going afk and pick up the loot

my freind wasnt afk for 40 minutes he was only gone for 2-4 minutes thats it and that made us reach the shared loot cap and that made the SE despawn because it was the oldest loot on the ground. So yeah we werent afk farming please consider reading through the topic again

So you created your own problem by leaving loot on the ground and afking and come here to find a solution? Its simple, pick up the loot from immedietly and play the game instead of afk. That will be 4,99$ for the tip.

There is this "new method" of farming SE on the internet which is based on killing the acolyte in one place (without picking up the Steel Essence) and then killing the survival enemies in another place while waiting for a (double) Smeeta pick-up buff. Only then do you run and pick-up the SE. It is nothing new (the mechanics have been in the game for ages), and I have no idea why anyone would call it "meta".

In order to generate 4X Steel Essence you have to wait for a double Smeeta pick-up buff, which means you have roughly 50% chance of getting one buff every 6,5 minutes and then a one-in-five chance to get another Smeeta buff before that one runs out. All this time you have to keep the amount of total loot on the map so low that the pile of SE doesn't despawn.

Like so many other "methods" in the giant Warframe sandbox the Smeeta-method works, if handled correctly and if you have enough luck (since it is quite RNG-dependent). If you are unlucky you will not get the buffs needed for the expected reward, and if you mess up you will lose all your loot. What I fail to see is why that should be DE's fault, since this is an "almost-exploit" figured out by the community (years ago, long before Tek mods and before there was any SE in the game). DE should get a standing ovation for leaving all these "tricks" and "almost-exploits" as part of game (since they are part of what makes Warframe a great game), not demands to make them idiot-proof to use. 

vor 11 Stunden schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

If your friend is going 40+ minutes afk while you are farming... WHAT?!

I often see something like "H SE farm semi-afk" in chat.
what are they playing the game for anyway? there are good bots for other games. and I haven't seen one here.

1 hour ago, herflik said:

So you created your own problem by leaving loot on the ground and afking and come here to find a solution? Its simple, pick up the loot from immedietly and play the game instead of afk. That will be 4,99$ for the tip.

im not afk farming im just trying to make the game a bit more efficient so i dont have waste my whole day getting the same amount that i could get within 2 hours this way yeah i know its a gamble but for the love of god dont start to play smart and read the whole topic before ;)

16 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

I often see something like "H SE farm semi-afk" in chat.
what are they playing the game for anyway? there are good bots for other games. and I haven't seen one here.

yeah i have seen them to but i dont wanna afk farm it because that make me fell like i dont deserve the things i farmed

49 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

There is this "new method" of farming SE on the internet which is based on killing the acolyte in one place (without picking up the Steel Essence) and then killing the survival enemies in another place while waiting for a (double) Smeeta pick-up buff. Only then do you run and pick-up the SE. It is nothing new (the mechanics have been in the game for ages), and I have no idea why anyone would call it "meta".

In order to generate 4X Steel Essence you have to wait for a double Smeeta pick-up buff, which means you have roughly 50% chance of getting one buff every 6,5 minutes and then a one-in-five chance to get another Smeeta buff before that one runs out. All this time you have to keep the amount of total loot on the map so low that the pile of SE doesn't despawn.

Like so many other "methods" in the giant Warframe sandbox the Smeeta-method works, if handled correctly and if you have enough luck (since it is quite RNG-dependent). If you are unlucky you will not get the buffs needed for the expected reward, and if you mess up you will lose all your loot. What I fail to see is why that should be DE's fault, since this is an "almost-exploit" figured out by the community (years ago, long before Tek mods and before there was any SE in the game). DE should get a standing ovation for leaving all these "tricks" and "almost-exploits" as part of game (since they are part of what makes Warframe a great game), not demands to make them idiot-proof to use. 

yeah its almost an exploit but why have we turned to doing exploits in the game to make it some what a reasonable farm? because they nerfed it and then just a little code change from their side they have some what reduced the nerf to SE farming and would make it some what viabel again

this may be a woosh on my part but how does individual loot pool cap change anything?

if someone kills an enimy it drops 1 thing for each player to pickup just for an example say the cap is 10 if there is 10 items on the ground it deletes the oldest when another item gets droped if DE makes it individual loot cap what will the difference be? enimys will still be dropping loot at the same rate so everyones loot on the floor will still be in sync so even if your freind is afk on his screen enimys will still be dropping loot just as on your screen whether its squad loot cap or individual cap what would the difference be items will still disapear when new ones spawn if you pick it up you have collected it and even when you pick it up the game still recognises the loot on floor (the coloured mark) so you can mark it for team members who havent picked it up 

how game is you kill enimy = loot on floor squad 1 / cap what your asking for is : kill enimy = loot on floor p1 1 / cap      loot on floor p2   1 / cap  and if you kill another the loot on floor for everyone will all go up at the same time at the same rate so will still be deleted in the same order squad pool cap and individual pool cap would make no difference as enimy drops are syncronised across everyones screen

even if we separate the pools those glowing marks still count as drops so the oldest drops will always be cleaned up when new ones spawn

vor 4 Stunden schrieb dkgaming1010:

yeah i have seen them to but i dont wanna afk farm it because that make me fell like i dont deserve the things i farmed

it's not about what you deserve or not!
it's about important things like: if you don't want to play, why pay the money for bots and good macros?
it is absolutely pointless and time-wasting!

17 minutes ago, LustreOfHavoc said:

Man, this whole thread is a waste of time... The OP doesn't know what they are talking about and made several mistakes that they are trying to blame someone else for.

okay so come with your argument because im pretty sure i know more about this than you

Archived