Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I seriously need help contacting support

LustreOfHavoc

How am I supposed to contact support if I cannot log into the Warframe site to contact the support team, and the password reset email won't come. I've been trying for like three weeks now to figure out a way to contact support. I've messaged some moderators on these forums, messaged devs on Twitter, tried to email DE themselves. No one replies and will help me. What can I do at this point? This is utterly ridiculous that I can't recover my account.

I wish I could help. I went through same thing.

Made a topic suggesting they allow two options for two factor authentication like microsoft does so that if you lose one you can use the other. What else can one do but suggest a better alternative and let it ride.

My worry is that the email isn't coming because someone broke into my account and changed it or something. I spent a decent amount of money on my account, so I would rather not have someone going in and taking everything.

If the email isn't coming because of an error on their end, that makes this all the more frustrating. They should be having someone checking to make sure that stuff works every week or so.

6 hours ago, LustreOfHavoc said:

How am I supposed to contact support if I cannot log into the Warframe site to contact the support team, and the password reset email won't come. I've been trying for like three weeks now to figure out a way to contact support. I've messaged some moderators on these forums, messaged devs on Twitter, tried to email DE themselves. No one replies and will help me. What can I do at this point? This is utterly ridiculous that I can't recover my account.

If you can login to the forums you can log into the support. Not sure about the password reset when you can log into the forums already.

Try this link. https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and just login like you do on the forums, they're the same account.

27 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

If you can login to the forums you can log into the support. Not sure about the password reset when you can log into the forums already.

Try this link. https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and just login like you do on the forums, they're the same account.

I logged into the forums a long time ago, and then never logged out. I have changed the password since then. That's why I'm able to be on here right now or I'd be even more screwed.

Just so you know, when I was in your position I had to answer a lot of questions to get my account. I had to know my first friends on my friends list. I had to know what quests I had done. I had to know all platinum purchases I made. I had to know really specific things to prove it was my account.

Sign up with a new account and then submit your ticket using that account while referencing your old one. Be sure to have as much evidence on you as you can. Emails, bank transactions, old account info or maybe other players to vouch for you.

9 hours ago, LustreOfHavoc said:

I logged into the forums a long time ago, and then never logged out. I have changed the password since then. That's why I'm able to be on here right now or I'd be even more screwed.

Ah now I understand, the cookie is holding the site for you since you haven't logged out of the forums. :wink:

It's just annoying that I am the one that has to do all this work to get someone's attention when it's their system that's broken. I know it's my fault that I forgot the password in the first place, but considering I've had people attempt to get into my account a few times, I needed to change it a bunch. I have ideas what the password might be, but the account locks for like 24 hours every time I try and attempt it a few times. I wish they would stop demanding I add numbers and symbols to my passwords, because that's what screws up my memory the most.

2 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

If you are on firefox it can show you the logins and passwords for website. It's in the application menu of firefox on the far right of the window.

Yes, those are the saved passwords, but you have to allow it to be saved. The password that's saved there right now is an old one.

40 minutes ago, LustreOfHavoc said:

I wish they would stop demanding I add numbers and symbols to my passwords, because that's what screws up my memory the most.

Your passwords are too weak then. Without numbers or symbols it doesn't take too long for someone to bruteforce their way in. Each number and symbols adds a ton of possible combinations, wich makes things harder for everyone who wants to bruteforce into your stuff. It's also not their fault, but yours, since they provide 2FA and if someone broke it into your WF account with 2FA activated, it means that someone have access to your mail and potentially to any account related to that email, wich lands into a "you" problem rather than a faulty system.

6 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Your passwords are too weak then. Without numbers or symbols it doesn't take too long for someone to bruteforce their way in. Each number and symbols adds a ton of possible combinations, wich makes things harder for everyone who wants to bruteforce into your stuff. It's also not their fault, but yours, since they provide 2FA and if someone broke it into your WF account with 2FA activated, it means that someone have access to your mail and potentially to any account related to that email, wich lands into a "you" problem rather than a faulty system.

I do long passwords, over 15 characters. They got into my account a long time ago when I had a shorter password with numbers. When I changed it into a long password with just letters, they never broke in. They did try anyway, so I changed it each time, adding more letters, just in case. The with the last change, I believe I added a number, but I don't remember how I organized the password. So yes, it's my fault I forgot the password, but at the same time, it's not my fault because the system should've sent me the email when I requested a reset. Both sides are responsible here.

9 hours ago, LustreOfHavoc said:

It's just annoying that I am the one that has to do all this work to get someone's attention when it's their system that's broken. I know it's my fault that I forgot the password in the first place, but considering I've had people attempt to get into my account a few times, I needed to change it a bunch. I have ideas what the password might be, but the account locks for like 24 hours every time I try and attempt it a few times. I wish they would stop demanding I add numbers and symbols to my passwords, because that's what screws up my memory the most.

Just write it down and stop blaming other people xD

1 hour ago, LustreOfHavoc said:

I do long passwords, over 15 characters. They got into my account a long time ago when I had a shorter password with numbers. When I changed it into a long password with just letters, they never broke in. They did try anyway, so I changed it each time, adding more letters, just in case. The with the last change, I believe I added a number, but I don't remember how I organized the password. So yes, it's my fault I forgot the password, but at the same time, it's not my fault because the system should've sent me the email when I requested a reset. Both sides are responsible here.

No dude, YOU forgot YOUR password. It’s your fault and your fault alone, when you’re in a position where you need help, you should try to appear sympathetic, and not belligerent. 

1 hour ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Just write it down and stop blaming other people xD

No dude, YOU forgot YOUR password. It’s your fault and your fault alone, when you’re in a position where you need help, you should try to appear sympathetic, and not belligerent. 

Thanks for your input. You are of no help to this thread. Have a nice day, sir!
If you would like to reply again, please include some form of recommendation for how I can contact support and recover my account.

Archived