Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mecha Mod Set Inconsistent

(PSN)MonsterFlo12

After messing around with the Mecha Set for a while I found that in practice its an amazing effect to have. The problem is that in actual play it seems to be plagued by a bunch of different problems that make it almost impossible to use once you start getting far into Steel Path missions.

Mark Inconsistency: I'm fairly certain this has something to do with the AI of the Kubrow which is already bad on its own making it all the more frustrating that there really is no way to tell which enemy is going to get the mark and while it would make sense the enemy the Kubrow is attacking would get the mark, for some reason it'll never choose them. The marking is completely random and most of the time it chooses an enemy that is completely out of range of yourself. I also noticed that if you camp out in bigger rooms lets say for SP survival the Kubrow will flat out just not mark anything at all, until you leave the area for something more compact

Marks Not Working: If you play with the Max set in endurance runs you'll start to notice that half the time the mark doesn't even work. There has been a large number of times that the mark would not spread any status at all. I honestly don't know why It happens but it's most likely a combination of, the mark duration ticking down but being unable to see the enemy because the Kubrow again chose something completely out of range of the player and this fake linger effect after the 12 sec where the mark will still be there but killing the enemy doesn't actually proc anything.

Overall I think the Mecha Set has so much untapped potential but being tied to probably some of the worst AI in the game right now makes synergy frustrating because you really cant do anything to help improve your Kubrows marking ability.

To add to this bug that I've already reported three times in over two years:

The Mark will sometimes not work at all, or if you kill the enemy too quickly even with status effects it will not transfer the status effects. Marks can have dummy duplicates, or the effect can last indefinitely for the rest of the mission. The kubrow can also mark recently killed enemies, wasting it's duration and cool down entirely. 

On top of all of this, the logistical problem of you not benefitting from the Mark, but instead a teammate can kill your enemy and get the full effect of Mecha Pulse and your modset.   This sounds cool in theory until you realize that Mecha Pulse has to replace a mod on your Warframe to increase your survivability only for it to have less than 20% uptime on most frames, and say a Saryn or Volt can add your mods to their frame for free, leaving you even weaker for only their benefit.

This will continue to be ignored for years.

Glad Im not the only who is noticing how bad the mod set can actually be when used for actual play, I've just started to try it and ran into a multitude of issues. You've been talking about this for two years and nothing has been fixed ?!?! That's honestly demoralizing and makes me question if the forums are actually worth using.

On 2021-05-21 at 3:21 PM, ShichiseitenYasha said:

a teammate can kill your enemy and get the full effect of Mecha Pulse and your modset.

Glad to see others finding this now. It's clearly not intended, but it's just the way it is :/ ...

This would be a really cool mod set, if it worked consistently... Which brings me to:

On 2021-05-21 at 3:21 PM, ShichiseitenYasha said:

This will continue to be ignored for years.

Just like everything else that came out with bugs on release. There are things that never really worked as they should have (some bugged enough that no one dealt with them because it wasn't worth the effort) yet were never given a second look. These are the things that we really want that add variety, but instead they'll continue to be shelved for years (some guns/mod-mechanics for almost 5) just for the next "new shiny".

Archived