Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag - Magnetize: magnetic pull breaking

bnuy

Issue: Mag's Magnetize magnetic pull effect breaks after the initial cast target is killed.

Notes: Upon killing the initial cast target of Magnetize, the origin of the magnetic pull effect will shift to 1-2 meters above the bubble's center, lifting enemies up into the air and preventing most projectiles caught in the bubble from hitting them. After a brief moment the pull effect breaks entirely and stops working.

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Video:

Mag is my absolute favourite frame, and this bug has been bothering me for about a year or so. I finally sat down and did testing, narrowed down the issue and now here I am, hoping and praying it gets patched soon so I don't have to deal with this obnoxious bug ever again. 🥰

Edited by bnuy
  • Like 5

Issue: Mag's Magnetize/Bubble fails to cast in most instances when used on a ragdolled enemy.

Notes: Magnetize will fail to cast and refund it's energy cost when used on a ragdolled enemy if they are against terrain of some form. This is due to the line-of-sight checks for the cast to complete, if you lose line-of-sight, then the ability will not cast and will refund it's cost. Due to how line-of-sight checks work, this means if an enemy is ragdolled against terrain, in almost every case the ability will fail to cast, because the line-of-sight check fails.

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Fix:
 Either fix the line-of-sight check to account for this issue, or remove the  line-of-sight requirement entirely. Line-of-sight is required on the cast target to use the ability initially, so removing the line-of-sight check at the end of the cast when the ability either goes off, or refunds your energy, wouldn't be an issue, as you need it to initially cast the ability anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm similar issues.

I find this rather distressing because it's a rather important core of her kit that isnt functioning as it supposedly should be.

Edited by Jynxi
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2021-06-05 at 12:41 PM, Jynxi said:

Can confirm similar issues.

I find this rather distressing because it's a rather important core of her kit that isnt functioning as it supposedly should be.

Yeah... The bug still exists too, it's been a thing since they changed the pull effect of her Magnetize to work more like Arcane Anomaly / Vauban Vortex.

Hoping for some fixes to this finally. 😭

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2021-05-21 at 11:09 PM, bnuy said:

Notes: Upon killing the initial cast target of Magnetize, the origin of the magnetic pull effect will shift to 1-2 meters above the bubble's center, lifting enemies up into the air and preventing most projectiles caught in the bubble from hitting them. After a brief moment the pull effect breaks entirely and stops working.

I know this video is a bit old but - do you have Magus Anomaly equipped on your operator, and if so - if you remove it does this bug still occur? It may just be an interaction between this and magnetize's pull, though that mechanic is really weird too since the pull effect can disable if the initial target's corpse despawns apparently. Just trying to narrow it down a bit more for the bug itself since there's a lot involved / at play with these mechanics.