Was this tileset removed?

Trekka

Question

22 answers to this question

Yes.

It has been replaced with the Parvos Granum themed capital ship map.

The screenshots you have posted are all of the defense map/tile, which can't be really called a tileset, as it had no randomization applied to it when you loaded it.

If you mean the entire tileset, it has also bene replaced with the Parvous Granum themed capital ship, a few of the tile still exist on the Corpus Ice Planet tileset, but many of the rooms are sadly gone for good,

I still think it was a waste to discard them entirely.  They should have set it up so new people get the old tiles when hosting until they clear the relevant quests, and keep a couple nodes around that exclusively use them even after you do.  I'd honestly say make the quests a hard gate to see the new versions at all, but they can't really split up the player base like that without creating issues.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

The screenshots you have posted are all of the defense map/tile, which can't be really called a tileset, as it had no randomization applied to it when you loaded it.

Yep, along with Interception. Recall the fact that the current Corpus Ship Defense/Interception tile is the worse of all Defense/Interception tilesets, along with the worst enemy type to fight (Juno Corpus, emphasis on the Juno Elite Crewmen with their AoE Supras). It would've been better if they stuck with the design aspect of the second Grineer Sealabs (Uranus) Defense/Interception tile rather than the current Corpus Ship/Gas City Defense/Interception tiles.

1 hour ago, Duality52 said:

It would've been better if they stuck with the design aspect of the second Grineer Sealabs (Uranus) Defense/Interception tile rather than the current Corpus Ship/Gas City Defense/Interception tiles.

Wait, are you saying a huge map, with half a dozen different levels of elevation,
and in general myriad line-of-sight-blocking elements, does not for smooth gameflow make?

what

no

how

DE why

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Wait, are you saying a huge map, with half a dozen different levels of elevation,
and in general myriad line-of-sight-blocking elements, does not for smooth gameflow make?

what

no

how

DE why

Just................amazing

9 hours ago, Hi.Im.Limbo said:

I miss that map, it gives me so much nostalgia just by looking at it.

7 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

darn

I miss that map

plays so much nicer than the stupid Parvos Pyramid defense thing

with the old one you could be on the upper levels and still have decent lines of fire to enemies below you

the new one, ugh, might as well take the elevator; everything is so much slower

Same, it felt better to play solo imo the old Defence and Interception had a nice flow to it.

The new Corpus Defence is just a version of Grineer Hydron but on a bigger scale. :(

On 2021-05-22 at 3:13 PM, 16Bitman said:

Yes.

It has been replaced with the Parvos Granum themed capital ship map.

If you mean the entire tileset, it has also bene replaced with the Parvous Granum themed capital ship, a few of the tile still exist on the Corpus Ice Planet tileset, but many of the rooms are sadly gone for good,

You could't keep it as a simple "yes".
You had to be one of "those".
Thanks for answering though.

lmao

45 minutes ago, Xekoi said:

You could't keep it as a simple "yes".
You had to be one of "those".
Thanks for answering though.

lmao

I literally put "Yes." in the very first line of my post, it was your choice to read past that and post a snarky comment.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

honestly as much as i like the newer cleaner and more open corpus ship tilesets the defense/interception map really is complete ass to play on and really needs a second look.
it currently turns what should normally be a game mode where you are meant to defend an objective into a sad play of hide and seek with dumb ass ranged enemies shooting from behind corners and too many annoying elevation levels for your enemy radar to be as effective as you want it to

Edited by HelNite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

I literally put "Yes." in the very first line of my post, it was your choice to read past that and post a snarky comment.

You did put in a "yes" in the very first line of you post.

I feel like you could've stopped there instead of being snarky about the tile terminology.

On 2021-05-23 at 9:59 PM, Xekoi said:

I feel like you could've stopped there instead of being snarky about the tile terminology.

they definitely could have
but its not like they hurt anyone by stating facts related to the topic in question ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 2021-05-22 at 7:45 PM, Slayer-. said:

Same, it felt better to play solo imo the old Defence and Interception had a nice flow to it.

The new Corpus Defence is just a version of Grineer Hydron but on a bigger scale. :(

If DE wanted an elevator, they could've fitted it to the old Corpus defence map (somewhere) and kept most of the layout the same.

I wouldn't be surprised if next the Corpus Ice Planet tileset on Pluto gets retooled similar to that of the Corpus Ice Mines in Corpus Railjack missions. ... Similar for the Corpus Ice Crashed Ship tileset too. ...

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

If DE wanted an elevator, they could've fitted it to the old Corpus defence map (somewhere) and kept most of the layout the same.

It did have an elevator, just it was broken and had stuff stacked in it.

Edit:
Never mind it's late and I was thinking of the wrong thing, not the defence area. :facepalm:

Edited by Slayer-.