Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add "Youve Been playing for over and hour" To NA servers PLEASE

IPatato

Hey all,

I know its like very minor and something that really doesnt need to be added. But I think mental health and physical health is a huge problem! with warframe being so time consuming and focused on grinding, adding something so little could go a long way. 

When you get that message "You've been playing for over an hour, please take a break" It puts time into perspective for you. It may even get you to get up and get something to drink or remind you to socialize outside of the game.

Mental health IS a huge factor in day to day life and I know most people play games like this to excape the world and I cannot stop anyone. Being a MR 29 going on 30 with Thousands of hours in this game I know its fun but take care of yourselves <3 

Yeah, no thanks, those who have these problems will not be helped because they will NOT listen to any automated message and all of those who do not have this issue will instead be annoyed by the constant clucking of the message always being there. I LEFT my native European server for the NA one because of that annoyance and I doubt I am the only one.

1 hour ago, --Excalibur-Prime-- said:

You can just set a timer before you start playing. Either on your phone or literally just type "timer 1 hour" into google and it will start a timer for you

Thats not the point. I know people could just set timers but they already have it in the game just not on NA servers.

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

Maybe they should also change up parts of the game that encourage, or even require, such long stretches of continuous game time.  Looking at you, John Prodman...

Haha I mean That is the point of this type of game sadly.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)kadeliza740 said:

Yeah, no thanks, those who have these problems will not be helped because they will NOT listen to any automated message and all of those who do not have this issue will instead be annoyed by the constant clucking of the message always being there. I LEFT my native European server for the NA one because of that annoyance and I doubt I am the only one.

You also have to think about the countless people who do the exact opposite to get away from not only the toxicity of NA servers but to get those messages <3 

1 hour ago, IPatato said:

You also have to think about the countless people who do the exact opposite to get away from not only the toxicity of NA servers but to get those messages <3 

And THAT is my point, should DE give us the option to opt-in/out of those messages then alright, choice is what matters, your suggestion would remove that choice for those who wish it, thus I can not agree to it.

'Toxicity' exists everywhere, you can not escape it. But no shade throw here I long for the day Elon fires up his rockets, I can go to Mars and get blindsided by a angry martian spider (knowing my luck) 😆

I'd be annoyed to no end getting nagging messages like that. I think it's mandatory in European countries to have warnings like that in online games, but I'm glad it's not where I live.

Thanks, but no thanks. Really.

(personal opt-in / opt-out, would be the only option I'd accept, if it had to go in.)

Indeed, they're required in the other regions, but I suppose no reason to not include an option to turn them on or off in NA for those that would like it. Though I just have a little kitchen timer sitting at my desk I can use to remind me to check the laundry or an ebay auction in case I get too engrossed in the game. It was even free under the driver's seat of my car when I bought it used. 😁

Why should you need a message to babysit you? You are an adult/teenager who can make their own decisions in life, as an invidivdual. If you want to take breaks, take breaks. If you want to put a timer on yourself, set a timer. 

Why do you need the game to do it for you? 

To be honest it just annoys people and it's not like it forces them off, it just gives them a silly spam message. 

The only reason DE has it in some regions is for legal reasons. Most people wish the whole thing would just go away. 

Some governments make gaming companies put it there, but they don't make people kick them off... just spam them with a message that playing games is bad for their health. It's an extremely silly nanny-state half-measure that doesn't even do anything. It's like a nanny state that is too lazy and fearful to make any truly fascist regulations, so they just make the gaming companies "warn people" that they are "playing too much", it's just spam that almost nobody besides you wants in their messages, no offense. 

Just control yourself, you are responsible for how much you play, and them sending you a message reminding you that you have been playing for an hour has zero control over your own free will to do whatever the hell you want to do. 

12 hours ago, IPatato said:

You may not win many friends claiming the NA region is somehow "toxic" compared to other regions while casually dismissing another posters point,, even if you add a "<3" at the end. 

I mean man... you have no evidence NA is anymore "toxic" (silly word to use when WF tends to be a pretty chill coop community overall compared to most games that have more PvP focus), and nothing but anecdote that "countless people" are doing what you say. It just seems a bit of a silly claim to make... no offense. 

Liek, in general I've found WF even on console with alt account to just be a way more chill and helpful community than most games even at its worst, maybe its just my experience idk, but I think WF's coop focus helps a lot. If you think WF can be toxic, try any PvP game haha. ; ) Also if you are hanging out on region chat... any game will seem toxic on region chat lol, in any region after a little while. Region chat in any game that has one will always be a cesspool. : ) 

I realize this may come as a shock to you

but DE doesn't actually care about your health

the game is Designed to be addicting and to keep you unhealthily hooked, as are all microtransaction funded games.

the only reason the "1 hour" message pops up, is because it's required by Law in that region, I'm sure DE would love to do away with it if they could.

9 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I realize this may come as a shock to you

but DE doesn't actually care about your health

the game is Designed to be addicting and to keep you unhealthily hooked, as are all microtransaction funded games.

the only reason the "1 hour" message pops up, is because it's required by Law in that region, I'm sure DE would love to do away with it if they could.

Yeah for sure! I completely understand and honestly most game company's are like that it fuels their pockets. I just thought It was a cute Idea and like most people in the thread have said they wouldnt like it in the game because it would cause "spam" but If it were a opt in option they added for regions that dont require it by law I think that would be nice haha. 

Warframe: "you've been playifgn for over an hour, please remember to take a break"

also Warframe: "complete a survival mission lasting 30 minutes or more"

also Warframe: "harrow components drop from defection missions at rotation C (that's 8 squads) with a 11% chance"

1 hour ago, gbjbaanb said:

Warframe: "you've been playifgn for over an hour, please remember to take a break"

also Warframe: "complete a survival mission lasting 30 minutes or more"

also Warframe: "harrow components drop from defection missions at rotation C (that's 8 squads) with a 11% chance"

Sure, and you never play any other games for over an hour at a time.

4 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Sure, and you never play any other games for over an hour at a time.

I play loads, but none of them try to keep me playing it for hours and hours. and then try to make me come back to play more and more.

and then tell me I'm playing it too much 🤣

Yes. 

And a message reminding you to drink water every two hours

And a message reminding you to go to the gym every second day. 

And a reminder that Loki will be shown on Wednesdays instead of Fridays on Disney Plus every morning.

And personally I’d also like Warframe to wake me for work. It’s so rude that I keep being late when the Warframe mobile app is right there on my phone.

You can afk perfectly fine for a few mins in warframe, just let your group know that you're going to stretch, make a sammich, etc during endless missions. That's the only time you really need to take breaks if it's a long run. Otherwise, yeah, you should be responsible for the amount of time you spend playing computer games. I say that as someone that spends too much time playing computer games. Can't really do much else though in my situation right now.

Archived