Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentients & Void Damage

So we are told, in several different canonical quests throughout the game, that Sentients are heavily allergic to the volatile substance that is Void damage. During the Second Dream, when your frame hobbles to the extraction point with kiddo in hand, you are able to shoot string cheese at the lactose intolerant haters to kill them within seconds.

So can someone explain to me why Void damage in normal gameplay is less effective that a high investment Kronsh Machete?

An argument can be made that if Operators could take down sentients in seconds, then void damage would be too powerful against them. But that's the point. Why are we told time and time again that sentients can't touch void damage, but then void damage hits them like a sock launched out of a t-shirt cannon in-game?

The lore is heavily contrasting with the gameplay like the color yellow contrasts with purple. It's either Void damage is just filthy operator birthday magic tricks that can't do anything, or it's the Sentient's Achilles Heel. Warframe can't have its cake and eat it to because right now, Void damage's only uses are taking down Eidolon shields, resetting Profit Taker's Shield DR, killing spectral form Vomvalysts, and resetting the damage resistance on almost every Sentient mob enemy we have because they are bullet sponges even at level 50 and are nightmares on the Steel Path.

In french we could talk of "licence artistique" for those kind of things.

During the Second dream final we must see our operator as powerful but, for dramaturgy, a real fight was inadequate. So, for a good story, the Second dream "must" show something that, in gameplay, should not be implemented, in my opinion.

For me Void damage act as as scissor against Samson, without his hairs is nobody, Sentient without their resistance are nobody (no more than an well armored unit).

Archived