Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to get better?

Haszor

Question

Hehe guys, I've been playing for a while but I don't understand very much about the game. So basically I have a mag lvl 30 with paris bow lvl 30, heat sword lvl 30 but my damage is really low. Sometimes my clan fellas take me hydron and I just sit there waiting for finish and I see those warframes, killing everything hit kill soon as the mobs spawn. I want to know how to do that? Wich Warframe should I try to forge to get max damage, how to level up my rank level without have to wait 24 hours, how to be become overpower? I love the game but it's getting boring because I have not enough damage to do fast quests and I don't know much about it...

17 answers to this question

On 2021-05-22 at 11:59 AM, Haszor said:

Sometimes my clan fellas take me hydron and I just sit there waiting for finish and I see those warframes, killing everything hit kill soon as the mobs spawn. 

This is your problem. You will never learn how to play if you're getting taxi to affinity farms. Too many higher MR players have no idea about in game mechanics or how to mod because they spent all their time in Hydron or SO/ESO. 

8 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Guys, I agree his modding isn't very good, but if you take a close look at the bottom of his pictures, he doesn't have many mods yet.  @Haszor, at your point in the game, I would recommend:

1. Slow down and play missions more suitable for your level.  Instead of just letting your Clanmates taxi you to Hydron all the time, play through the planets one by one by yourself or in public squads while following the main questline.  You will collect a lot more basic mods and learn to play the game because you can actually kill the enemies now.

2. At your Mastery Rank (3), you should pretty much always be leveling new weapons and/or warframes.  Many pieces of good equipment are locked above your master level, so you would want to level new warframes and weapons to increase it.  As you use and get the hang of each piece of equipment, ask yourself if you really like it.  If not, just sell it.  However, make sure you keep one each of your strongest Primary, Secondary and Melee weapons, in case you need to play a hard(er) mission.

3. As you find good mods, spend your Endo to increase their ranks.  The cost does go up exponentially, but if you have extra Endo and Credits, it is usually worth it to increase the rank up to at least 6 or 8 (for max-rank-10 mods).

Exactly. He's not actually bad at modding, he just haven't reach the part where he learn about mods yet.

And with all due respect, a player at that phase have absolutely no business even near hydron.

His clanmates are the real problem here, not his lack of knowledge. Blindly carrying rookies without educating them is just recipe for disaster in warframe.

I agree that OP definitely need to slow down. Take it from the top again. I strongly advice going solo first, if you already know what you're doing, THEN you go public. Not the other way around.

32 minutes ago, Dualice said:

You'll be wanting to get rid of those flawed mods ASAP. It puzzles me why those are even still in the game.

You're on PC right? Hit me up in game if you want some better mods (my name is same on there). To PM someone in-game, type /w [name].

Gear is less important than mods. Mag can and does kick some serious butt with the right setup :)

Noooo don't get rid of those!

They actually provide a good stat boost for relatively low drain. I still use them when I have no room on a weapon/frame and want a little boost. A fully upgraded flawed flow mod gives more energy than a normal flow for the same drain. Same goes for other flawed mods.

And specifically when you're low MR and have very little base capactity on a frame or weapon you want to be able to slot at least something. These flawed mods are there for a reason. And it's a good thing they exist.

Guys, I agree his modding isn't very good, but if you take a close look at the bottom of his pictures, he doesn't have many mods yet.  @Haszor, at your point in the game, I would recommend:

1. Slow down and play missions more suitable for your level.  Instead of just letting your Clanmates taxi you to Hydron all the time, play through the planets one by one by yourself or in public squads while following the main questline.  You will collect a lot more basic mods and learn to play the game because you can actually kill the enemies now.

2. At your Mastery Rank (3), you should pretty much always be leveling new weapons and/or warframes.  Many pieces of good equipment are locked above your master level, so you would want to level new warframes and weapons to increase it.  As you use and get the hang of each piece of equipment, ask yourself if you really like it.  If not, just sell it.  However, make sure you keep one each of your strongest Primary, Secondary and Melee weapons, in case you need to play a hard(er) mission.

3. As you find good mods, spend your Endo to increase their ranks.  The cost does go up exponentially, but if you have extra Endo and Credits, it is usually worth it to increase the rank up to at least 6 or 8 (for max-rank-10 mods).

You'll be wanting to get rid of those flawed mods ASAP. It puzzles me why those are even still in the game.

You're on PC right? Hit me up in game if you want some better mods (my name is same on there). To PM someone in-game, type /w [name].

Gear is less important than mods. Mag can and does kick some serious butt with the right setup :)

Ok, your modding is pretty terrible. I'm sorry.

First of all: use an aura mod on your warframe. It's the top left spot with that special icon. A fully upgraded aura mod gives you extra capacity,

Second: Fast Deflection, Magazine Warp and Ammo Drum are terrible mods. Don't use them.

Third: you should level up your mods more. You have unused mod space. Try getting Vitality, Redirection and Steel Fiber up to max. These are OK for now to survive as a beginner. However, later on you will learn that there are beter options. If you have a good weapon and mod it well, survivability becomes less important, because you kill them before they can kill you.

Also: learn the skills of your warframes and mod accordingly. Ignore the high level builds on the internet for now, they will come later. Best to pick one good ability and mod to improve that one. It makes a ton of difference.

14 hours ago, Haszor said:

Right now, these are the mods that I've equiped, not following n build, just leveling them up to survive hahaha, MODS:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jwhuhZqNMbiJoZie6

Good news, we find your problem.

You need to learn modding. Your warframe and weapons levels means nothing, their only purposes is so you can have more capacity to equip more mods. My first advice would be to just read the mods descriptions. It's okay if you don't understand them, eventually you will if you start reading them.

Mods that are essential for beginners are the ones that increase your, health, armor, and shield. Shield will become less useful later, but survivability is vital for you right know. So max those mods and equip them.

No need to worry about warframe skills. They need rarer mods to be good. Right now just mod your weapons for more damage, multishots, and probably combine elements to get corrosive or viral. You'll learn more as you go.

Also, ditch the flawed mods. They're like cracked, and have the word: FLAWED in their names. They have lower bonuses even if you max them. 

And lastly but most importantly: hitching rides with friends is a tried and true shortcut to early retirement from warframe. One day they won't be around, you're not strong enough to solo higher missions but not weak enough to be leeching lower noobs. And you'll just hate warframe for doing it to you. You're not the first tenno who got carried too much and got lost when the carriers are gone.

Look at top left of your screen, you'll see a globe icon and + icon next to your name, click that globe icon, change to solo, and try playing previous mission types that you like. If you're doing bad, keep moving backwards in the planets map, until you find your appropriate level of enemies. Try to do quests and other missions around that level to get stronger. i know it sounds troublesome, but if you enjoy playing the game, please at least consider it, you'll thank me later.

3 minutes ago, Haszor said:

Right now, these are the mods that I've equiped, not following n build, just leveling them up to survive hahaha, MODS:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jwhuhZqNMbiJoZie6

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Mag This is a good site to experiment with builds.  You don't have to commit to anything and it gives you a target to aim towards for your builds.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mod This gives you the break down on mods.  Just, general information.  You can use the wiki to look up specific mods, drop locations, drop rates, etc.  

These are known as "potatoes" in the community.  Reactors & Catalysts Basically, they double the points you have to work with.  You can earn them in game, but they are fairly cheap in the market for plat.  (You can trade items to other players for plat)

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Warframe_Augment_Mods Augments are fun ways to tailor your builds to your playstyle.  You have to deal with Syndicates to get them (or trade with other players) 

When I build my Mags, I go for high power strength, low duration and use Counter Pulse.  This fits my playstyle of being highly mobile and spammy.  I tend to keep a projectile secondary with punch through for Magnetize hilarity. 

4 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Still feel the game should have a quest builtin with a modding tutorial. 

The Tutorial in the mod station is pretty bare bones.  I thought they included something during the starters quest?

I would also suggest to get the Atomos. It's easily the best early weapon in the game.

Check Leyzar for some modding tutorials:

Hek is a low MR weapon that packs a punch if you like slow firing weapons.

7 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

You have to upgrade your mods as well as add Catalysts & Forma.  

What builds are you currently using for your set up?  It's easier to make suggestions when we can see what you're working with.

Still feel the game should have a quest builtin with a modding tutorial. 

39 minutes ago, Haszor said:

Hehe guys, I've been playing for a while but I don't understand very much about the game. So basically I have a mag lvl 30 with paris bow lvl 30, heat sword lvl 30 but my damage is really low. Sometimes my clan fellas take me hydron and I just sit there waiting for finish and I see those warframes, killing everything hit kill soon as the mobs spawn. I want to know how to do that? Wich Warframe should I try to forge to get max damage, how to level up my rank level without have to wait 24 hours, how to be become overpower? I love the game but it's getting boring because I have not enough damage to do fast quests and I don't know much about it...

You have to upgrade your mods as well as add Catalysts & Forma.  

What builds are you currently using for your set up?  It's easier to make suggestions when we can see what you're working with.

You become better with practice and knowledge. Sitting in a corner in Hydroid while everyone else does everything is a sure way not to progress anywhere and I urge you to stop that.

Take it slow. There's tons to do in this game and you'll get better eventually. In terms of damage output, there's a slew of mods out there to make everything better. Some are easy to get, some hard. All of them will require some sort of time investment. I played solo for the most part while clearing the star chart. I ended up with relatively decent weapons, but not much strength. A lot of things very challenging.

Right now, at MR24 having unlocked a lot of things in the game sure I can output a lot more damage.

For certain frames it also includes understanding how they work and synergize with their abilities or weapons. Mag is a frame that can stack high damage nearly infinitely and deal millions of damage if built right and if used right with the right weapons. Weapons that deal heavy damage and have punch through will work wonders. Punch through weapons can hit enemies multiple times in the bubble as they bounce around. AoE projectile based weapons like the Basmu melt everything in the bubble.

Mag is squishy, relying on her shield and the shield gating mechanic to stay alive most of the time. When you clear the star chart and are ready to do Arbitrations you can get your hands on a mod called rolling guard which is a god sent for squishy frames as it removes status effects and makes you invulnerable for 5 seconds.

You don't need the fancy mods or weapons just clearing the star chart. Try new things, experiment. Have fun. Hydron is not fun.

Map wiping is just something that a few frames do (volt modded for his 4, saryn, equinox, mirage with her 2 augment)

Based on what weapons you mentioned, you are still fairly low mastery rank, as you get weapons to rank 30 and sell them to gain Mastery rank you will unlock more weapons that have better stats.

Along with getting stronger mods (primed, corrupted and 60/60 mods)

10 minutes ago, Haszor said:

I want to know how to do that?

Mods. It always comes down to mods

10 minutes ago, Haszor said:

Wich Warframe should I try to forge to get max damage

All frames are good. Everyone defines "max damage" differently. And there are a lot of "Dps frames"

11 minutes ago, Haszor said:

how to level up my rank level without have to wait 24 hours

You don't. It's a hard timer to not rush through the game

how to be become overpower?

Skill and knowledge, both comes over time 

I love the game but it's getting boring because I have not enough damage to do fast quests and I don't know much about it...

Learn the mechanics of the games. Start with how to mod accordingly and get to know the elements and weaknesses

Archived