With the upcoming release of Gara Prime, could DE create idle melee animation sets for her?

Warframe will see the release of Gara Prime Access next week | PCGamesN

Gara Prime is probably the first time in awhile where I have become hyped for a prime release. Her design is amazing along with her signature hammer, has a samurai vibe and is for a frame with a pretty good ability kit.

That being said, the promotional images also showed Gara wielding her Volnus prime in a badass way. Which is unfortunate since in game, she is not able to do that due to melee weapons not having their own idle animation sets. So she won't look as badass when using the hammer which sucks since the pose is giving some serious samurai vibes

Seeing as when Titania Prime was revealed, she was given a custom moving animation where she floats around instead of walking like before, it would be nice if Gara prime was given some custom animations herself.

I propose that Gara Prime should be given, at minimum, a custom melee idle pose where she is holding heavy blades, hammers or two handed nikanas the same way as in the image above. It would probably involve using her unarmed noble animation pose and putting the weapons in her right hand with the blade/hammer head facing away from her. This would also include her walking/running/sliding while using this pose as is such with the other animation sets for ranged weapons.

For the record, this does not mean making idle animations for every weapon. Just have the idle animation be the same one for when unarmed. Its the idle pose that matters in my opinion since that is what you see even when running.

This is a minor cosmetic thing to ask for but seeing as you did something like this for Titania prime, it would be nice if implemented.

27 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

OR DE could change the archaic and awful looking melee holding animations and poses ( especially Heavy Blades and Hammers, they are worst offenders ) for all frames, not just for Gara Prime.

i dont use heavy weapon exactly cause of the non sense disgusting holding animation XD

1 hour ago, Aeon94 said:

OR DE could change the archaic and awful looking melee holding animations and poses ( especially Heavy Blades and Hammers, they are worst offenders ) for all frames, not just for Gara Prime.

going back and doing that for every frame would be a tremendous amount of work for very little benefit in the grand scheme of things. would be nice to have of course, but not really feasible.

hace 1 hora, Aeon94 dijo:

Heavy blades look fine (heavy swords mainly) but hammers dont so maybe we could have a special animation for hammers and heavy zaws that are not pointing upwards and keep the current one for only axes.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

going back and doing that for every frame would be a tremendous amount of work for very little benefit in the grand scheme of things. would be nice to have of course, but not really feasible.

Hence why i just said for gara prime 

2 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

Would love that. But first get them to do gara and work our way from there

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Melee idle animations are same on all frames. So altering one weapon archetype's idle animations will affect all frames.

11 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Technically if they just change the standard animation that would effect all frames.

But yeah asking for every frame to have their own unique melee animations is a grossly excessive request.

12 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

They don’t have to do it for every frame. They just change the shared animation.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Technically if they just change the standard animation that would effect all frames.

But yeah asking for every frame to have their own unique melee animations is a grossly excessive request.

Granted but im refering to adding personal melee idle poses to a frame's animation set. 

Additionally, sparring, fists and claws are easy to do as it would just require using the unarmed poses with the weapons equipped. This is already possible as the weapons can be visible when holstered.

Staff melee weapons can just use the same animations as the primary staff weapons.

They also do not need to do it all at once. Just one at a time.

Creating new melee poses for the animation sets can be done by using the agile/noble unarmed pose, adjust the positioning of the upper body (arms, torsos) and position the weapon in said frames hand in a way that best fits the frames style.

Gara prime could be a good test.

Excailbur Umbra is also a good test. For holding a two handed nikana, use his noble pose but he holds the sword like sephiroth

main2.png

I actually kinda got a photo of this concept due to a bug

(Will insert photo when i get on my pc)

Archived