Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Stalker. End game difficulty with no pay out

(PSN)Xzelian

So in my last mission while multi-tasking a Ceph scan in steel path, within the first two minutes the Shadow Stalker appeared.

I was able to dispatch him, with moderate difficulty solo, and was rewarded 2 argon crystals.

Wow a commodity that disappears over time.

Better than another dread blueprint I suppose, but not even slivers?

So here it is. 

If the Shadow Stalker has the power of all four Acolytes and they drop steel essence shouldn't he drop at least twice as much? (I know THAT'LL never happen because then we wouldn't get the chance to cycle through useless enemy specific damage rolls in the thousands.)

Or slivers? or ANYTHING useful such as war parts (no blueprints) ; because he's in an end game mission, if there is such a thing, and it kind'a stinks seeing yet another un-tradable dread blueprint.

...Or disappearing commodity.

My suggestion is If a team dispatches a Shadow Stalker in a steel path mission 10 riven slivers drop. No more grindy to see "baby Dead Pool" at the Iron Wake once a week.

Omissions like this are why upper mastery players who are loyal just sit around and bankroll plat.

They're Bored.

-Just sayin'

You can do better. I believe in you.

I remember one time I was leveling Sevagoth in SP and Shadow Stalker spawned 2 minutes in.

I ended up failing the mission because not only he was beyond bullet sponge territory, but since he locks the doors of the room you're in, I couldn't collect Life Support capsules and the enemies stopped spawning, so I failed due to that. This happened three times :)))

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Holy Reaper3076 said:

I remember one time I was leveling Sevagoth in SP and Shadow Stalker spawned 2 minutes in.

I ended up failing the mission because not only he was beyond bullet sponge territory, but since he locks the doors of the room you're in, I couldn't collect Life Support capsules and the enemies stopped spawning, so I failed due to that. This happened three times :)))

Operator Mode > Hack the Console while in Void Mode.

meme-307-willy-wonka-ironico-gerador-de-

Soon as I see the first transmission I get to the nearest console so I can hack it.

Once he spawns i kite him into a mob and leave him to it, though increasingly these days i can't even be bothered with this.

It's faster to alt +F4 and reload the game than deal with him. Beating him isnt a challenge, it's just an egregious waste of my time.

1 minute ago, Butterfly85 said:

Soon as I see the first transmission I get to the nearest console so I can hack it.

Once he spawns i kite him into a mob and leave him to it, though increasingly these days i can't even be bothered with this.

It's faster to alt +F4 and reload the game than deal with him. Beating him isnt a challenge, it's just an egregious waste of my time.

Why not just use an air support charge instead? 

24 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Because I forget they exist 😛😂

I should use them, for sassy Ordis lines if nothing else.

I'll be honest I think about them so much because I probably over-use them. 

Any time I'm doing a mission and an enemy "locks me out" (still the only game where locking doors is something enemies do, but w/e), I always just go right to my gear wheel.

The funny thing is I don't use ciphers or perspicacity most of the time and I can hack a lot faster than average, but I can't be fussed to go find the panel TO hack most of the time when its just another generic panic room lockout from the silly AI, lol, so I just spam Air Support charges. 

21 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

So...a more difficult opponent in SP is "annoying" and should be "avoided"? If that's the case then why the hell would DE bother to improve AI or balance the game? Doesn't this kind of prove that harder enemies are actually less desired?

you missed the point of the thread, not about difficulty, its about lack of meaningful reward, in a looter shooter that's kinda of a big factor

if he was worth the trouble then i would fight him

26 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

So...a more difficult opponent in SP is "annoying" and should be "avoided"? If that's the case then why the hell would DE bother to improve AI or balance the game? Doesn't this kind of prove that harder enemies are actually less desired?

I can beat Stalker quickly and easily, I still bother on SP because after all these years I still need Hate. 

If I didn't still need Hate I would skip him a lot of the time on regular path too. 

It's not about the annoyance of difficulty, it's about time spent commensurate to reward. Even on SP I don't find Stalker remotely difficult, but if I have everything on his drop table why would I waste time killing him? Especially when he isn't a real challenge, even slightly, even on SP. 

I honestly don't understand what people are talking about when they say it takes them a while to kill him on SP in the first place though... 

46 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Make him worth my time. I have all his drops, and does nothing to advance the mission I'm in, ergo he's a waste of time to deal with for me 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, ReddyDisco said:

you missed the point of the thread, not about difficulty, its about lack of meaningful reward, in a looter shooter that's kinda of a big factor

if he was worth the trouble then i would fight him

Meaningful reward is subjective. There's many people playing the game at different stages so whats meaningful to you could cause another person to say "Who added riven slivers and essence to Stalker? I already have thousands of these. This isn't meaningful."

2 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

Make him worth my time. I have all his drops, and does nothing to advance the mission I'm in, ergo he's a waste of time to deal with for me 🤷‍♀️

If you already have everything do ir for the challenge. Yesterday i was in survival infested chilling, stalker spawns and he beat me, i take it ... ah before you think "yo steel path is so easy noob" i already did lvlcap sp against all factions alone in disruptions

2 hours ago, Danielw8 said:

If you already have everything do ir for the challenge. Yesterday i was in survival infested chilling, stalker spawns and he beat me, i take it ... ah before you think "yo steel path is so easy noob" i already did lvlcap sp against all factions alone in disruptions

Thing is he's not a challenge. All I do is shoot him a couple of times, use kiddo to reset sheild and rinse and repeat until he's gone. It's not something I *want* to put my time into at this point.

"Endgame difficulty"? You mean to say that people think pumping enemies full of HP and DPS is difficulty? No, that's not difficult in the slightest. Anything actually challenging would require effort to make, so there won't ever be any of that. As long as DE refuses to rework the game, it'll just be either hilariously easy and/or ludicrously dull.

Archived