The Steel Stalker. End game difficulty with no pay out

5 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Meaningful reward is subjective. There's many people playing the game at different stages so whats meaningful to you could cause another person to say "Who added riven slivers and essence to Stalker? I already have thousands of these. This isn't meaningful."

should've rephrased as steel essence, riven slivers are as meaningful as windscreen wipers on a submarine, i have so many my grandkids won't run out

• Like 5

10 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

So...a more difficult opponent in SP is "annoying" and should be "avoided"? If that's the case then why the hell would DE bother to improve AI or balance the game? Doesn't this kind of prove that harder enemies are actually less desired?

Just look at how people react to losing in PvP. That's all you need to know about what the player base really thinks about "improved a.i." 

• Like 1

I think steel path stalker should drop bps for stalker helmets for the frames that acolytes are. Love to complete a acolyte fashion frame to it's fullest. And steel essence would be nice, ibsay 5 essence a stalker fight be appropriate given how tanky he is in the mode 

20 hours ago, (PSN)Xzelian said:

but not even slivers?

Please don't give DE ideas. Slivers are near worthless... to me personally... but also mechanically because you can only spend them once per week and they're already relatively common to get.

I agree that he should drop more Steel Essence. I think more than twice actually! You said Stalker has the power of four acolytes... IMO, he should drop 8 Steel Essence (4x).

15 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I can beat Stalker quickly and easily, I still bother on SP because after all these years I still need Hate. 

If I didn't still need Hate I would skip him a lot of the time on regular path too. 

It's not about the annoyance of difficulty, it's about time spent commensurate to reward. Even on SP I don't find Stalker remotely difficult, but if I have everything on his drop table why would I waste time killing him? Especially when he isn't a real challenge, even slightly, even on SP. 

I honestly don't understand what people are talking about when they say it takes them a while to kill him on SP in the first place though... 

Easy for you, difficult for others...and that, I think, demonstrates why the war for "more difficulty and challenge" is 100% wise for DE to ignore, for now. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of players with your skill level in the game and Steel Path isn't heavily played yet.

Another poster mentioned "meaning rewards", but you and I have yet to acquire all of Stalker's rewards. Therefore, Stalker has meaningful rewards until acquired but that doesn't mean he should just "go away" because we "got the good stuff". 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Easy for you, difficult for others...and that, I think, demonstrates why the war for "more difficulty and challenge" is 100% wise for DE to ignore, for now. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of players with your skill level in the game and Steel Path isn't heavily played yet.

Another poster mentioned "meaning rewards", but you and I have yet to acquire all of Stalker's rewards. Therefore, Stalker has meaningful rewards until acquired but that doesn't mean he should just "go away" because we "got the good stuff". 

I mean... I'm not even that skilled in terms of gear. 

Yes I have most primed mods except banes almost maxed, but most of my R10 capable mods are still R9. I still haven't got into eidolons and I hate ESO and I have opened four of the focus schools and done it slowly over time over the years so my focus progression is well below average for a vet. 

Apart from a rank 4 Arcane Ultimatum and a Rank 3 Arcane Trick, I have a pitiful arcane collection. 

I have deleted primes and valuable weapons over the years not for space, but because I was bored with their playstyle. 

When it comes to not just veterans, but anyone who is a recent player who has got into it hardcore, I'm below average both in terms of gear and accumulated resources and overall endo and credits, as I have simply never been much of an efficiency farmer in any way, shape or form.

I just know how to use the modding screen. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

8 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

"Endgame difficulty"? You mean to say that people think pumping enemies full of HP and DPS is difficulty? No, that's not difficult in the slightest. Anything actually challenging would require effort to make, so there won't ever be any of that. As long as DE refuses to rework the game, it'll just be either hilariously easy and/or ludicrously dull.

And it should stay this way. Players have enjoyed thousands upon thousands of hours playing and, in no way, shape or form, should the game change much now. That would be the absolute dumbest thing DE could do. What, to satisfy 60 people but piss off millions? Nah, I'm good with current Warframe.

• Like 1

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

I mean... I'm not even that skilled in terms of gear. 

Yes I have most primed mods except banes almost maxed, but most of my R10 capable mods are still R9. I still haven't got into eidolons and I hate ESO and I have opened four of the focus schools and done it slowly over time over the years so my focus progression is well below average for a vet. 

Apart from a rank 4 Arcane Ultimatum and a Rank 3 Arcane Trick, I have a pitiful arcane collection. 

I have deleted primes and valuable weapons over the years not for space, but because I was bored with their playstyle. 

When it comes to not just veterans, but anyone who is a recent player who has got into it hardcore, I'm below average.

I just know how to use the modding screen. 

Exactly, and that's, honestly, your skill speaking for itself. Most players I know, as well as pub, focus on "dive in and blast or swing" styles of play. They die quickly and easily. My last eidolon fight with friends was hella fun but I noticed only I was not dying and had to assume the roles of attacker, support and defense. I normally play defensively, evasively and as stealthily as possible. This helps minimize damage but I also choose setups that best fit my intent for the chosen warframe and mission. Most players I know, only focus on the powers or the aoe or whatever a youtuber says to use. In other words, we are both thinking things through and treating the mod screen + our skills in the game with intent to handle most situations (I'm assuming your part but I think I'm not far off here). That is why, I think, you can handle the SP Stalker and a great many others cannot. Fair assessment?

• Like 1

Just now, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Exactly, and that's, honestly, your skill speaking for itself. Most players I know, as well as pub, focus on "dive in and blast or swing" styles of play. They die quickly and easily. My last eidolon fight with friends was hella fun but I noticed only I was not dying and had to assume the roles of attacker, support and defense. I normally play defensively, evasively and as stealthily as possible. This helps minimize damage but I also choose setups that best fit my intent for the chosen warframe and mission. Most players I know, only focus on the powers or the aoe or whatever a youtuber says to use. In other words, we are both thinking things through and treating the mod screen + our skills in the game with intent to handle most situations (I'm assuming your part but I think I'm not far off here). That is why, I think, you can handle the SP Stalker and a great many others cannot. Fair assessment?

Fair enough. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Danielw8 said:

we are talking about 5 min right

Time enough to finish the mission I'm on and probably complete the next one too unless it's a Survival. (Talking about the daily incursions here).

11 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Time enough to finish the mission I'm on and probably complete the next one too unless it's a Survival. (Talking about the daily incursions here).

wait we are talking a "boss" who spawns 1 of 20 missions?

On 2021-05-22 at 9:41 PM, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I should be able to kill The Sergeant and get all three piece of Mag in one go. Hell, killing Ropaloyst should award Steel Essense considering how bull crap that boss is in Steel Path.

I didn't say he shouldn't spawn.  What I said was that he should drop a reward relevant to his level.

While your on the path of being negative toward other players' input suggestion to improve loot,  battling to prevent improvement as almost all do who want server social points do; remember, it's not about you.  It's about a direct comparison between a stalker and his lesser powered acolytes who happen to drop better stuff. It makes 0 sense.

Your Sergeant reference is not a decent comparison.  Running that mission is a choice.  The stalker shows up whenever he feels like it.  As for Ropa yes. I actually feel that any eido style boss or completed arch mission should drop steel essence on completion.

On 2021-05-22 at 6:07 PM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

What if none of that stuff is a worthwhile reward, either? 

Shouldn't he just drop platinum or godrolls?

... While I get your point, I suggested slivers because a) they do not time out.  b)are a reasonable scale-able reward compared to other faction drops. c)while I believe in the idea he should drop steel essence, I just don't think they'll do it.

Funny though you mentioned "God Roll"

What about the introduction of a Stalker Specter BP?

That would be hilarious, yet on par with other guaranteed faction drops. .

1 hour ago, (PSN)Xzelian said:

I didn't say he shouldn't spawn.  What I said was that he should drop a reward relevant to his level.

While your on the path of being negative toward other players' input suggestion to improve loot,  battling to prevent improvement as almost all do who want server social points do; remember, it's not about you.  It's about a direct comparison between a stalker and his lesser powered acolytes who happen to drop better stuff. It makes 0 sense.

Your Sergeant reference is not a decent comparison.  Running that mission is a choice.  The stalker shows up whenever he feels like it.  As for Ropa yes. I actually feel that any eido style boss or completed arch mission should drop steel essence on completion.

Relative to the point, it's a Steel Path enemy. From your prespective, in Steel Path name alone, boss type should have better reward regardless of how bad the encounter is. DE just repurpose Acolytes for Steel Path. It's not like they still drop their respective mods everytime you kill them. 

35 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

Don't even get me started on that bow and it's 75.88% drop chance

His droptable is such BS. 

I have been playing since 2015, and I have had Despair drop like half a trillion times but NEVER Hate, and I play public all the time... encountered Stalker more times than I can imagine, whup him in seconds, not minutes on SP, and kill him every time I see him. 

Still waiting for Hate. I know people who have a similar situation with Despair. 

But his stupid bow and Heavy Impact or Blind Justice drop almost every single bloody time. 

23 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Relative to the point, it's a Steel Path enemy. From your prespective, in Steel Path name alone, boss type should have better reward regardless of how bad the encounter is. DE just repurpose Acolytes for Steel Path. It's not like they still drop their respective mods everytime you kill them. 

Yeah, but now those mods are super easy to get on Deimos, but more to the point, the acolytes before SP were different. 

They were part of events where they were crud at doing damage to you, and you just had to beat on the bullet sponge until it ran off for the mission, then you go to extraction and get the mod. The acolytes are a little different now. 

12 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah, but now those mods are super easy to get on Deimos, but more to the point, the acolytes before SP were different. 

They were part of events where they were crud at doing damage to you, and you just had to beat on the bullet sponge until it ran off for the mission, then you go to extraction and get the mod. The acolytes are a little different now. 

The Acolytes were repurpose because of insane farming methods for Steel Essence back in the day. Tenno were getting thousands of SE per hour. Their mods needed a drop table so DE decided to throw them into Demios bounty. I'm just glad we didn't get a random Wolf of Saturn Six random spawn for Steel Essence instead. 

Challenge/reward dynamic has always been lackluster in WF, but with the addition of steel path it has become even worse. SP rewards are meh and yeah I've killed Stalker a couple of times in SP and it sure isn't easy(with certain load outs at least) but he doesn't drop anything of note really. The sense of accomplishment isn't followed up with an appropriate reward.

I guess it comes down to the same old thing. That the only way to get anything of note in WF is either through plat/money or excessive grind. 

On 2021-05-22 at 7:05 PM, -Kittens- said:

20 essence should cover the amount of hee haw arbitrary damage/status resistance he has.

Amen.

The acolytes are challenging, but the Steel Stalker has a tendency to wipe the bulkheads and floor too often >.>