Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to Modular Arcwing ?

MouadSaqui

Just a question I had while doing some arcwing leveling this week end, Will DE ever release this ???? And also, why so many cool stuff shown in Devstreams of the past are still not in the game ? I'm just curious to know you're thoughts about this

I think People still don't understand why we play this game, its bcs of cool stuff like this, Its just sad how much forgotten content that somehow still didn't make it to the game..

b3592c4a0382067f56f44a23ec845683.jpg

Likely on the backburner because it would also require a rework of how Archwing's numbers are calculated.

To this day even after all the adjustments being in an Archwing not named Amesha is basically a death sentence in Railjack and as we all know, DE is famously bad and slow at math of any kind, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that it isn't done yet.

It's coming out when it's "ready".

Anyways I assume it either comes with command intrinsic 10 or around the Duviri Paradox. For now I would prefer if De would finally continue the damn story. I want to know what is happening with the Lotus and what's up with Erra and Ballas and so on.

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

It's coming out when it's "ready".

Anyways I assume it either comes with command intrinsic 10 or around the Duviri Paradox. For now I would prefer if De would finally continue the damn story. I want to know what is happening with the Lotus and what's up with Erra and Ballas and so on.

At this point I agree. I get why they made the call they did (delaying until after the plague) but with the benefit of hindsight, that choice was made under assumptions that were wildly different to what actually happened. Mainly, that this whole shebang wouldn't last that long so the delay wouldn't be that long either.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that they even can reverse course that fast anymore, since they're bound to have other stuff in the pipeline by now.

it's on the backburner along with a ton of other things. not really a fan of Archwing anyway, so I'm in no rush to see how good or bad the new system will be.

16 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

For now I would prefer if De would finally continue the damn story.

blame Canada. or rather their Corona restrictions. DE can't deliver the kind of story quests we want to see without being back in the office and their mocap studio. it won't be until people can return to work that we'll start seeing progress on the major updates. 

I don't think it's forgotten content.

All modular weapons are avaiable inside the city hub of free roam maps, so the archwings will be placed inside the duviri paradox.

DE wants to add some really fancy cutscenes for the Duviri Paradox, which require their mocap studio, with Canada being ultra strict with their social distancing restrictions, they have not been allowed to use it yet.

13 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

All modular weapons are avaiable inside the city hub of free roam maps, so the archwings will be placed inside the duviri paradox.

I don't think Duviri will be warframe related, it will probably focus on adult operators

20 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

blame Canada. or rather their Corona restrictions. DE can't deliver the kind of story quests we want to see without being back in the office and their mocap studio. it won't be until people can return to work that we'll start seeing progress on the major updates. 

It's not like DE worked blazingly fast and pumping story quests like the flash even before pandemic.

5 hours ago, nslay said:

It won't change anything. There will be 1 or 2 Archwing configuration that everyone uses... just like we have with Amesha now!

Not necessarily, this is not Kitguns or Zaws where STATS matter. It seems Modular Archwings offers more diversity because it looks to be affecting abilities.

4 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Not necessarily, this is not Kitguns or Zaws where STATS matter. It seems Modular Archwings offers more diversity because it looks to be affecting abilities.

Personally I'd just like Archwings (not named Amesha) to not be made of paper in Railjack missions, having things like Odonata's Seeker Missiles be actually remotely useful would just be a bonus to me.

On 2021-05-23 at 3:40 AM, MouadSaqui said:

And also, why so many cool stuff shown in Devstreams of the past are still not in the game ? I'm just curious to know you're thoughts about this

What many people don't understand is that Devstreams generally aren't press releases showing you content that you'll be able to experience soon.  Rather, they are more often a window into content that DE is currently in the midst of developing.  However, development and balancing can take a long time.  Unless you're a developer, this can be hard to understand.  Which is probably why most companies don't mention content until it's basically done.  DE likes to be more transparent than that, however, and it's a double-edged sword.  Personally, I like seeing what they're working on, and I don't mind waiting for it to be in good shape, even if that takes years.  Sometimes game dev be like that.

In this case, Modular Archwings just aren't done yet.  The devs have continued to talk about them, so I doubt they're being scrapped.

But yeah, if they scrapped it, I would probably be happy.  I don't like any of the modular gear in the game.  I would rather DE just designed a standard good piece of gear instead of giving me parts to make my own, because having the option to make sub-par versions of gear only has value if I'm looking for innovative ways to throw my resources in the garbage (I'm not).

What happened to so many things.  If DE are good at one thing. It faults advertisement. .. Pets rework not finished.  New war  , who knows.  Raids.  Third orb mother.  Melee 3.0 unfinished.  Night wave  being updated every3 months or so.  Hafe the stuff DE talks about   doesn't happen. ..

Archived