Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a way to increase the distance between your character and the screen?

SirEpsilon

Question

Today i decided to boot up warframe once again for the first time since i think , 2016?

Game looks great , lots of new and interesting content. Graphics are still amazing and luckily all my builds are still saved.

But the one thing that's bothering me a LOT , is how close my pet and my character are to my screen.

I turned up my fov to max (90) , i'm using a 24 inch monitor and i'm playing on 1080p 16:9

Is there some sort of setting i'm missing? Because my pet especially takes up like 1/4th of my screen when im not going full speed flying through the air and it's annoying me a lot.

Yes , i know FOV is less then in missions but in missions the issue is still there.

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, lhardy said:

I don't think so, maybe a 2k or 4k monitor may allow you to have more Field Of View.....but I'm using 3/2 monitor on a toaster PC, imaging how close my warframe is in my case..... XD

Sounds ... painful lol

Well i hope there's some kind of fix we're both unaware of , despite all the new content i want to try my pet/character taking up so much of my screen is probably enough for me to call it a day

I wasn't sure what you meant but you mean your sentinel ? for a start it looks like you have attachments on him making it bigger than usual? but no there is nothing you can do but take the attchments off, it will sometimes still hover in that position! 

if its still too much switch to one of the companions that runs along the ground like a kavat, kubrow, vulpa or predasite

Did you pull your camera away to get more field of view? (EDIT: You did. Missed that info on my first read)

Warframe was probably designed for over the shoulder perspective instead of full third person. So when you pull out that far, sentinels do fly in a very distracting position.

If you pay close attention from different angles, your butt / legs will look pretty awkward as well. DE has put more FoV than warframe can afford.

I'm with Soy77 on this.

WF isn't meant to be played where you see your avatar fully but instead it's an over the shoulder look.

This means that in general an FOV of 40 to 60 should be more then plenty. In that case your sentinel/pet/moa won't be hogging your screen.

FYI, I got +3.5k hours in game and I never ever had the issue of my companion blocking my view.

Dunno. 

I've never had an issue with either the warframe or sentinel positioning. 

I play with maxed FoV on a 21:9 monitor (3440x1440). No issues. I used to play on a 4K monitor with maxed FoV and never had issues there either (other than the monitor being a PitA with scalar issues). 

Not sure what to make of this. 

Only thing you can do is change your FoV to 90 on console.  Dont know what it goes to on pc but the more you have the more you see.  

I dont know why its so hard for DE to keep our pets out of our face/field of fire.   Sentinels have been moved directly over your head which is stupid.  Cant tell you the number of times my cat jumps in front of my mining laser.   

Archived