Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack is really a waste of time for solo players!

Stormwind81

I tried to finish missions that are still showing as "never finished" and doing that sound noise.

So far (we) failed 6 out of 7 missions because randoms like me didnt know what to do and the missions were totally unbalanced compared to the ship we had.

But I tried several planets and several different difficulties.

If Railjack is only feasable for a premade team with strong maxed out ships I think they need to overthink how it is working right now.

I wasted several hours today just to get that experience from it.

Like the rest of WF RJ can be soloed but does require some understanding of it. My F2P alt started RJ without any intrisincs', plexus mods, RJ upgrades etc yet could still clear all Earth nodes with just my own warframe and 1 engineer NPC. Later Proximas like Saturn/Neptune did require some plexus modding and my warframe to be better outfitted (sedna level capable) but still solo-able.

Really if you have a warframe that can do soties or steel path you have enough to solo railjack, as you experienced you will run around like a headless chicken to start but it will be clear what to do after some missions, just stay on earth proxima till you have a better grasp and you can go on from there.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb acevezwing:

It's feasible to solo the whole rj star map. Can you show your rj and plexus config?

Half of the time it wasnt my ship that took place in the mission. its easy to say its solo-able if you already have a good setup.

25 minutes ago, Stormwind81 said:

Half of the time it wasnt my ship that took place in the mission. its easy to say its solo-able if you already have a good setup.

Has your Clan Researched the MKIII Railjack parts and you crafted/equipped them to your Railjack?

As someone whom recently mostly play rj, and only do it solo, I disagree with a claim that it "is a waste of time for solo players" from the thread title.

Looking at the actuall content of the post, I see it OP issue is neither "playing solo" nor railjack, but public matchmaking. Which is a waste of time for grand most of game modes that require more than two braincells to complete.

So I can give a couple advises to remedy the problem:

I will assume here you don't have yet intrinsic points to spare on command line even to get the first NPC crew, so before you get there what you can do (at frankly this is what alot of people did back when rj launched before they managed to get rj geared) is to run earth proxima missions, park the ship itself away, and use slingshot to get close to the action in archwing, and clear the mission with archwing and crewship boarding. Don't forget to set you MM into friends only, invite only, or solo. Get those points into command to get first NPC crew asap, and once you get that, go to ticker in fortuna and get yourself your first NPC crewmate. Then assign that crewmate as an engineer. At this point it becomes virtually impossible for you to actually fail earth proxima missions, and you should have no issues getting enough of stuff to be able to clear next areas.

Am 24.5.2021 um 16:08 schrieb Elenortirie:

to be fair I would not risk public matchmaking for railjack even after I learned how it works xD

couldnt agree more...

Am 23.5.2021 um 18:30 schrieb Elenortirie:

Looking at the actuall content of the post, I see it OP issue is neither "playing solo" nor railjack, but public matchmaking. Which is a waste of time for grand most of game modes that require more than two braincells to complete.

This holds true even more so in Railjack... 90% of the people run around like headless chicken not knowing what to do just following others, which is by far the worst in RJ where you want to have a coordinated gameplay style and everybody is required to choose a part of the mission to get to the next part.  (Usually 2 on board and 2 outside doing maprelated stuff until you hit the main part boarding a ship as the 4 of you.)

Ive had the worst of  experience with pubs, i can only advice to find a friend to duo them with at least. Its not mandatory but makes your life alot easier / fastens up the time per mission.
Solo is especially nice in the beginning because you can just go at your own pace and learn the basics. Take your time and learn it, it will help you and anybody else you may join in the future more than you think.

Start out like this:
1) Do 1 "join any crew on this planet" to get intrinsics (earth or so, dont go for veil!)
--> join any crew, ask to be kindly carried because you need intrinsics for crewmate 1 to be able to get crewmates at tickets
--> buy yourself 2 gunner crewmates and one repair guy that can also kill boarding enemy crews
2) Get yourself the MK III upgrades from the Dojo. they will carry u all the way to the Veil
3) Once u get to the higher plants get yourself a Warframe that can survive Sortie without many issues, choose a weapon of your liking which has no trouble murdering some lvl 80 enemies

Most importantly, make yourself familar with the railjack mods and the forge on your ship

My two friends had the same experience as you, gruesome first railjack missions
I didnt and it took me a bit to understand why, i started my first missions with a crew (because i did a "join a crew" on earth, while they didnt and therefore lacked intrinsics and being able to buy crewmates... dunno why DE did this in the first place

Many good avices were given.👌

My first experience with RJ was awful, I never feel in the mood to try it again. Few weeks ago, after rework, I spend most my hardly earn Intresics on Command and get a good engineer, some stuff from the dojo and a dropped MKI shield. Only with that RJ get enjoyable.

While I still can't effectively play in a public group, I manage a slow solo and (mostly) enjoy it on all planets (unable to do vollatile and orphix missions yet though). I remember what cause me to fail on the first missions I tried to solo, and those are the next two points:

1. Despite having a short tutorial it probably run too fast for me or was played long before I actually tried a real railjack mission (since I had the mission to retrieve the key) I didn't well know how to fix. catastrophic failure and then mission failed. (it was around the new railjack revamp ~ at patch 29)

Learning to equip an omni in my gearwheel before going out for a railjack mission, and learning to use it to fix, along with being back to the normal weapon, helped me much

2. Crew ships... better read about it until you are comfortable with how to do this in various ways, depends on your style and what which is available for you. And possibly also chose a good weapon for higher level crewships later.

___

Other things which could be helpful:

3. If possible, better do first mission with friends who know you are new, then you can invest in command intrinsics and then having an access to NPC (via Ticker in Fortuna) like others said above. Use that also for learning and training in a slow pace if friends agree. Get command to 5 ASAP but also you want some other intrinsics ASAP (such as, if I recall correctly, tactical level 1 before anything else) so look at the descriptions.

4. You can get place-holder equippments on your dojo's dry doc if you desire so, and advance from there, like others noted above, until you get better ones. Personally I joined an earth mission as a first public one when all my intrinsics were 5 (you usually don't need gunnery 5 to join your first public earth mission, but only the first 1-3. Some people say you can "acceptedly" start join public earth mission when intrinsics beside gunnery are all 4 and gunnery is, say, 1-3) I just decided to level up all to 5 first, it's your call and it's not the common recommendation to level up gunnery to 5 so early) and I still made a mess but it usually should be enough. Anyway don't try to join public veil before you have the requirements (intrinsics 7) and upgraded things well enough and got more hold on how to play.

5. vollatile and orphix missions can be tricky (it's a problem I haven't overcame yet myself) - I have no good advice but a warning. If possible, try the orphics missions by a friend with a good necromech who is glad to help you with this obstacle, unless you have a well modded necramech. For vollatile, learn ahead the mechanics on the web, but I can say it's not a sure things to learn this only from the web though it's a must as a start, in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

If you think Railjack is a waste of time, try getting a Necromech!

It's easy in solo once you figure out the way to do it. Buy ppl for your positions, raise your Command Intrinsics level first, and go slow, grind on the early maps on the starchart until you get enough resources (scrap items you can repair and crafting materials for researching stronger versions of your ship parts), and Intrinsics points to make your ship better.

Until you get the orifice missions that is, or whatever those called... those are a cruel joke in solo, even with a full squad you need necromechs...

Archived