Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LGBTQIA+ Clan name Ideas

IPatato

Hey everyone. I have wanted to make a Pride clan in warframe for a while now but Lack the imagination to make a really cool inclusive warframe themed name. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas please lmk!

4 hours ago, IPatato said:

Hey everyone. I have wanted to make a Pride clan in warframe for a while now but Lack the imagination to make a really cool inclusive warframe themed name. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas please lmk!

The closest I got was my PS4 alliance name; Danger Bunnies with a rabbit chewing on a skull and the trans/bi flags in the background as the emblem. 

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

5 hours ago, IPatato said:

I'm not quite sure if this fits your idea of a pride clan, since I'm not a member of that community, but here's my ideas:

- Guns and Rainbows

- Murder Flowers

- Orokin Roses

- Pink Fluffy Warmachines

- Rainbow's Frontline

- Of War and Roses

- Straight was never an option That's sarcasm, ignore this one.

- Covert Messengers

That's the best I got.

13 hours ago, MagPrime said:

The closest I got was my PS4 alliance name; Danger Bunnies with a rabbit chewing on a skull and the trans/bi flags in the background as the emblem. 

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Ohhh I love that thats actually really cute! 

12 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

I'm not quite sure if this fits your idea of a pride clan, since I'm not a member of that community, but here's my ideas:

- Guns and Rainbows

- Murder Flowers

- Orokin Roses

- Pink Fluffy Warmachines

- Rainbow's Frontline

- Of War and Roses

- Straight was never an option That's sarcasm, ignore this one.

- Covert Messengers

That's the best I got.

Yesss I Love them thank you so much! My imagination is just not there in creating clans haha thank you so much <3 

The lore of Warframe is incredibly trans, so there's in-universe stuff you could put in your name for that.  However, that would just focus the vibe on transness, as opposed to the full spectrum of LGBTQIA+, so that's probably not the direction you want to go.  It could also be a spoiler to go in that direction, which is less desirable.

The umbrella of LGBTQIA+ casts a wide and diverse net, so I'd suggest using a name that doesn't focus too heavily on any one group.  So I wouldn't go for anything that is explicitly feminine or masculine, for example.  Instead, I would steer towards specific symbols of queerness.  The word "Pride" is good alone, but put it alongside any other word and the queer meaning becomes less obvious, so I would probably stay away clan names with "Pride" in them.  The only other specific symbol that's coming to mind is the rainbow, and I think that's the one you should definitely invoke in your clan name.

With that in mind, my suggestion for your clan name is: "The Void Rainbow".  I like this name because it works on multiple levels, since the Void is one of the most fundamental and intriguing parts of Warframe lore, the Tenno have a connection to the Void, and it's not so lore-deep as to be alienating or a spoiler to newcomers.  Beyond that, the aesthetic idea of a literal Void Rainbow just sounds beautiful to me, and since the Void works in the way it does, it's hard to know what such a thing might look like, though it probably isn't what anyone would expect.

Best of luck with your clan! 🌈

I see we added another letter to the acronym

Now I'm not saying whoever A is doesn't deserve to be recognized. All I am saying, is that normally human nature packs everything that is recognized into a smaller abbreviation, rather than a larger one. I mean we already truncated LOL to XD

32 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Now I'm not saying whoever A is doesn't deserve to be recognized. All I am saying, is that normally human nature packs everything that is recognized into a smaller abbreviation, rather than a larger one. I mean we already truncated LOL to XD

There's a ton of letters in there, first time I've seen it go past LGBTQ+ tbh.

21 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

That letter has actually been there for a long time, it's just a matter of who feels willing to type them all out, so I'm not surprised that you haven't seen it before.  LGBTQIAP+ is the longest version I'm aware of at this point.  Thought that's also why the + is there, as an attempt to be open to anything that may have been missed.  Though specificity has its advantages.

But yeah, it's an acronym, so if you add a word you need a new letter.  Though some of those letters are pulling double-duty, which does make it a bit more convenient.  There are also umbrella terms that can be used in place of the acronym, but since the ones I'm aware of are reappropriated slurs that still feel upsetting to older folks, I've found that it's best practice to just type out the acronym.  The acronym also has the benefit of acting as a show of good faith and inclusion, because if a person can't be bothered to type a single letter on your community's behalf, it's not especially promising.

Also this is a totally different topic, and maybe this shows my age, but I think of LOL and XD as two totally different emotes that I use in different circumstances.  For me, XD doesn't involve the sound of laughter, it's just the image of a face making an exasperated/humored expression, while LOL actually means you're laughing.  But since these types of language don't have explicit meanings or definitions, there's also no right or wrong definition; which makes it a very vague way of communicating emotion, but usually an effective enough kind when taken alongside context.

On 2021-05-25 at 12:09 AM, TARINunit9 said:

For those curious, the acronym here stands for (in order): Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Queer, Intersex and Asexual. If a second A is included, it usually refers to Allies.

On 2021-05-24 at 4:08 AM, IPatato said:

Not to be rude, but why exactly would you want to? I can only think of something rainbow related, and anything else would be controversial or not really appropriate for a game of sci-fi ninjas. You can do what you want, but I think subjects like these can start conflicts. That isn't to say that LGBT+ people shouldn't be treated the same, I just know that a lot of different kinds of people play Warframe, and region chat is indication enough. Just think the idea through is all

Since it just occurred to me that I hadn't contributed a suggestion, how about "Pride of the Lotus"? Simple, fits the setting (for those like me who find the more memeish clan names incongruous), and it's future-proofed for all kinds of inclusivity.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)NuclearSquiddy said:

Not to be rude, but why exactly would you want to? I can only think of something rainbow related, and anything else would be controversial or not really appropriate for a game of sci-fi ninjas. You can do what you want, but I think subjects like these can start conflicts. That isn't to say that LGBT+ people shouldn't be treated the same, I just know that a lot of different kinds of people play Warframe, and region chat is indication enough. Just think the idea through is all

By that reasoning, we shouldn't have any clans set up for a specific reason.  I've seen groups built around specific playstyles, frames, ethnicities, time zones, etc. simply so they have a group of like minded people to enjoy the game with. 

And part if the reason this is a controversial topic is because people insist on pushing their idea if appropriate on others.  We decide what is or isn't appropriate for our groups, not the entire community. 

4 hours ago, MagPrime said:

By that reasoning, we shouldn't have any clans set up for a specific reason.  I've seen groups built around specific playstyles, frames, ethnicities, time zones, etc. simply so they have a group of like minded people to enjoy the game with. 

And part if the reason this is a controversial topic is because people insist on pushing their idea if appropriate on others.  We decide what is or isn't appropriate for our groups, not the entire community. 

Fair enough I guess

Archived