Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everyone hates the Corpus Ship defence map right?

Guybrush88

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

The upside of this map is that your defense objective is incredibly safe because the enemies struggle so much to find their way to it. :)

Unless it's that sortie idiot operative that needs the defending!

I really hate that tileset. It's not that the place is too big, the room just have an empty space going way too high. When the cryopod is on top, there so much issues. Once it goes to the bottom, all those issues goes away. Corpus units run toward the target, they hide behind cover, spawn rates are good. It's like the AI line of sight force them to stay away from players. Since the AI can spot the player from 9000m away, the units just avoid that giant open space. 

44 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

Use Loki and put him in one of the side rooms, enemy pathing gets much better when he is in there too ^^

I like the Corpus ship redesign.

Not so much on the Defense Map, its good for Interception, but for Defense its too big.

Nearest comparison is Earth's Forest Defense, even then, that is a more open area.

Same with Mars' Defense.

In both of those, the enemy spawns under the area, sides and overhead. But they dont have the level of verticality the Corpus Ship's now has.

... and they dont spawn too far away.

56 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

Me: Atlas! Build a WALL around this idiot! TRUMP IT! TRUMP IT!

I agree that the "notoriously big" defense maps is a problem. For regular missions I do enjoy the huge rooms, it helps remind me I've infiltrated an actual ship of the Corpus Fleet. (Please ignore the giant windows in the center decks of the ship, we had extra budget after we stopped buying windows that constantly break.)

Depends on our own expectations of what defense missions should be like. Like this gameplay expectation video:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/fyel5e/gameplay_expectation_vs_reality

Slightly off topic: Found this live action demonstration prank of the Opticor. Looks awesome! Definitely what I would expect.

https://gfycat.com/ancientallargentineruddyduck 

(I couldn't get the videos to embed.)

9 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I agree that the "notoriously big" defense maps is a problem. For regular missions I do enjoy the huge rooms, it helps remind me I've infiltrated an actual ship of the Corpus Fleet. (Please ignore the giant windows in the center decks of the ship, we had extra budget after we stopped buying windows that constantly break.)

I miss those windows, used to love smashing them to drive the mates insane as we were running through the area and create a lockdown. :devil:

On 2021-05-24 at 1:55 PM, RazerXPrime said:

This would still not fix the map design issues

I did not say it would fix the problem, i said it would let ignore it for 4/5 waves.

On 2021-05-24 at 1:55 PM, RazerXPrime said:

In fact it would make people more angry, because you will get punished for the map design getting enemies stuck.

That punishment is what is already happening. With the proposed forced spawns, instead of going to clear stuck enemies every wave you would have to go clear them just at 5th wave. How would this make people more angry/more punished?

37 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

I did not say it would fix the problem, i said it would let ignore it for 4/5 waves.

That punishment is what is already happening. With the proposed forced spawns, instead of going to clear stuck enemies every wave you would have to go clear them just at 5th wave. How would this make people more angry/more punished?

No people get annoyed because it takes longer having to look for stragglers. Your example would get people angry because they would miss out on rewards. I don't see how that is an improvement.

15 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

No people get annoyed because it takes longer having to look for stragglers. Your example would get people angry because they would miss out on rewards. I don't see how that is an improvement.

Care to explain how looking for stragglers only at 5th wave (my proposal) would be worst than looking for them at all waves (actuality)? And how would that lead to diminishing rewards? Did you properly understood what i proposed?

2 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

Care to explain how looking for stragglers only at 5th wave (my proposal) would be worst than looking for them at all waves (actuality)? And how would that lead to diminishing rewards? Did you properly understood what i proposed?

I misunderstood, but you wrote so incoherently I cannot blame myself. I had to reread your post like 5 times to make sense of it.

Everyone I know strongly dislikes it. It just takes so. god. damn. long for enemies to get in the realistic killing area. And even then they're all spread out, there's walls and obstacles absolutely everywhere, and some of them never even make it that far. It's a total snoozefest and I actively avoid it when possible.

Wish it were more like Gears of War Horde mode. That is infinitely more fun by comparison. You could mix it up so the spawning and target was more like survival (i.e. Keep the target alive for xx minutes) where the difficulty and density ramp up over time. You could extract when you want (maybe go hit an 'extract' button somewhere). I would add to this that the target be more like in the sortie defence but you should be their bodyguard while they do something (i.e. hack a console to gather information, gather infection sample, etc). 

Will never happen and probably just better off going to find a game that has those features already.    

I don’t hate it….

I don’t like it but I don’t hate it…

I don’t like it….

I hate it….

this reads as a joke but is the short handed version of what happened when I tried to right a post talking about it.

So I guess I was wrong and managed to cut out all the interaction with people in the thread. I agree now. Hurrah

Let’s blow it up.

I think that particular corpus defense tile just highlights the issues with defense missions in general. That you have to do 5 round intervals and that you have to clear all the baddies before the next round starts. It's why speedva is even a thing. The bigger and vertical map just made the problems much worse.

It's funny because iirc the change to the bigger tilesets with the corpus rework (both the jupiter and the ship reworks) was to introduce more space for our super fast and agile super-ninjas to traverse. DE saw people disliked banging against doors, climbing on top of doorways, and bouncing around in tight small hallways not made for bullet jumping in mind and went for gigantic rooms in response.

This is all well and good. The problem is...the enemy don't move like we do. So having such a large and vertical map for a mission type like defense where the most efficient way to play the mode is to have the enemy come to us as we defend the target, thus no need to jump around and have a large space - is just counter-intuitive. It's all made worse by the fact that the enemy, by how defense works, spawn at the fringes of the map and so they gotta traverse all the ramps and stairways to even reach the target.

It's the worst defense tile in the game for all the reasons you described, and one more.  It's got some exploitable AFK/leech locations.  And as it's (understandably) nowhere near as popular as Hydron, I don't see this getting fixed any time soon.

It's fine for Interception, as many others have said.  But on defense it borders on unplayable.  I'd rather have that absurdly large rectangular outdoor Corpus defense because at least then you have some sightlines to take advantage of.  And you can also just abort and keep reloading until you get a smaller tile.  New Corpus defense is just a maze of walls, ramps, and shipping containers.

Archived