Jump to content

Everyone hates the Corpus Ship defence map right?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

It is, I was pretty disappointed to see that not only did they include this garbage map into railjack they also changed nothing meaningful about it. It came with the corpus ship update and for whatever stupid idiotic reason it's allowed to stay like that.

Shrug. It's their content and their business...if they want us to not play it, they can keep this type of thing right up. No skin off my nose.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

You DO realize that the game isn't meant to just be a statue simulator, right?

The fact that we need to move around a bit to accomplish the mission isn't a bug, it's a feature.  It's the POINT.

We have MORE than enough mobility to get from one floor to the other in seconds...  We have AoE weapons abound that can easily dispatch enemies on ramps above/below us without us needing to be face-to-face.  

If you're going to just spend time sitting at the cryopod WAITING for enemies to come to YOU, then yeah, it takes some time.
But if ya take the initiative to run about, hunt 'em down, and get to them first, it's not that bad.

It's not a PERFECT level, no, and it's definitely one of my less-favorite Corpus Defense tilesets, but it's not "bad", either.  

I mean, respectfully, it just seems like what y'all want is an "easy" tileset that makes standing in one place and clearing everything out in seconds possible...  I mean, just use Saryn, then :/ 

How does wanting 'Jump Pads' that launch you across the map equate to wanting to be a statue?

that's literally the opposite thing.

Ever played Quake 3 Arena? that's what I mean by Jump Pads and the ability to transfer between floors quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2021/5/24 AM2点58分 , Guybrush88 说:

-Room is too big

-Too many levels

-Enemies spawn far away and take forever to run to the middle

-There's always enemies that get lost and stay around spawn rooms

Its just terrible

they made ash farm in corpus ship defense tho, RIP new players

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

We had another corpus ship defence sortie yesterday, took my team 24 mins. As DE are unlikely to look at this any time soon, I wish they would take this mission out of the pool of sortie missions as a temporary measure. It takes twice as long as other defence missions.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-06-18 at 4:58 PM, ghoti0315 said:

they made ash farm in corpus ship defense tho, RIP new players

Hard to say which is worse, this or the old maniac farm. Either way, Ash is a running joke at this point: a frame that's just brutally unfun to acquire, and turns out to be MR/helminth fodder trash. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 14 Stunden schrieb -Augustus-:

Hard to say which is worse, this or the old maniac farm. Either way, Ash is a running joke at this point: a frame that's just brutally unfun to acquire, and turns out to be MR/helminth fodder trash. 

I have about 8 Ash sets left in my inventory that I picked up incidentally, so I’m going to say that the new one is worse.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 14 Stunden schrieb -Augustus-:

Hard to say which is worse, this or the old maniac farm. Either way, Ash is a running joke at this point: a frame that's just brutally unfun to acquire, and turns out to be MR/helminth fodder trash. 

you can say that about most of the warframes. the same with ivara or harrow etc. even if warframe can do something, it is nerfed into the bottomless and certain skills are made unusable. what happened to khora too. but people farmed them for weeks or even months.
and i have all warframes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-07-02 at 9:07 AM, (PSN)whit4242 said:

We had another corpus ship defence sortie yesterday, took my team 24 mins. As DE are unlikely to look at this any time soon, I wish they would take this mission out of the pool of sortie missions as a temporary measure. It takes twice as long as other defence missions.

that can only be achieved with video blog. and for this there must be a large auditorium.
even if you write that in feedback, it will most likely be ignored.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 2021-05-23 at 2:58 PM, Guybrush88 said:

-Room is too big

-Too many levels

-Enemies spawn far away and take forever to run to the middle

-There's always enemies that get lost and stay around spawn rooms

Its just terrible

A rare instance where DE needs to address spawn rates and enemy saturation in these “big magnificent” tile sets.

It’s even more problematic when an entire squad is trying to OPEN relics and you run out of time…

I get that this might partly be a “potato” issue, but let’s hope improvements can be made.

Edited by (PSN)Silverback73
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-07-02 at 9:07 AM, (PSN)whit4242 said:

We had another corpus ship defence sortie yesterday, took my team 24 mins. As DE are unlikely to look at this any time soon, I wish they would take this mission out of the pool of sortie missions as a temporary measure. It takes twice as long as other defence missions.

That is because people tend to play the game in the laziest way. Solo the map sucks for defense (not in arbitrations since you can pick your own spot), but in groups there should be no reason for it to take any longer than other maps. It only drags out when people refuse to actually play the game and just richard around in the middle. 4 players, means you can spread out in 4 directions. And oh my, what is that I see, a map split up by 4 access points!? No wai!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That is because people tend to play the game in the laziest way. Solo the map sucks for defense (not in arbitrations since you can pick your own spot), but in groups there should be no reason for it to take any longer than other maps. It only drags out when people refuse to actually play the game and just richard around in the middle. 4 players, means you can spread out in 4 directions. And oh my, what is that I see, a map split up by 4 access points!? No wai!

That level of coordination isn't required anywhere else in this game, except maybe high end Eidolon hunts.  And it doesn't solve the problem of enemies getting stuck hundreds of meters away.

 

It's a beautiful tile, but it sucks to play there.  And it's okay to admit that.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

That level of coordination isn't required anywhere else in this game, except maybe high end Eidolon hunts.  And it doesn't solve the problem of enemies getting stuck hundreds of meters away.

 

It's a beautiful tile, but it sucks to play there.  And it's okay to admit that.

People have just gotten spoled with the braindead setup of Hydron and similar places where 1 player out of 4 does anything. It doesnt require some stellar coordination to spread out across the ship tile to kill waves fast. As I said, people like to play the game in the laziest way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

People have just gotten spoled with the braindead setup of Hydron and similar places where 1 player out of 4 does anything. It doesnt require some stellar coordination to spread out across the ship tile to kill waves fast. As I said, people like to play the game in the laziest way.

It requires more coordination than any other defense tile, even that really big snow Corpus one.  That one at least has something resembling sight lines.  The tile this thread is discussing is discordant with every other defense tile in the game.  It's out of place and glitchy, hence the constant complaints about it.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It requires more coordination than any other defense tile, even that really big snow Corpus one.  That one at least has something resembling sight lines.  The tile this thread is discussing is discordant with every other defense tile in the game.  It's out of place and glitchy, hence the constant complaints about it.

 

Because people are lazy. We had the exact same complaints over Io on Jupiter since people had to move slightly more compared to the old one because it got changed from a pyramid to an inverted pyramid more or less.

I'm not saying the ship tile is good, I'm saying there is no actual issue with it in a group except people being lazy. It has issues in solo since you cannot spread out when playing solo. Doing it in a group with other people that actually plays and not just afks makes it as quick as any other tile. But that is often a big no-no in WF, actually playing the game when on defense maps.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

D.E destroy good map

io jupiter best defense or inter now its horrible

xini best inter now its horrible

coba its horrible but its more horrible now

i think D.E destroy hakkad next.

Edited by (PSN)chaniusul
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

People have just gotten spoled with the braindead setup of Hydron and similar places where 1 player out of 4 does anything. It doesnt require some stellar coordination to spread out across the ship tile to kill waves fast. As I said, people like to play the game in the laziest way.

It doesn’t freakin matter how ‘intelligent’ we play in that map though, the stupid AI gets stuck in a faraway corridor or far side of map with spawn points being way too far away.

 

We could all play Saryn with strategically placed spot and movement and still waste more time compared to other Defense maps because AI decided to get stuck somewhere 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OwlOfJune said:

It doesn’t freakin matter how ‘intelligent’ we play in that map though, the stupid AI gets stuck in a faraway corridor or far side of map with spawn points being way too far away.

 

We could all play Saryn with strategically placed spot and movement and still waste more time compared to other Defense maps because AI decided to get stuck somewhere 

200 meters ISN'T far, though, on that map, given that you're accounting for BOTH the distance horizontally AND vertically, as it IS a VERY "tall" map.  

If ya just bullet jump from the center, you can get clear across the map in seconds flat. I've done it.    

Hell, your projectiles can travel even faster, still!  

And when you've got 4 squadmates (and who knows how many spectres) traversing different quadrants, it's even less of an issue. 

No one is saying this is the "easiest" map to fight on... but "easiest" shouldn't be the GOAL.  It's only a problem if you're not willing to MOVE (in a game based around movement).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Because people are lazy. We had the exact same complaints over Io on Jupiter since people had to move slightly more compared to the old one because it got changed from a pyramid to an inverted pyramid more or less.

I'm not saying the ship tile is good, I'm saying there is no actual issue with it in a group except people being lazy. It has issues in solo since you cannot spread out when playing solo. Doing it in a group with other people that actually plays and not just afks makes it as quick as any other tile. But that is often a big no-no in WF, actually playing the game when on defense maps.

people are lazy i agree but  if you make a defense mission super slow because enemies spawn super spread, far and you have 350 walls,like kuva fortress defense for example, your single target weapons, melees, pistols are disabled, you are forced to use nuke warframes and aoe weapons (hello bramma and saryn) to at least get 5min timer like survival time.

Interception rotation are 4min, survival 5min, defense and disruption depends on you and tileset.

You understeand the point now? and in my opinion included exterminate and capture are bad too, i said it some weeks ago, new corpus maps looks great, they are beautiful but doesnt fill well with warframe, the game its just fast, and if you introduce a slow mission people will avoid it.

A super easy solution for corpus defense tileset, delete the second floor make it a single floor on objetive, and this make enemies spawns on top of you, and limit the spawn range (many times the last drone is 200m far away stuck in the corner)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

people are lazy i agree but  if you make a defense mission super slow because enemies spawn super spread, far and you have 350 walls,like kuva fortress defense for example, your single target weapons, melees, pistols are disabled, you are forced to use nuke warframes and aoe weapons (hello bramma and saryn) to at least get 5min timer like survival time.

Interception rotation are 4min, survival 5min, defense and disruption depends on you and tileset.

You understeand the point now? and in my opinion included exterminate and capture are bad too, i said it some weeks ago, new corpus maps looks great, they are beautiful but doesnt fill well with warframe, the game its just fast, and if you introduce a slow mission people will avoid it.

A super easy solution for corpus defense tileset, delete the second floor make it a single floor on objetive, and this make enemies spawns on top of you, and limit the spawn range (many times the last drone is 200m far away stuck in the corner)

1. You're just kinda proving @SneakyErvin's point...

2. These "run times" are arbitrary limits YOU set, not the devs and not the game.  It only "needs to be fast" because YOU say so...  Some of us actually enjoy casual pace in missions.  Not all of us are trying to "beat the game" ASAP.   Y'all are in a race to a red light....  You're rushing just to wait.  Why? 

3. To address you final sentence... NO.  Why should we make it just an easy-to-kill-everything-in-seconds generic map?  Y'all gotta MOVE a bit... why, in a game based around movement, is that a "bad thing"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

1. You're just kinda proving @SneakyErvin's point...

2. These "run times" are arbitrary limits YOU set, not the devs and not the game.  It only "needs to be fast" because YOU say so...  Some of us actually enjoy casual pace in missions.  Not all of us are trying to "beat the game" ASAP.   Y'all are in a race to a red light....  You're rushing just to wait.  Why? 

3. To address you final sentence... NO.  Why should we make it just an easy-to-kill-everything-in-seconds generic map?  Y'all gotta MOVE a bit... why, in a game based around movement, is that a "bad thing"?

Well you got the wrong target, my favorite missions in warframe are eidolon hunts and disruption (did lvlcap like 10 times), and in both missions you need to move, be active. I enjoy sometimes the slow gameplay from survival, my answer its kinda clear, when the tileset limit my gear, its just bad.

Another example my goal some months ago was reach lvlcap against all factions, and literally tried to not play that tileset, so you have an idea there.

ah also about being casual and those stuff, people try to be efficient because generally the grind is high, and if you aim for something you need optimize your game, and being honest with you, yes i already "beat" the game, and im not the most efficient player and i still thinking the tileset its just bad

Different opinions and playstyle i guess, looks like you dont care much about how is the game, i mean the desing and those stuff.

 

Edited by Danielw8
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PSN)JustJoshinEnt:

1. You're just kinda proving @SneakyErvin's point...

2. These "run times" are arbitrary limits YOU set, not the devs and not the game.  It only "needs to be fast" because YOU say so...  Some of us actually enjoy casual pace in missions.  Not all of us are trying to "beat the game" ASAP.   Y'all are in a race to a red light....  You're rushing just to wait.  Why? 

3. To address you final sentence... NO.  Why should we make it just an easy-to-kill-everything-in-seconds generic map?  Y'all gotta MOVE a bit... why, in a game based around movement, is that a "bad thing"?

Some of us like to actually play games for the gameplay, not as something to keep our hands busy while watching TV. This tedious, boring snooze-fest of a map is anti-thetical to that.

But what am I talking to people who think "I'm just lazy" because I think I should have to defend the objective in a Defense mission instead of running around the entire map picking off harmless enemies individually because bad pathing gets enemies stuck all the way back to their spawn point.

Edited by Krankbert
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's probably the worst map in the game at the moment.

I'm not a huge fan of defence as it is because it seems to go against the high mobility gameplay that is Warframe (AFK'ers may want to argue about that with me.)

The Corpus shipboard defence tile is the worst of them all. 

The map is huge, not just the defence target, but the surrounding area, which is full of all the little nooks and crannys that mobs can get stuck in forcing you to go hunt for them.

The verticality is a pain as most of the jumps are either blocked by architecture or just high enough that you have to stop and pause before you jump to ensure that you make it on the first attempt.

It feels as if someone designed this tile to look cool without actually bothering to think about the game play implications of such a twisty, turney, up, down layout.

It looks great, but it's a chore to play because of how the level design slows the game to a crawl at times.

3/10 Try harder.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, OwlOfJune said:

It doesn’t freakin matter how ‘intelligent’ we play in that map though, the stupid AI gets stuck in a faraway corridor or far side of map with spawn points being way too far away.

 

We could all play Saryn with strategically placed spot and movement and still waste more time compared to other Defense maps because AI decided to get stuck somewhere 

And why not play Saryn and other AoE nukes on the ship tile when people already do it on every other defense tile? O.o

6 hours ago, Danielw8 said:

people are lazy i agree but  if you make a defense mission super slow because enemies spawn super spread, far and you have 350 walls,like kuva fortress defense for example, your single target weapons, melees, pistols are disabled, you are forced to use nuke warframes and aoe weapons (hello bramma and saryn) to at least get 5min timer like survival time.

Interception rotation are 4min, survival 5min, defense and disruption depends on you and tileset.

You understeand the point now? and in my opinion included exterminate and capture are bad too, i said it some weeks ago, new corpus maps looks great, they are beautiful but doesnt fill well with warframe, the game its just fast, and if you introduce a slow mission people will avoid it.

A super easy solution for corpus defense tileset, delete the second floor make it a single floor on objetive, and this make enemies spawns on top of you, and limit the spawn range (many times the last drone is 200m far away stuck in the corner)

I dont see why people complain over using Saryn and Bramma when maps like the ship tile have been designed just because frames like Saryn have been so dominating in the mission type for years. I dont think there is any defense tile where I'd pick up a single target weapon or barely even melee if I actually worry about the completion time.

And changing the tileset to cater to snooze chart defense would destroy it for arbitrations aswell as interception. Oddly enough no mobs get stuck when doing Arbi defense on the ship tile. So maybe the simplest solution would be to give all defense missions the arbitration treatment, with a moving, living defense objective.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And why not play Saryn and other AoE nukes on the ship tile when people already do it on every other defense tile? O.o

I dont see why people complain over using Saryn and Bramma when maps like the ship tile have been designed just because frames like Saryn have been so dominating in the mission type for years. I dont think there is any defense tile where I'd pick up a single target weapon or barely even melee if I actually worry about the completion time.

And changing the tileset to cater to snooze chart defense would destroy it for arbitrations aswell as interception. Oddly enough no mobs get stuck when doing Arbi defense on the ship tile. So maybe the simplest solution would be to give all defense missions the arbitration treatment, with a moving, living defense objective.

I really struggle to understand why you're defending this awful tile.  There is a happy medium between this tile and the close quarters insta-nuke spam of Hydron/Helene.... it's called basically every other defense tile.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...