Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everyone hates the Corpus Ship defence map right?

Guybrush88

• 1 month later...

Main issue is more the AI then the map, if DE decided to improve the enemy AI so it doesn't randomly go braindead, examples being trying to walk through a door that doesn't connect to a map piece, standing completely still even when your standing right in front of them, not even cloaked or anything, or groups of enemies shutting their brain off when the pods being attacked by 10 or so other enemies and just standing there letting you kill them without any resistance. 

As much of a slog as this map can be, especially in solo missions given the sheer size, they really should improve the AI before changing up the map again, especially since we had the pathing issue back when we had the mutalist enemies added into the infested group, namely with the osprey enemies having their pathing almost non-functional in defense missions that they where removed from the defense missions entirely. the map size just makes it even more obnoxious since if multiple are chilling in their spawn rooms on the four sides of the map its going to drag out longer, especially for solo players having to travel across the map just to kill 4 enemies sleeping on the job per say. 

It's a really cool map design but it's a pain to play.  And those times you finally have a round that didn't feel like it took forever, the defense objective changes levels.

I love the place but I hate playing it.  I think it'd be ideal for a condensed Disruption mode and Interception.  Sanctuary Onslaught would probably work for it, too.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hooligonzo said:

It's a really cool map design but it's a pain to play.  And those times you finally have a round that didn't feel like it took forever, the defense objective changes levels.

I love the place but I hate playing it.

This exactly.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hooligonzo said:

Sanctuary Onslaught would probably work for it, too.

That's an excellent idea! While we're on the topic, it would be nice to get some of those tiles from Sanctuary Onslaught into playable missions.

This is the worst map for any activity in any game that has ever existed and I will 100% not be entertaining any arguments to the contrary.  Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful as far as how it looks.  But it so awful for doing literally anything in.  

I cannot stand this map because nothing makes it run faster.  As much as I don't like the revamped Io defense map on Jupiter, this is so much worse it's not even funny.  It legitimately feels like DE designed the layout to remove absolutely anything at all that could possibly speed the mission up.  It feels like it was designed to take forever.  Compared to how much nicer the old Corpus Ship defense map was, this map honestly feels friggin spiteful.

5 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

That's an excellent idea! While we're on the topic, it would be nice to get some of those tiles from Sanctuary Onslaught into playable missions.

I'm having trouble remembering any of the tiles from ESO that aren't actually in the game.  There's a couple that are only in quests, I'm pretty sure, but I can't think of any that only appear in ESO.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I'm having trouble remembering any of the tiles from ESO that aren't actually in the game. 

There's a really big Mars room that I've never seen elsewhere. It could be from an event but I wouldn't know for sure, maybe Cryotic Desert Skates? 

CryoticSkate.png

19 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

There's a really big Mars room that I've never seen elsewhere. It could be from an event but I wouldn't know for sure, maybe Cryotic Desert Skates? 

CryoticSkate.png

That's the only tile I could think of that you could be referencing.  I could have sworn I had seen it before, but I can't remember where.  Maybe a conclave map?

Have you guys noticed that there's always one Enemy that gets stuck in the exact same spot every single wave ? It's just one level believe the Top nearby a small corner... Literally every wave exact one enemy will stand down there and refuse to turn the corner and go upstairs...

I wouldnt be surprised to discover this behavior is working as intended... It happens way too often to be a "Whoopsy"...

On 2021-05-23 at 10:38 PM, Zhoyzu said:

Its actually one of my favorites.

A lot of it is out of nostalgia.

Surely you are talking about the original one, right?

14 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Have you guys noticed that there's always one Enemy that gets stuck in the exact same spot every single wave ? It's just one level believe the Top nearby a small corner... Literally every wave exact one enemy will stand down there and refuse to turn the corner and go upstairs...

I wouldnt be surprised to discover this behavior is working as intended... It happens way too often to be a "Whoopsy"...

"There is no accident, only a chance for players to let the defense target regenerate it's health and shields." - Master Oogway, probably.

On 2021-05-23 at 1:58 PM, Guybrush88 said:

-Room is too big

-Too many levels

-Enemies spawn far away and take forever to run to the middle

-There's always enemies that get lost and stay around spawn rooms

Its just terrible

Not to mention Zephyr is impossible to use effectively. Tornadoes just pull enemies in, yet I'll find so many enemies alive trying to fuse with walls. Ik just play a different frame...but I like Zephyr.

19 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Every few rounds one of the enemies gets stuck in one of those long, pointless upper hallways.  Like on Hydron an enemy will get stuck in one of the spawn closets here and there, but it's a bullet jump away.  It's so much more of a hassle on this map.

I think defense in general is a boring game mode. 

For this map I either do a high range sayrn.  It's the easiest probably to deal with the size and stuck enemies. 

More fun is standing at the top on one of the pillars and using mag to bubble enemies as they come in i do this most of the time. 

I wouldn't say I hate it (unless you can Mildly Hate something) but I do dislike it. Whenever the Objective moves it takes forever and ends up just wasting time. Something like the Ceres defense or the Saturn/Sedna defense is fine because it's only for a moment, but it takes a solid 25 seconds for the objective to move on the corpus tileset. Many of the reasons listed here are similar reasons as to why I dislike it. Too large, the paths are never straight so there's a lot of turning, etc. For a DS defense, I find it to be fine, since the Infested are quick, but the Corpus move too slowly for it to be a very viable place for farming.
Grineer have it a lot better (except for the scenario where they just go below and stay below the objective)

On 2021-10-12 at 3:11 PM, LillyRaccune said:

On 2021-10-13 at 11:04 AM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

That's the only tile I could think of that you could be referencing.  I could have sworn I had seen it before, but I can't remember where.  Maybe a conclave map?

The last map of Law of Retribution trial (a.k.a. raids) where we fought Vay Hek?  

Archived