Railjack scrap system not very efficient.

13 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

DE is stubbornly insisting on this randomized stat system, so we can't just have unlimited slots. That's the real issue, and the wreckage slots and crap are just a symptom of that

TARIN... OP is in PSN... He hasn't got the streamline we got last week.

And we have unlimited slots btw, just don't identify the scrap to get the randomized bonus, but even if you do, you are doing it to use it. Filling the 30 slots is now on your head and won't stop you from playing the missions like before.

5 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

TARIN... OP is in PSN... He hasn't got the streamline we got last week.

I know. That doesn't change my point

In the beginning of Warframe, there was no difference between having one of every item, and having a million of every item. It was the same burden on DE's servers.

But now with Kuva weapons, with rivens, with randomized Railjack loot, DE have shot themselves in the foot. Now they have to track every single item in your inventory. So they had to start putting in caps. Caps on how many mods we had was unheard of before the War Within, it was practically absurd. And now in Railjack, imagine if every time you picked up a Gorgon blueprint from a dead Grineer it counted against your weapon slots. That's how absurd the Railjack item limits are compared to old Warframe

So no,

5 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

And we have unlimited slots btw, just don't identify the scrap to get the randomized bonus, but even if you do, you are doing it to use it. Filling the 30 slots is now on your head and won't stop you from playing the missions like before.

This isn't about me. This is about what DE did to themselves

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I know. That doesn't change my point

In the beginning of Warframe, there was no difference between having one of every item, and having a million of every item. It was the same burden on DE's servers.

But now with Kuva weapons, with rivens, with randomized Railjack loot, DE have shot themselves in the foot. Now they have to track every single item in your inventory. So they had to start putting in caps. Caps on how many mods we had was unheard of before the War Within, it was practically absurd. And now in Railjack, imagine if every time you picked up a Gorgon blueprint from a dead Grineer it counted against your weapon slots. That's how absurd the Railjack item limits are compared to old Warframe

So no,

This isn't about me. This is about what DE did to themselves

The point still stays that as far as PC version goes we do have essentially unlimited wrekage slots for the moment being.

Also your analogy falls short - what you describe only applies to mods, and resources. Weapons and warframes (and companions) were always limited in slots, because lo and behold, they earn money by selling you those slots.

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

And since the beginning we've been limited by the number of slots we own while the only things that have a hard slot cap are Riven slots and Inspected Wreckage. Kuva weapons and built Railjack weapons are no different than regular Weapon, Frame, Companion, etc slots where if there is a hard cap it's so much higher than the total gear in that category it doesn't matter. So the only thing that is actually different here is Rivens (the only thing where randomized stats have actual weight) while Inspected Wreckage is something nobody needs to be sitting on a lot of.

Also you're making a flawed comparison to the old Railjack system. If the rest of the game worked like it then picking up a random Gorgon bp would count against your blueprint inventory, not your weapon slots.

42 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

Also your analogy falls short - what you describe only applies to mods, and resources. Weapons and warframes (and companions) were always limited in slots, 

36 minutes ago, trst said:

And since the beginning we've been limited by the number of slots we own 

BUILT weapons had limited slots. Railjack had limited built weapons AND limited blueprint inventory. But rather than just drop the randomized stats and let us have unlimited blueprints like we had for six years before RJ, they did a weird half measure that doesn't so much fix anything as it does sweep it under the rug and let you (as in, you two personally) ignore it

35 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

But rather than just drop the randomized stats and let us have unlimited blueprints like we had for six years before RJ, they did a weird half measure that doesn't so much fix anything as it does sweep it under the rug and let you (as in, you two personally) ignore it

I honestly don't see what you're still unhappy about, since you can now have unlimited blueprints.  What is the precise use case that is still causing you grief?

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I honestly don't see what you're still unhappy about, since you can now have unlimited blueprints.  What is the precise use case that is still causing you grief?

1) I hate bad design existing at all, 2) the randomized parts are just a superfluous grind for the sake of grind, rather than a meaningful grind like the weapons of old, but the relevant one, number 3) to craft new Railjack parts I have to go into the blueprint storage, move the parts I want to build one by one over to the limited storage which still freaking exists for some stupid reason, then move them out of limited blueprints into limited slots by crafting them. Each and every time I want to craft a new weapon, or even just upgrade a weapon through the valance system, they make us use three menus and three inventories for no reason, when they already did the same thing with two in the past

Tl;Dr I am NOT the kind of person who thinks "well I have gotten used to the old, bad way of doing things, so there is no need to fix it." Just freaking fix it

10 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

BUILT weapons had limited slots. Railjack had limited built weapons AND limited blueprint inventory. But rather than just drop the randomized stats and let us have unlimited blueprints like we had for six years before RJ, they did a weird half measure that doesn't so much fix anything as it does sweep it under the rug and let you (as in, you two personally) ignore it

Except wreckages are not same as blueprints. It may seem like they are, but they are not.

Also don't get me wrong, I am not a big fan of the idea of randomized stats either. But instead of complaining about it in the thread about scrapping wreckages (of which I can now hold unlimited amount btw) I would rather voice my opinion on randomized stats in places that opinion belongs - feedback towards actuall rj mechanics.

EDIT:

9 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

rather than a meaningful grind like the weapons of old

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, that's a good one.

54 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

Also don't get me wrong, I am not a big fan of the idea of randomized stats either. But instead of complaining about it in the thread about scrapping wreckages (of which I can now hold unlimited amount btw) I would rather voice my opinion on randomized stats in places that opinion belongs - feedback towards actuall rj mechanics.

Yeah, I guess you have a point there

54 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, that's a good one.

If we're still here after eight years, clearly it had to have been meaningful. Or we have Stockholm Syndrome. One of those two

5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

If we're still here after eight years, clearly it had to have been meaningful. Or we have Stockholm Syndrome. One of those two

there were meaningfull things, but weapons grind was not one of them in my humble opinion :)

19 minutes ago, (PSN)spdwyblu05xrun said:

If I could just highlight 20 items to scrap at once...like the ducats menu. But nobody likes Captain Obvious.

I havent checked the content of todays patch for console, but when the previous build pc has finally makes it ways to console you'll be able to do just that.

Archived