Orokin Cells from Void Survival?

(NSW)Smashbrolink

Question

Posted (edited)

Just a quickie for those in the know; is it possible to get Orokin Cells [and as an aside, Argon Crystals] as drops from enemies in a Survival mission in the Void?

Again, for EMPHASIS, what I want to know is if these resources can drop specifically from regular enemies.

Not containers/lockers/special&boss enemies.

I'm eyeing the Ani [lvl 20-25] mission, but I'll go to Mot [lvl 40-45] if mission level range dictates drop chances for rare mats...

Just wanna take advantage of that 3-day Barro resource booster, ya know?

Edited by (NSW)Smashbrolink
For clarification.

12 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Smashbrolink said:

So, if I'm not misunderstanding you, I shouldn't count on regular enemies, in any Survival on any planet, dropping Orokin Cells or Argon Crystals, and should go container-hunting for them instead, right?

No. You are not understanding me at all.

The resources I listed are -the resources that can drop from all sources in a given sector-

If you want Orokin Cells then farm them in Ceres, Saturn or Deimos missions. Mission type is irrelevant, they will drop randomly from all enemies and loot containers provided you are in the appropriate sector.

Orokin Cells do not drop randomly in void missions. This is the wrong sector for this resource.

You can find all the relevant resource information ingame when you select a sector and the resource option in the lower right hand corner of the screen. You can also check where to find the appropriate resources from the resources I linked to in my original response.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There is an option ingame to view the resources available in each sector.

Having said that, Void sector missions have the following resource pool:

Ferrite
Rubedo
Argon Crystals
Control Module

Orokin Cells can be found in the following sectors:

Saturn
Ceres
Deimos

You can also get them randomly in loot containers and from bosses or the Stalker

Reference pages:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orokin_Cell
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Resources
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Void

Edited by Leqesai

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

There is an option ingame to view the resources available in each sector.

Having said that, Void sector missions have the following resource pool:

Ferrite
Rubedo
Argon Crystals
Control Module

Orokin Cells can be found in the following sectors:

Saturn
Ceres
Deimos

You can also get them randomly in loot containers and from bosses or the Stalker

Reference pages:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orokin_Cell
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Resources
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Void

Thanks, I guess I was mistaken on the Orokin Cells dropping in void part.

That said, I think I should have clarified myself better...

What I want to know, is if these two rare resources can drop, >specifically<, from enemies themselves.

I know they can be found as bits on the ground and in lockers.

But I can't recall them dropping from enemies.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Smashbrolink said:

Thanks, I guess I was mistaken on the Orokin Cells dropping in void part.

That said, I think I should have clarified myself better...

What I want to know, is if these two rare resources can drop, >specifically<, from enemies themselves.

I know they can be found as bits on the ground and in lockers.

But I can't recall them dropping from enemies.

The resources that are available are the ones that drop specifically from enemies.

What I listed are the resources that appear in loot containers, from enemies and when using extractors.

Random spawns of rare loot only occurs from boss incursions (like Stalker for orokin cells) and from rare resource containers. 

When people talk about the resources available sector to sector they are specifically talking about the ones that drop from enemies, appear in random loot containers and farmable from extractors.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Smashbrolink said:

So does that mean regular enemies cannot drop them?

if by "them" you mean hexanon, you only get hexanon from enemies, everything else either comes from resource containers or enemies (i think generic containers can do planetary resources as well)

I think Corrupted Vor can drop Orokin Cells (so if you saw Orokin Cells in Void, that's likely where it came from)... but I wouldn't farm him to specifically get Orokin Cells.

6 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The resources that are available are the ones that drop specifically from enemies.

What I listed are the resources that appear in loot containers, from enemies and when using extractors.

Random spawns of rare loot only occurs from boss incursions (like Stalker for orokin cells) and from rare resource containers. 

When people talk about the resources available sector to sector they are specifically talking about the ones that drop from enemies, appear in random loot containers and farmable from extractors.

So, if I'm not misunderstanding you, I shouldn't count on regular enemies, in any Survival on any planet, dropping Orokin Cells or Argon Crystals, and should go container-hunting for them instead, right?

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

No. You are not understanding me at all.

The resources I listed are -the resources that can drop from all sources in a given sector-

If you want Orokin Cells then farm them in Ceres, Saturn or Deimos missions. Mission type is irrelevant, they will drop randomly from all enemies and loot containers provided you are in the appropriate sector.

Orokin Cells do not drop randomly in void missions. This is the wrong sector for this resource.

You can find all the relevant resource information ingame when you select a sector and the resource option in the lower right hand corner of the screen. You can also check where to find the appropriate resources from the resources I linked to in my original response.

That's great to know; thanks for your patience.😎👍

17 minutes ago, nslay said:

I think Corrupted Vor can drop Orokin Cells (so if you saw Orokin Cells in Void, that's likely where it came from)... but I wouldn't farm him to specifically get Orokin Cells.

Corrupted vor has a 50% chance to drop orokin cells. You are correct. This is not a viable way to farm the resource as he only appears once per valid mission.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, (NSW)Smashbrolink said:

Just wanna take advantage of that 3-day Barro resource booster, ya know?

Lt. Lech kril has been my go to place for orokin cells for a while.

If you have boosters, you can easily get two per run without specifically looking for them, just by speeding through the mission. As a drop from the boss itself, or from containers you happen to pass on your way to the boss.

Edited by Soy77