Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

state of relics and vaulted prime stuff

svift03

can i just say the state of relics, for example rare ones, frames that haven't been unvaulted for a while are basically unobtainable for average players due to "relic  hunters" buying out all the stock just so they can resell the primes farmed from them for practically whatever price they dictate, the quick fix to this would be to flat out make relics untradable, or at least vaulted ones. a better fix would be to bring relics out of the vault and into specific game modes for example open worlds since after u max out standings there you never visit them again, let's just say you add loki and volt relics into tiers on earth, ember and frost on deimos, rhino and nova on fortuna, that would add reason to play open worlds. you could also make some of the relics obtainable thru kdrive races. either way this needs to be looked at since it's becoming a problem

Nope to untradable, I'm not seeing it becoming a problem.

Nope to bring them out of the vault, how else would DE get players excited to say around, they might miss out on a rare relic.

Open worlds are a pile of stink at the moment with bugs and lagg, I only go near them now when I have too.

As Slayer said from a business point of view, keeping stuff vaulted is the way to go.

For your 'average' player it is annoying and I can understand those that thirst to get their hands on Loki Prime.

But for DE any 'average' player buying Loki for 500p on the trade chat is a source of income. It's how the game stays alive. 

If you want him for viability, welp, Loki Prime isn't super important to have. You can get Octavia Prime, who does the same things and more for a fracture of the price. Also regular Loki is just fine as well.

If you want him just for the sake of having him, you pay the collector's fee, sorry. 

I agree that getting vaulted stuff is a problem for newer players, but that is what the vault means. It really is a way of removing content from the game, for a while.

I can also agree that it is a problem when huge whales are buying up content in order to sell a inflated prices. From an IRL viewpoint it is even the antithesis of how a free market is supposed to work (which is why all IRL free markets have laws about monopolies and cartels).

But I also think that there are huge amounts of relics and parts gathering dust in storage of millions of players, simply because the current trading system sucks. The solution to your problems (and to getting a maximum free market system) would be to implement a post-it -type "trading-house", where everyone could easily put a sellable item for sale with a price, and anyone wanting to buy it at that price could do so with a simple click. This would make "millions" of players list tens of millions of stuff for sale. That would be more than all the whales could ever buy, and the price point of items would be as "free market" as possible (which is lower than currently, which would make all current traders with large stocks cry).

However, such a technically easy solution would also have the consequence of making "all content" easily available for all players, removing part of the incentive to play the game for relics and drops and removing part of "specialness and lustre" of certain parts and frames. I don't have any numbers (DE surely has) but by "rule of thumb" I am pretty damn sure that there already (currently) is enough relics and parts "in storage" to cover all new player needs, if they would just find their way to a market.

So it's a continuous balancing act, in a way.

5 hours ago, svift03 said:

the quick fix to this would be to flat out make relics untradable

So....... You don't want to pay plats to get vaulted frames.

You just don't mind doing dead contents to acquire them, as long as they're free.

Well, bud... As fellow player i have no reason to oppose the idea -free stuff are free stuff. But as a logical person I see absolutely no reason why DE would abandon their unvaulting system that clearly bring business.

12 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

So....... You don't want to pay plats to get vaulted frames.

I think OP has meant that they are unable to contest trading barons when it comes to vaulted relics acquisition. No idea how OP did arrive to conclusion that making them untradeable at all will fix that particular issue tho.

As for vaulting as a whole, whole system is a relic (pun not intended) of the old void system where you have got void keys leading to a limited amount of mission types on limited amounts of tiers, and with more and more primes, drop tables for those got really crowded. Going off by first statements on it by [DE]Steve himself, it was meant to be temporary fix to that problem until they "blow up the void" which happened with fissures and relics. But DE has smelled cash in the water in form of unvaulting packs, so the prime vault was not removed. Now before someone jumps in that where to put relics as rewards without dilutiong those drop tables as well - there is literally whole game worth of drop tables of space that could easilly fit those relics without issue.

There is some hope tho as recent DE's permanent unvaulting of two frames (by putting their respective relics into railjack reward pools), sets up precedence, so hopefully more frames will join the fray.

(PS. there are still prime accessories that could be sold via prime vault unvaultings)

Players making optimal trading decisions deserve the fruits of their labor. I am sensing that your underlying issue with Vaulted Relics is that they are quite profitable. 

The way to fix the Prime Vault is to simply unvault more Warframes at a time. Instead of 2, make it 4. We already have TennoCon Vaulted Warframe Twitch drops, Baro with Volt Prime Relics, and Railjack bringing Relics. 

ultimately, DE makes a lot of money from unvault access with the current system, due to artificial scarcity of those primes making them low in supply, but high in demand; so people are more likely to buy these unvault packs when they release. DE won't change something that already makes them money, Rivens are the best example of that.

and making relics untradebale is just a dumb move.. and would only make the already bad surplus problem even worse. if anything we need more places to get rid of relics, or ideally a relic kiosk where unwanted relics can be exchanged for something more worthwhile. 

Archived