John Prodman

nslay

So after my very first successful attempt at John Prodman, I've been introducing strangers in random public games to John Prodman! Some are brave enough to stay for an hour! Most aren't though.

And well, the most recent players I helped reach John Prodman were disappointed in the lack of an intro screen or any kind of menacing dialogue! He's supposed to be a boss right? It can't be too hard to add this, can it? Clem gets a lot more attention and he has similar origins as John Prodman!

Also noteworthy is that you don't get the autograph if you're not near him when he dies. I let my team mates kill him since I had done it twice already! I stayed away! Alas, I did not get my 3rd autograph. But why not?

And what would compel me to keep playing Index? Cerata is hilarious in Index! Glaives in general are just a barrel of laughs! Maybe one of these days I will subject myself to the torture of Steel Path John Prodman... though Cerata has its practical limits with ultra high level Auditor/Raptor!

Upshot: Maybe add intro screen/menacing dialogue when John Prodman shows up Index! He's a boss and deserves an intro with menacing dialogue.

I agree :)

Perhaps they could give Prodman & Clem their own Codex entries while they're at it.

• Maybe a new "Allies" Codex section, for every allied NPC you can scan in the game. Railjack Crewmates (Who count as a different scan when in / out of the Pilot seat!), Latrox Une & his drone, the Special Coildrive from Orb Vallis bounties (Though it might be an object instead?), and so on.
  • Of course, John Prodman wouldn't be an ally in that section, since he's another fighter in the Index.

Just some food for thought.

8 hours ago, nslay said:

Upshot: Maybe add intro screen/menacing dialogue when John Prodman shows up Index! He's a boss and deserves an intro with menacing dialogue.

I don't think that would be in the spirit of the original John Prodman tale.

He's based on an encounter with an allied Prod Crewman NPC, which managed to take down Phorid with just his Prova.

Maybe he has some elements of Gordon Freeman baked into his current charachter, which also is almost entirely silent and is known for fighting aliens with just a onehanded melee weapon.

Sadly the all the pictures of his story were hosted on tinypic and are now gone, but just imagine a Prod Crewman and a Phorid in a fight.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/187402-the-most-badass-ever-in-warframe/

John Prodman is a legend that comes to check out your skill, once he is satisfied he leaves and gives you his autograph.

They should give him some short health gates so you can actually get a good look at him, if you have a team that reaches 1 hour of the index, you will most likely make him sign his autpgraph in two secconds.

Archived