General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Wukong - Celestial Twin - Kuva Ogris - doesn't shoot weapon, only in melee range.

Amodent

Recently acquired the Kuva Ogris, but when i gave it to Celestial Twin, he doesnt seem to use it as he supposed to. He has to go almost melee range to shoot the weapon.

Farther than ~3m he doesn't shoot a single bullet, only aim, or just walks around doing nothing. Is it a bug?

• Like 4

My on-call holds his fire a lot as well. I ended up replacing with acceltra.

The fire pattern is weird as well. He dumps the entire mag immediately and he does so far faster than it's possible for a player to shoot ogris, thus spending most of his time reloading.

Even if it is held on the normal variant, he supposed to shoot it from time to time, right? This dumdum doesn't shoot anything unless its at least 5m close. But when something gets that close, he shoots the entire mag in less than a second. I think it's a bit broken too.

Edited by Amodent
More info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recently acquired the Kuva Ogris, but when i gave it to Celestial Twin, he doesnt seem to use it as he supposed to. He has to go almost melee range to shoot the weapon.

Farther than ~5m he doesn't shoot a single bullet, only aim, or just walks around doing nothing. But when something gets that close, he shoots the entire mag in less than a second. Is it a bug?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The AI for Wukong's twin is REALLY funky. It heavily prioritizes melee in general and doesn't seem to know how to use many weapons well.

Your twin is best off using a shotgun or anything that does high damage at point blank. It outright doesn't know how to use snipers well, and can't use bows that need charging to fire like Daikyu at all. It also has surprisingly AWFUL accuracy with most guns, again making it best suited for something at point blank.

Now if your twin is using melee, it's actually disgustingly more efficient than you could ever hope to be in most cases. Which is probably the intent but it makes most weapons virtually - and sometimes literally - useless.

They need to adjust the AI to stop treating most guns like a melee weapon. But at least until then, you can use a shotgun or dual pistols to make up for it til they hopefully eventually fix it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My ogris is at 100.0 accuracy... Even with shotguns, the twin tries to snipe down enemies much further away.

As of december of 2021, the bug is still active.

More than half a year passed since my first post about this (in my opininon) minor bug, and wukong's celestial twin still can't shoot properly with kuva ogris. 

Please, fix this.

It only needs fire rate and range fix.

Edited by Amodent
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2021-05-24 at 1:26 PM, Zeddypanda said:

My on-call holds his fire a lot as well. I ended up replacing with acceltra.

The fire pattern is weird as well. He dumps the entire mag immediately and he does so far faster than it's possible for a player to shoot ogris, thus spending most of his time reloading.

Specters dont actually have magazine size. They randomly reload weapons to make it seem like they have mag size but they dont.

Weapons with high reload speed negate issues that come up from this behavior while slow reload weapons basically end up with constant reloading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got myself a Kuva Ogris and wanted t try it out on wukong for some celestial glory, but instead i was disappointed.

The clone has no problems with any other weapons, apart from charge-up bows, and wanting to engage enemies far beyond effective range with weapons that have falloff.

With the Kuva Ogris the clone waits for the enemies to get danger close and then unloads the entire magazine in a ridiculously quick burst.
The Equinox Duality clone suffers the same problems with the Kuva Ogris.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tired this weapon an my on-call railjack crew yesterday, and sadly it is bugged there as well, with the crewmember even reloading after every melee range shot.

I was super excited when i got the kuva ogris for all the specter and clone interactions, please look into this.

• 3 weeks later...