Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Railjack Gunners shoot at Radiators on Grineer POI in Railjack Grineer missions

KVG_UMBRA

Since you are improving the behavior of the Railjack Crew in the next patch, it would be very helpful to make such a small improvement that will make life a lot easier for solo players.

I'm not a developer of any kind and I don't want to judge DE by their work but is it really that hard to mark those radiators as enemies to make gunners aggro at them like they aggro on regular enemy ships?

They already do shoot at the radiators - as long as the railjack is positioned where they can see them. I play the new railjack almost exclusively solo (the few times i played in pubs, I'd get stuck with hosts who had 1-2K health on their railjacks), and the crew gunners shot down the radiators plenty of times.

I suspect that what's happening is that radiators have a rather low target priority (because, unlike other things, radiators aren't shooting back), so the gunners take quite a while to get to the radiator.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

They already do shoot at the radiators - as long as the railjack is positioned where they can see them. I play the new railjack almost exclusively solo (the few times i played in pubs, I'd get stuck with hosts who had 1-2K health on their railjacks), and the crew gunners shot down the radiators plenty of times.

the only time I've got mine to shoot it was if they aggroed on something that happened to be behind the radiator - outside of that it does not matter where I park my RJ I still need to get back to it to blow it up myself. and I get to pulse turbines/missile platforms/asteroids until after I killed everything outside.

(and I park it carefully to to have both of them in line of sight so I don't have to move the ship to shoot it off)

The do aggro on missile platform turrets that are something that cannot be damaged with guns >.>

I think that gunners not targetting radiators (and the curpos securities thingies) willingly is design decision on DE's part to force player to do rj part on those circumstances. And yeah I would love it myself if they actually did target those things.

1 hour ago, Elenortirie said:

the only time I've got mine to shoot it was if they aggroed on something that happened to be behind the radiator

This might be the case - I can't say I park my RJ particularly carefully when I go into an "inside" phase of a Railjack mission. So when the gunners aren't shooting down the radiators, I tend to chalk it down to them not having line of sight. But I haven't experimented with it enough to definitively say which of the situations was accidental - them shooting the radiators down or them not shooting the radiators down.

Archived