Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charge Mechanic Option.

Liminal

I haven't thought this through, but I figured "hey, why not post it so people can tell me I'm a nub and l2p".

Just an idea: what if in the controls options we could check a box that read "click-charge weapons"?

What it would do is start up charge weapons with a click, and release the charge when you click again, instead of having to hold down the mouse button.

That's it.

I haven't thought this through, but I figured "hey, why not post it so people can tell me I'm a nub and l2p".

Just an idea: what if in the controls options we could check a box that read "click-charge weapons"?

What it would do is start up charge weapons with a click, and release the charge when you click again, instead of having to hold down the mouse button.

That's it.

In case of bows you would completely eliminate the ability to quickly fire a shot (or burst in case of the ballistica) so you would have to toggle the option based on witch weapon your wielding. Don't know about you but sins I like me bows this option would not be for me xD

In case of bows you would completely eliminate the ability to quickly fire a shot (or burst in case of the ballistica) so you would have to toggle the option based on witch weapon your wielding. Don't know about you but sins I like me bows this option would not be for me xD

Fair enough! But bear in mind it wouldn't completely negate it, you'd just need to double click for each shot. I know the idea has its drawbacks, it was aimed for the other charge weapons (Miter, Lanka, Ogris, Ballistica).

Fair enough! But bear in mind it wouldn't completely negate it, you'd just need to double click for each shot. I know the idea has its drawbacks, it was aimed for the other charge weapons (Miter, Lanka, Ogris, Ballistica).

Not so sure about the Ogris I'd rather not have that beast ready to accidental discharge in my face by having an autocharge option switched on :P

And I mentioned the Ballistica sins its 2 fire modes are dependent how long your charge up (not burst, full single shot)

Thus leaving the option usable for a small part of the weapons in game.

Keeping in mind that this would be totally up to the players personal preference and mine is in no shape way or form the standard ;).

Not so sure about the Ogris I'd rather not have that beast ready to accidental discharge in my face by having an autocharge option switched on :P

And I mentioned the Ballistica sins its 2 fire modes are dependent how long your charge up (not burst, full single shot)

Thus leaving the option usable for a small part of the weapons in game.

The ballistica would be the same as the bows, (single click + click later) for charged shot and double click for burst.

There would be no problem with the Ogris since you can always reload to cancel your charge. In fact I find it more dangerous to run around holding down the mouse button... I think an accident is more likely to happen if my finger gets tired or something!

The ballistica would be the same as the bows, (single click + click later) for charged shot and double click for burst.

There would be no problem with the Ogris since you can always reload to cancel your charge. In fact I find it more dangerous to run around holding down the mouse button... I think an accident is more likely to happen if my finger gets tired or something!

I don't  think the scenario that you would walk around with a charged weapon without a reason to shoot for so long that you become so tired you let it fly unintentionally is kinda unlikely.

I don't  think the scenario that you would walk around with a charged weapon without a reason to shoot for so long that you become so tired you let it fly unintentionally is kinda unlikely.

I actually charge the Ogris or Miter all the time. And when I have to sprint through a few empty tiles, holding down the button gets annoying.

I'm not saying everyone would use it, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who'd like this.