Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For veterans bored of game like i am

Apocryphos13

40 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Dat me! Although nowadays I’m also advocating for “Replace mods with others”. Removing mods mainly works at the starchart-level if the available alternatives to survival/killing mods are few.

🤔 Come to think of it, I always advocated for replacing if possible

Out of curiosity, can you share your favourite, most powerful, content trivialising build? Getting some insight into how someone in the higher-ups builds would further my knowledge 👍 

I actually don't have one one of those builds. I'm heavily focused on melee combat and frames that have melee-focused mechanics or damage-tanking abilities for getting close and personal:

- Valkyr (With Fire Blast)

- Umbra (With Gloom)

- Wukong (With Roar)

- Khora (With Condemn)

- Gauss (With Fire Walker)

- Ember (With Pillage)

- Ash (With Silence)

- Garuda (With Gloom and Reave)

Those are my most used frames. Known nukers such as Saryn and Mesa are at the bottom of my usage stats, and I only use Equinox or AW Khora for ESO. Also, not a single one of them use the Rolling Guard + Dragon key combo. 

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

As an Excalibur main I can say there is exactly one situation when going stab-happy isn't a good option.

...The Wolf of Saturn Six, otherwise even my unga-bunga caveman-build Pennant can erase anything that doesn't have a damage gate in a few seconds.

The sad thing is that Radial Blind/Howl is still on the lower end of CC quality compared to the myriad options that CC things even harder.

In fairness, Wolfy is basically immune to everything that isn't a Radiation Rubico Chroma or something to that effect, which is its own kettle of fish.

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I actually don't have one one of those builds. I'm heavily focused on melee combat and frames that have melee-focused mechanics or damage-tanking abilities for getting close and personal:

- Valkyr (With Fire Blast)

- Umbra (With Gloom)

- Wukong (With Roar)

- Khora (With Condemn)

- Gauss (With Fire Walker)

- Ember (With Pillage)

- Ash (With Silence)

- Garuda (With Gloom and Reave)

Those are my most used frames. Known nukers such as Saryn and Mesa are at the bottom of my usage stats, and I only use Equinox or AW Khora for ESO.

Mods...?

Just now, Jarriaga said:

For which one?

Can start with Valkyr. Someone linked their build into a different thread recently as a hyperlink (was expecting a similar thing). Expecting you to type out your mods is a bit much, so I'll look into how to link 👍

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Can start with Valkyr. Someone linked their build into a different thread recently as a hyperlink (was expecting a similar thing). Expecting you to type out your mods is a bit much, so I'll look into how to link 👍

Sure.

Spoiler

Warframe0279.jpg

It's a high efficiency build for constant Fire Blast casting with Eternal War to keep my attack speed bonus for as long as possible, Fire Blast is a Condition Overload primer that also removes armor, so I don't need more power strength for Hysteria.

16 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Sure.

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe0279.jpg

It's a high efficiency build for constant Fire Blast casting with Eternal War to keep my attack speed bonus for as long as possible, Fire Blast is a Condition Overload primer that also removes armor, so I don't need more power strength for Hysteria.

Neat. This looks like some thought went into this build.

Is this one of the ones that minces the content you're interested in? (sorry, still looking for how to link builds. It's such a cool thing)

edit: I think it was Overframe, but that looks like you'd have to make an account. Oh well

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Awesome!

I'm up to around 110 in Ultimate and it is so much better than the other games... Having a heck of a time optimizing my team.

Are you focused on optimizing one setup or do you roll new specializations regularly?

I'm running defiler right now with some nice debuff spam, it's way too nice. I just started unlocking more specs because 8 was doing pilgrimage missions to get the godspawn projects.

Op here, many responses here, so i'll share some more opinions.

I think that Warframe is mostly pretty good, there are questionable design choices, for sure, but i feel like the game reached a dead end, not in the sense of being on life support, but more as in ... it already offered what i expected of it.

I started playing around the release of ... Equinox ? If i recall correctly, and back then, you'd clean the main quests, jump in the void with your homies and pray for those sweet rare parts to drop, while extending your dojo as a side activity, quite nice and simple. I don't think any new planet, warframe or quest will live up to that level of expectation many people have with the game nowadays.

Second Dream was dope, but because it was new and unexpected, something surprising, and this is not something you get to pull off on command.

So, there's only so many damage numbers, packs of enemies and flashy guns that will keep me invested in a game i already enjoyed throughfully. I wish challenging activities were given a bit more attention, such as Pvp (i quite frankly enjoyed conclave for some time), raids and what not, but it did not happen, can't be helped.

With perspective, i really can't say that DE pulled their punches trying to expend the game and keep things fresh, but hey, it doesn't feel like playing space ninjas no more, and i don't think constantly focusing on the game's weak points (that i simply used to overlook because i was too occupied having fun), will bring the experience back for me ... and that's fine.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Neat. This looks like some thought went into this build.

Is this one of the ones that minces the content you're interested in? (sorry, still looking for how to link builds. It's such a cool thing)

I would not say it "minces" content, but it sure is functional.

To me, it's more they were always talking about being innovative, taking chances and doing something special.

Pushing out the same content, doing more frames and weapons, on generic run of the mill coasting, is exactly what they said they didn't want to do, when I started playing.

They added cetus, then they copy-pasted 2 more planets based on the exact same formula.

Then I had also assumed they would lean heavily into universe building and lore, since so many players seem invested in it.

There also seem to be a lot of inconsistency, a few mandatory mods and then 300 mods no one ever uses. Frames that are crazily overpowered while others collect dust.

Weapons as another example. A whole bunch of forgotten weapons, people might actually favor but the stats aren't good enough.

Focus schools, same problem or status effects for weapons.

You could go on all day, the customization options for people's dojos... the interest is there, the players are down to pay plat and put in the time but they just haven't done anything with it.

They want to do dojo contests but you only get the one generic room? While captura rooms are right there to be put to use, it just goes on like that.

Then they get caught up in railjack for 4 years, can't deliver on their own concept of it, yet are slow to make any changes to it after it fails.

I guess more than anything I would have expected them to be a lot more daring, experimental and creative.

Something like nightwave crime scene shenangians, seemingly installed to waste people's time and make them uninstall the game - to me, that's where you trust the strength of the lore and just go heavy on the story, have faith in the content, instead of worrying about making it a grind.

A little too formulaic, production cost vs playing time, cost of content vs grind requirements, it feels corporate, rather than independent.

15 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I would not say it "minces" content, but it sure is functional.

Huh. Doesn't sound like this one's causing you problems (I'm gauging from a positive tone I'm getting from your description of it). Sounds like this build has its place.

Thanks for sharing your build 👍. I'd like to see more, but it turns out it's a little fiddly to share builds (from what I've seen)

27 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

A little too formulaic, production cost vs playing time, cost of content vs grind requirements, it feels corporate, rather than independent.

It is corporate.  But that might not be  DE.  They've been up for sale the pass two years. . And now their in tencents greedy little hands. .   So the focus has been to make money. .  Why you think we got the 3rd open world out of nowhere.  It's was a safe bet. . And like railjacj  didn't pay off. ... if the New war isn't good.  This games in alot of trouble. ..

On 2021-05-25 at 10:19 AM, Voltage said:

I mean, DE has created a gameplay loop that requires updating the game every 2 weeks or so to keep people interested aside from the obscene login reward requirements for the Login Tribute system. If DE could just work on more depth in the systems they add, there would be no issue with waiting weeks or months for large updates because there are deep and rich systems to dive into while you wait.

I honestly feel it's a real shame that instead of criticizing the lack depth of Warframe, players just toss the "play something else" as if it somehow excuses how shallow updates have become. Warframe is vast, but it really isn't that deep per system.

I would like to see Focus, Riven Mods, the Operator, Arcanes, Open Worlds, and consumables (Forma types, Exilus types, etc.) reach depths that create some real good gear progression for player inventories. Plains of Eidolon was on great track for this, but unfortunately Fortuna + the Plains Remaster watered this down. I'm not sure if that is due to this playerbase liking shallow, easy, and quick access to power or if DE is purposefully designing this game around being shallow to appeal to newer and less invested players.

They're focusing on short-term monetary gain just to keep themselves afloat in the market. Simply put the not only won't, but can't plan ahead simply due to the fact that they make more money from these "big updates" that get in the media and whatnot. An update that changes their design philosophy would only get written about once or twice. DE has gotten themselves in a predicament that demands them to ship out more Warframes and skins to make bundles. But let's say that the company is swimming like a dolphin and not drowning like a horse in the monetary side, they're going to do what makes them the most money. This update structure makes them big amounts of money in small intervals allowing them to profit. The game is so old that a full-on rework would soak up potential profit, whereas they can just milk the game dry for its last few years left, plus I doubt Warframe will survive and thrive after the next console generation after Xbox Series X and PS5; it'll probably just become a burden for the company and investors unless something big happens.

To summarize, this probably won't work out in this scenario due to one thing: Grofit.

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)NuclearSquiddy said:

They're focusing on short-term monetary gain just to keep themselves afloat in the market. Simply put the not only won't, but can't plan ahead simply due to the fact that they make more money from these "big updates" that get in the media and whatnot. An update that changes their design philosophy would only get written about once or twice. DE has gotten themselves in a predicament that demands them to ship out more Warframes and skins to make bundles. But let's say that the company is swimming like a dolphin and not drowning like a horse in the monetary side, they're going to do what makes them the most money. This update structure makes them big amounts of money in small intervals allowing them to profit. The game is so old that a full-on rework would soak up potential profit, whereas they can just milk the game dry for its last few years left, plus I doubt Warframe will survive and thrive after the next console generation after Xbox Series X and PS5; it'll probably just become a burden for the company and investors unless something big happens.

To summarize, this probably won't work out in this scenario due to one thing: Grofit.

Sooo... you're saying they gotta do what they gotta do?

16 hours ago, Loza03 said:

When playing defence for any reason (which I avoid at all costs, but sometimes needs must), I am extremely encouraged to exclusively use high range, high duration Stasis by virtue of the fact that my preferred playstyle can fail

Very true and experience taught you that while your overall collection of your arsenal gave you the ability to make the best decision, whether you're a fan of it or not. Don't cut yourself short: you're a significantly better player than you were years ago and you're "richer" in in-game assets. End game bliss in any game simply means you know darn well you could take the worst load-out for the job, the best load-out for the job or the most entertaining load-out for the job. Your younger, less experienced, less equipped self, had no clue if you had the right mods or enough capacity to even test a high range, high duration Stasis. 

I guess my points, when having discussions with fellow vets, always lead back to this: Our years of experience playing a single game that was built to be a power fantasy is just too high to justify our arguments. I dreamed of this type of game, got it, play and played the absolute HELL out of it for over half a decade and cannot fathom having that much experience but still getting destroyed by anything currently in the game that I've had the chance to conquer over time. The eidolons were difficult and challenging for a while when they were released but, now that I've had tons of bonding time and amp/load-out gains, I shouldn't expect a hard battle anymore. The fun, however, is ALWAYS there and that is where I think we can circle back to your examples and my original load-out examples playing their parts.

16 hours ago, DragonFox16 said:

Most of the time it is an gear or configuration check and content gets trivialized with the correct gear. Except extrem high endurance runs of course. But they are very niche. But then again, this is what i like about the game. :-P I am not very demanding when i start warframe. I don't expect a soulslike gameplay. Not even close.

I think your WoW example fits here. Steel Path enemies are already insane for many players but tossing scaling enemies in high endurance runs is a major challenge few can handle. Gear checks, best configurations AND skill are very much needed. Since very few take on that challenge, even when they have the gear, wouldn't it be safe to say that the limitation of difficulty isn't the issue but the overall limits of the player base is? If true then why make hard even harder (while also trying to figure out rewarding) when most can't even handle the current?  What would be the point?

17 hours ago, DragonFox16 said:

There is almost no such thing as a skill check. (Except Spy on Lua. Even when the information and solution for that is online. :-P )
Most of the time it is an gear or configuration check and content gets trivialized with the correct gear. Except extrem high endurance runs of course. But they are very niche. But then again, this is what i like about the game. :-P I am not very demanding when i start warframe. I don't expect a soulslike gameplay. Not even close.

Spies on Lua doesn't require skills if you have good gear (e.g. Ivara).

Endurance runs are made trivial as well.

I just returned after a several year break... Been playing solid for a week, already burning out on the amount of grind just to unlock basic game mechanics. Currently working on the Helminth Segment for my Orbiter and this is breaking me... I can't find anyone to group up to do higher level bounties with, so I'm stuck doing the ones that reward 10 tokens, I'd have to do 71 of those in groups in order to get the tokens to rank up my standing enough to purchase it, let alone the blueprints I'd have to acquire and build. On top of all the other standings, I can see why others online have been saying that this game is dying and why nearly no one is streaming it.

They still haven't increased rep grind rates, they still haven't decreased prices (from what I can see) on items, they still haven't added anything really groundbreaking and visually the game doesn't look any better now than it did in 2012 during the early phases of Closed Beta.

Their solution to people wanting more difficult content is to just throw sentinels at the player or increase resistances on existing mobs. Can't wait to see an Infested Stalker show up, or a Sentient Stalker show up to hunt me down. /facepalm

10 hours ago, (XBOX)NuclearSquiddy said:

And that must terrify DE because no one cares about the company outside of Warframe. They tried to make another game and it bombed.

52 minutes ago, NeoBahamut19 said:

I just returned after a several year break... Been playing solid for a week, already burning out on the amount of grind just to unlock basic game mechanics. Currently working on the Helminth Segment for my Orbiter and this is breaking me... I can't find anyone to group up to do higher level bounties with, so I'm stuck doing the ones that reward 10 tokens, I'd have to do 71 of those in groups in order to get the tokens to rank up my standing enough to purchase it, let alone the blueprints I'd have to acquire and build. On top of all the other standings, I can see why others online have been saying that this game is dying and why nearly no one is streaming it.

Public matchmaking isn’t finding anyone for you to group with? Deimos was pretty popular last time I was in it. Also, I don’t play very often and I was able to unlock Helminth in a couple days. Sounds like you need to look up some ways to grind more efficiently instead of blaming the game, because it shouldn’t be that bad.

Also, the Helminth isn’t “basic game mechanics”. It was originally meant to be a resource sink for long time vets, they just lowered the requirement to MR8 because people complained 🙄

They still haven't increased rep grind rates, they still haven't decreased prices (from what I can see) on items, they still haven't added anything really groundbreaking and visually the game doesn't look any better now than it did in 2012 during the early phases of Closed Beta.

Their solution to people wanting more difficult content is to just throw sentinels at the player or increase resistances on existing mobs. Can't wait to see an Infested Stalker show up, or a Sentient Stalker show up to hunt me down. /facepalm

Maybe this game just isn’t for you?

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Public matchmaking isn’t finding anyone for you to group with? Deimos was pretty popular last time I was in it. Also, I don’t play very often and I was able to unlock Helminth in a couple days. Sounds like you need to look up some ways to grind more efficiently instead of blaming the game, because it shouldn’t be that bad.

Maybe this game just isn’t for you?

Gotta be the dumbest statement I've heard as a Master Founder.

Maybe I'm just not happy with the direction the developers took it in and as someone who is returning after all the rep grinds were implemented; and can see how the game can potentially drive away new players due to the ever increasing amounts of grinds for reputations and currencies.

When you defend this crap, you bolster DEs dedication to said crap.

Also, you clearly miss my point, it's not about one grind, it's about all the grinds combined. You want a new friend to come play? Yeah, okay, now they have to grind for gear to be able to get through the story, then they have to grind for materials to craft recipes required for this that and the other mechanics, then they have to wait on timers, then they have to grind rep, all so they can join you in various things. I've already unlocked quite a bit, but other friends of mine who are just starting up are now having to put up with this garbage wall of grind.

Shame on me as someone who started playing in 2012 to share my thoughts on the direction the game has taken over the course of nearly a decade.

PS: Many of us have better things to do than troll through forums.

16 minutes ago, NeoBahamut19 said:

Gotta be the dumbest statement I've heard as a Master Founder.

Maybe I'm just not happy with the direction the developers took it in and as someone who is returning after all the rep grinds were implemented; and can see how the game can potentially drive away new players due to the ever increasing amounts of grinds for reputations and currencies.

When you defend this crap, you bolster DEs dedication to said crap.

Also, you clearly miss my point, it's not about one grind, it's about all the grinds combined. You want a new friend to come play? Yeah, okay, now they have to grind for gear to be able to get through the story, then they have to grind for materials to craft recipes required for this that and the other mechanics, then they have to wait on timers, then they have to grind rep, all so they can join you in various things. I've already unlocked quite a bit, but other friends of mine who are just starting up are now having to put up with this garbage wall of grind.

Shame on me as someone who started playing in 2012 to share my thoughts on the direction the game has taken over the course of nearly a decade.

PS: Many of us have better things to do than troll through forums.

You're right. Unfortunately, take away the grind, and there's nothing to Warframe.

Funny thing, in last AMA on reddit Steve said that Phantasy Star Online was one of the inspirations for Warframe.

And now PSO 2 New Genesis could actually replace Warframe for many people.

Archived