Jump to content

For veterans bored of game like i am


Recommended Posts

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Sorry but it's just so funny. You kinda had to see the previous thread that it pertained to though.

I did see it 🤔

Don't mind me though, just making a small observation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, CrimsonXX said:

My usage of the term "tryhard" has nothing to do with saltiness/anger or some sense of "moral high ground" (though I do admittedly put tryhards at the bottom of any respect pool, while literally everyone else is better) xD Its a matter of calling them for what they are. Also I guess you've forgotten how the jellyfish bit is also a bit of a cheeky reference to a particular boss's quotes that also happens to fit in here. Though clearly it fits since thin-skin is on full display, which is another trait of tryhards that can't stand to not have people respect their self-perceived status and ideology.

It does, because the word has no place in a worthwhile discussion about improvement or change. "Tryhard" as I said isnt an actual thing, it is something percieved by you as something negative. If you started to bring in actual comparisons between the different parts of the playerbase, like newbie vs vet, casual vs hardcore and so on you might have had a point. But when you go down the "buhr dur tryhard!" path there is little of value.

And like I said, in order for skin thickness to ever have a meaning you need to actually bring something that may insult people. Tryhard or anything else you've said does offend or insult, it just sounds utterly dumb. Not only is it horribly out of place in a PvE game, it also makes zero sense in the context you try to place it.

Tryhard is a term used for weak players near exclusively in PvP games, it describes weak players that fail to achieve something even if they try their damnedest at it. Most often versus an opponent that does not try at all. Like people hellbent on winning in non-competative Overwatch matches, like pre-mades going up against pug quickplay teams and losing hard. That is the meaning of tryhard, they go to extreme lengths to win something and still fail versus avarage people that are grouped up through pure chance.

Here in WF a tryhard would be someone with the best gear failing at the most trivial missions. Though the term is often not fitting at all for a PvE setting.

edit: So where and how exactly does tryhard fit into this discussion around people wanting more challenging content? Wouldnt the tryhard here be you, with access to the best gear easily, still barely hanging on and just wanting the button mash content that we have? Not saying you are a tryhard, since the term doesnt really work here, but you'd be the closest to it in this thread.

Also, "true elitist tryhard" now that was some funny wierd word combination. It should go up there with "military intelligence" etc.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 2021-05-31 at 7:11 AM, SneakyErvin said:

It does, because the word has no place in a worthwhile discussion about improvement or change. "Tryhard" as I said isnt an actual thing, it is something percieved by you as something negative. If you started to bring in actual comparisons between the different parts of the playerbase, like newbie vs vet, casual vs hardcore and so on you might have had a point. But when you go down the "buhr dur tryhard!" path there is little of value.

And like I said, in order for skin thickness to ever have a meaning you need to actually bring something that may insult people. Tryhard or anything else you've said does offend or insult, it just sounds utterly dumb. Not only is it horribly out of place in a PvE game, it also makes zero sense in the context you try to place it.

Tryhard is a term used for weak players near exclusively in PvP games, it describes weak players that fail to achieve something even if they try their damnedest at it. Most often versus an opponent that does not try at all. Like people hellbent on winning in non-competative Overwatch matches, like pre-mades going up against pug quickplay teams and losing hard. That is the meaning of tryhard, they go to extreme lengths to win something and still fail versus avarage people that are grouped up through pure chance.

Here in WF a tryhard would be someone with the best gear failing at the most trivial missions. Though the term is often not fitting at all for a PvE setting.

edit: So where and how exactly does tryhard fit into this discussion around people wanting more challenging content? Wouldnt the tryhard here be you, with access to the best gear easily, still barely hanging on and just wanting the button mash content that we have? Not saying you are a tryhard, since the term doesnt really work here, but you'd be the closest to it in this thread.

Also, "true elitist tryhard" now that was some funny wierd word combination. It should go up there with "military intelligence" etc.

I’m not defending the other guy at all, but I think you guys have different definitions of “tryhards”. In my experience, a tryhard is just someone who puts way too much effort into something that doesn’t require that much effort. The straight A student that does extra credit assignments when they already have an A would be a “tryhard”.

In this case I think he’s referring to min-maxers as “tryhards” because they’re putting too much effort into a game that doesn’t need it.

It’s not really his business how someone else has their fun, and it’s weird that he’s so salty about it, though.

Edited by (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I’m not defending the other guy at all, but I think you guys have different definitions of “tryhards”. In my experience, a tryhard is just someone who puts way too much effort into something that doesn’t require that much effort. The straight A student that does extra credit assignments when they already have an A would be a “tryhard”.

In this case I think he’s referring to min-maxers as “tryhards” because they’re putting too much effort into a game that doesn’t need it.

It’s not really his business how someone else has their fun, and it’s weird that he’s so salty about it, though.

Tryhard tends to be the opposite. A straight A student wouldnt be a tryhard even if he goes for extra credits. A tryhard would be a student not really cut for straight A grades but pushes there even if he actually doesnt need it, just so he can titulate himself a straight A student. Surely there are some natural straight A tryhards that do extra credits just to look good in the eyes of their teachers/professors etc. But I think most A students doing extra credits do it simply because they like to study and learn. 

While he may think min-maxers are tryhards, the truth is they arent, since min-maxing is a choice and an interest, something people do for fun, just as pushing their efficiency in games even if it means only shaving off seconds in a run. A tryhard doesnt do things because they are fun, they are simply in it to "win" and tend to take everything overly serious. 

Exactly, he's strangely salty about us asking for something fun, in this case content that fits the progress cap of the game. That makes us that ask for it the opposite of tryhards.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Tryhard tends to be the opposite. A straight A student wouldnt be a tryhard even if he goes for extra credits. A tryhard would be a student not really cut for straight A grades but pushes there even if he actually doesnt need it, just so he can titulate himself a straight A student. Surely there are some natural straight A tryhards that do extra credits just to look good in the eyes of their teachers/professors etc. But I think most A students doing extra credits do it simply because they like to study and learn. 

While he may think min-maxers are tryhards, the truth is they arent, since min-maxing is a choice and an interest, something people do for fun, just as pushing their efficiency in games even if it means only shaving off seconds in a run. A tryhard doesnt do things because they are fun, they are simply in it to "win" and tend to take everything overly serious. 

Exactly, he's strangely salty about us asking for something fun, in this case content that fits the progress cap of the game. That makes us that ask for it the opposite of tryhards.

This might be a cultural difference then? I’m in America and the phrase “don’t be such a tryhard” would apply to someone who is trying too hard at something.

Either way, not sure why he is so salty.

Edited by (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the past 2 years the most fun I've had in this game was Railjack (pre-rework). It was hard, you'd get pooped on if you went solo at highest levels, everyone in the team was needed for a specific role to survive and not have the ship disabled every 30 seconds. Then they reworked it, made everything x10 times easier, just as the rest of the game, boring.

I don't think they can go back anymore, or even willing, to tone down the ridiculous multipliers in dmg/dr across the whole game as it would be controversial at this point

They introduced Steel Path as a "hard mode" and even that is a joke to most veteran players

As "end game" you think massive boss battles, raids, high risk-reward missions

What we have is immunity phases, press E to win and the almost no actual co-op to speak of as people play on public just for the sake of it

One can only hope something fun and satisfying will come, but at this point it's like waiting for that girl you like to text you back but she actually never does

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-05-24 at 6:49 PM, Apocryphos13 said:

You've probably already heard it, but take it easy, there are tons of other games out there, and Warframe just reached the limit of it's lifespan for me, that's about it. If DE someday pops out another similar game, where i can experience the whole journey again before it gets to an ultimately repetitive endgame, i'll gladly give it a try !

ha, that is easy apply to universe of super heroes, mmorpg, or some sort action but kicking in the game.  Pretty much they could just drive it any length for the limits is the human mind can think what is very creative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-05-31 at 12:11 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Not only is it horribly out of place in a PvE game.

I'd say a "tryhard" is basically the same as a "hardcore" player. You know, the kind that, when someone complains about anything, they need to go out of their way to pretend that any and all complaints are about difficulty. Then they go on a tirade of "casuals ruining muh game!" and all that rot. These forums have those people, like all forums do. Since i've never played a PvP game, obviously it isn't at all out of place in a PvE game. When one can min-max and you have the option to play with others, these people will rear their ugly heads. To them the game is meta or nothing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the only way for most veterans not to get bored in this game is when they put bunch of devs to focus on PVP, they could put a Battle Royal Warframe style in the game if they want to, they already have the map, 2 of them in fact. if they're concerned about balance well they could basically start everyone with modless warframe and weapon then let them equip mods that they can loot from npcs they kill... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Thy Divinity said:

Imagine taking an extended break from the game and it's forum, and returning to the same old theme lol

could you imagine if it become one thous crazy anime about (I was force to watch with friends) warframe get reincarnated into some an RPG game that would terrified the whole planet because these frame r mother fugging nuclear bombs and can wipe out civilization.  Then again, we could imagine it be all over like dragon dorgma but fused with warframe then everyone is ready be dragons murdering whole country.  Imagine the crossbow guy trying shoot you while he watch get deflected off your skin for all I can say rip crossbow guy.

As I said, the only limitation is the human's mind to draw out that point of limitation to themselves.  If you see DC's comic book it is freaking endless fugging comic books that got brought together by their developer.  We could too but it is not like DE is going let us take the wheel and as we take it for a spin for more likely they would press charges on us and either become un-ending workaholic or going jail for good about 50 years of your life.  Pretty much, I don't think you know who wouldn't let us do not single unlicensed making manga guys to take warframe into their themes.  Hek, if they did let us for this would of been booming with anime having massive crossover with warframe or video games crossover with better version then "Anthem"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, --EC--Adrenaline said:

In the past 2 years the most fun I've had in this game was Railjack (pre-rework). It was hard, you'd get pooped on if you went solo at highest levels, everyone in the team was needed for a specific role to survive and not have the ship disabled every 30 seconds. Then they reworked it, made everything x10 times easier, just as the rest of the game, boring.

I don't think they can go back anymore, or even willing, to tone down the ridiculous multipliers in dmg/dr across the whole game as it would be controversial at this point

They introduced Steel Path as a "hard mode" and even that is a joke to most veteran players

As "end game" you think massive boss battles, raids, high risk-reward missions

What we have is immunity phases, press E to win and the almost no actual co-op to speak of as people play on public just for the sake of it

One can only hope something fun and satisfying will come, but at this point it's like waiting for that girl you like to text you back but she actually never does

SPOT ON. And that's when you start dating her friend so she wants the attention back or in gaming terms, we start playing other games and DE tries to lure us back so they have our attention again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

This might be a cultural difference then? I’m in America and the phrase “don’t be such a tryhard” would apply to someone who is trying too hard at something.

Either way, not sure why he is so salty.

Yeah I think the US tend to use words and phrases a bit more casually and broad than the definition really stands for. Tryhard wouldnt be the first or last term it happens to.

The offical definition of Tryhard, which has been around since 2005 officially refers to a person of little talent that tries hard to succeed, especially through imitation, usually to gain fame or popularity.

Another one refers to people that put too much emotion or effort into something of a far lower level.

So if something is easy for someone or it comes naturally, that person cannot be a tryhard in that area since he simply doesnt have to try in the first place. Which is why it is fun in games like Overwatch when you have an actual tryhard on the opposing team calling their enemy tryhards for winning when the enemy they call out simply has a natural talent for the game and plays for fun with little effort involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-05-30 at 3:21 AM, SneakyErvin said:

I'm just amazed they didnt progress RJ with the Corpus update, they just did the same thing we already had with new-old mobs and slightly different crewships and missions. Not saying it was bad or that it didnt feel slightly different, it just didnt really go anywhere. And I'm not surprised people feel intimidated, the system has been blown up to be far more complex than it actually is both by DE as a hype and then by content creators pointing out "flaws". Sad part is DE bent to alot of it. RJ was at release a good system when it came to loot, with an actual gameplay loot similar to looter shooters and arpgs, it gave you a reason to go back for better items. After the reactor change there was zero point in going back since you already have a 90% reactor no matter what it really rolls. Then valence just made progression way too fast. With the Corpus release I had all guns I wanted maxed within a few hours and I didnt even chase or focus on getting them.

I just hope DE wont look at hours spent in there then, if they do they'll keep releasing only things to attract new captains since I dont think many of the vets spend more time in there than to get the new shinies. DE should really come up with an idea for RJ that lets us use it to actually progress things that arent RJ specific. It shows that they want to but it is just badly handled. It is fun and all that they add defense etc. but there is zero point doing it in RJ over doing it on the normal map the way it is designed. The only slightly bright part are the fissures since you can actually farm radiants while also having a decent safeguard getting a radiant's worth of traces instead in the "high" proximas.

Yep, heavy melee just needs a nudge. Either more AS or they rework the AS formula for them. I'd prefer a rework so weapons are consistant across the board so people can know what they get when they sit down to use a .80, 1.0 or 1.2 speed weapon. It would also remove several of the clunkyness tied to some of the faster weapons and their stances aswell, like the insane glides you end up with on single dagger and so on

My bad Sneak, things got pretty busy but I loved your points here and wanted to discuss 

In regard to RJ, I think a select group of content creators did an excellent job destroying what they actually wanted. Personally, if DE just increased the Railjack's speed and added the AI crew, I would've been in heaven. Luckily, the current Railjack is fantastic as well and I only want more dog fight style battles where the Railjack's arsenal can feel the stress of tankier, larger squadron enemies, forcing a greater reliance on pilot skills and crew efficiency. I'm hoping the mentioned upcoming survival mode is also for the space fight and not just the ground missions. You would NEVER get me off of Railjack at that point!! 😂

I agree that rewards are a big thing. Railjack has an advantage because it's still "new" enough to introduce a next tier mod system, however I'd love to make it a clan thing. Since the weapons are still mk tier, DE could easily ramp up the enemy speed and levels to the point of our mk weapons being barely useable. With how much faster the ships are now, evasion and perseverance would be key early on until you get the upgraded mods. Those mods will have to be R&D by the clan but the only way to discover those mods would be through total mission performance points. Of course, what was hard will become easy again but it should take longer, exactly like the eidolon system. Yes, it's a gate but the reward for each progressive advancement is access to the harder setup (like eidolon one to eidolon two).

I just straight up agree with the melee stuff. Lol!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 2021-06-02 at 3:19 AM, (PSN)Yggranya said:

I'd say a "tryhard" is basically the same as a "hardcore" player. You know, the kind that, when someone complains about anything, they need to go out of their way to pretend that any and all complaints are about difficulty. Then they go on a tirade of "casuals ruining muh game!" and all that rot. These forums have those people, like all forums do. Since i've never played a PvP game, obviously it isn't at all out of place in a PvE game. When one can min-max and you have the option to play with others, these people will rear their ugly heads. To them the game is meta or nothing.

Hardcore gamer is just someone that spends alot of time on games, the opposite of casual. What you describe is more an elitist trait, everything should cater to them and if you arent at their level of selfproclaimed godhood you can gtfo. And if you ask for content that doesnt fit them you should stfu.

Hardcore is just a gamer that focuses on doing everything they can in the game while spending alot of time doing it. The casual can eventually get themself to the same point in the game, but how long it takes or if they dont get there at all doesnt really matter. I'm somewhere in between, the things I want to do in a game tends to get alot of time focused towards it, I also want to do it efficiently, but at the same time I'm all OK with not doing everything the game has to offer if I dont enjoy those parts.

I'm not sure though if it is even possibly to interchange tryhard and elite, since elites tend to be good players that want to surround themselves only with equals while tryhards tend to not be very good at all.

Edited by SneakyErvin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am 2.6.2021 um 03:33 schrieb (XBOX)Thy Divinity:

Imagine taking an extended break from the game and it's forum, and returning to the same old theme lol

some desperately want to waste their time and constantly complain. sounds like a hobby or a way of life.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Le 25/05/2021 à 01:49, Apocryphos13 a dit :

You've probably already heard it, but take it easy, there are tons of other games out there, and Warframe just reached the limit of it's lifespan for me, that's about it. If DE someday pops out another similar game, where i can experience the whole journey again before it gets to an ultimately repetitive endgame, i'll gladly give it a try !

"Veterans bored of the game like i am"

Well, author of the topic is Mr19 with 219/620+ equipment mastered, most of the prime warframe not mastered. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

"Veterans bored of the game like i am"

Well, author of the topic is Mr19 with 219/620+ equipment mastered, most of the prime warframe not mastered. 

 

Lol best comment in the thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Alpha56:

"Veterans bored of the game like i am"

Well, author of the topic is Mr19 with 219/620+ equipment mastered, most of the prime warframe not mastered. 

 

and it's not just about weapons or warframes. he / she / it has surely not collected all the mods and experienced a lot of content.

so another epic fail from a troll. something like that should actually be banned immediately. because the goal is to deceive and demotivate others. liars have no place on earth.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu56wpltegisZBstgugG6

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
Il y a 2 heures, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

Lol best comment in the thread.

I just checked his profile, that's 24 warframes primes not mastered, while there are only 30 warframes primes in the game. 

So 4/30, he mastered 4 warframes primes.

Veteran... cough...

Edit: Actually he mastered 3 warframes primes, since his Frost prime is lvl 18 only.

Cough 

 

Edited by Alpha56
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...